[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kickstarter thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 1459272234882-0.jpg (816 KB, 1126x1429) Image search: [Google]
1459272234882-0.jpg
816 KB, 1126x1429
Is there any explanation as to how a game for dreamcast and ouya made $185,322 on kickstarter? Can kickstarter even be considered a valid medium for game developers to get funding now?
>>
>>332729690
What the fuck is wrong with his nose?
>>
>>332729780
jewitis
>>
>>332729690
Was this guy just in way over his head and can't actually live up to his promises?
>>
File: 1459000032961.gif (704 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1459000032961.gif
704 KB, 320x180
>>332729804
My nigga that was quick.
>>
>can't post gofundme links
fuck
Well there's a link to it here, click on BILLION DOLLAR EDUGAME:
http://www.bobcorporation.com/
Our old friend Bob is at it again.
>>
>>332730070
>can't post gofundme links
huh, i originally saw that link posted here. guess whoever posted it must have done some kind of posting shenanigans

anyway, bob's gofundme is fuckin' pure comedy gold. everyone needs to check it out
>>
>>332729690
>life can be difficult

Well ho-lee shit, who knew?
>>
>>332730317
I'm the guy who posted it originally. I only posted it once a couple days ago, and now I'm getting the typical "our system thinks your post is spam"
oh well.
>>
>>332730537
it's something that most indie devs learn, when they eventually have to go get real jobs
>>
>>332730841
Man, I don't know about you guys - but am I glad I did NOT choose making video games as my career.
>>
how did that mspaint game get funded?
>>
>>332731092
well, "career" implies that it's something you'll be doing for most of your life, and that's just not true for 99% of indie devs

i'm actually kind of glad the company i worked for went under, because while it was interesting to see how the sausage is made, it wasn't exactly a fun or rewarding job
>>
File: Hello fellow goys.jpg (16 KB, 427x328) Image search: [Google]
Hello fellow goys.jpg
16 KB, 427x328
>>332729780
Nothing at all.
>>
Typical Nu-Male shit game developer, game looks like fucking fag jizz, but retard Westacucks still burn their dough on retarded shit like this.

Pretty much sums up Western gaming though, can use this for record keeping.
>>
>>332731092
Most do it as a hobby
>>
>>332730769
oh cool; thanks again for posting that, man, it was a real fuckin' proclick
>>
>>332729690
He's a numale and his game looks like shit.
>>
>>332729690
>it's a faggot with the beard + hipster glasses combo episode
Please come back dudebro/skater fashion, I didn't know how much worse it could be.
>>
>>332733372
At least dudebros and s8erfags didn't bitch so fucking much.
>>
>>332729690
If you build it and advertise effectively they will come.

I think KS is still valid, but it's no longer seen as the "revolution" to save us from the woes of AAA gaming. I think we were all expecting these games to be smaller, shorter, and obviously low-budget since the teams were so tiny - it also meant developing their game cost less, and they could take risks with games that major publishers would never do. What we didn't see coming was
>devs as slaves to their backers
>dishonest/incompetent devs blatantly wasting backers' money
>creative visions marred by backer bullshit like "donate $50 to get ur own caracter in teh game"
etc... crowdfunding has its own separate cancer.
>>
File: 1453173084792.gif (965 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453173084792.gif
965 KB, 500x375
Any day now, Inafune's gonna update the MN9 kickstarter page with a huge apology and put the game on indefinite hiatus. I can just feel it.

Go on Inafune you madman! Take the money and run! You've got NOTHING to lose! Just do it!!!
>>
>>332729690

>stress

He's just an attention whore, he got 180 grand for free and with 0 obligations to release anything, he can take however long he wants to make whatever gay shit he's making or just say fuck it and waste it on drugs, booze and women, this faggot has no idea what stress is.
>>
>>332731627
How was the sausage made?
>>
This looks like the type of game people made for free in 1998 that were totally ignored.
>>
>>332737328
it was made of nerds arguing

in our case, it was made of nerds arguing against anything that smacked of creativity or imagination, and against anything that assumed our players were not completely retarded

eventually i just quit arguing and thought "well i get my paycheck whether or not the game sucks"
>>
>>332735401
I still don't understand how he can design a game like SSD, and then completely botch everything in MN9.
>>
>>332729690
Why is this nigger so buttblasted? He's taking the piss out of people who complain all the time and here he is doing the exact stuff he's talking about

Has he made anything good? Also most kickstarter projects get funded because people don't always know what to do with their money. If a publisher says no to a game idea there's usually a specific reason (most likely money). So the next time you donate to some crowdfunded game don't be mad when they drop the steaming turd. You are responsible.
>>
>>332735401
it's not out yet?
wasn't it meant to come out last september?
>>
Mods DELETE THIS

The guy looks like he already sucked half the cash in Yayo up his fucking nose.

This is a fucking waste of internet space.
>>
>dream cast and ouya
I don't even feel bad for him
Why do people quit their jobs so they can do some retarded indieshit? If you're going to make a shitty indie game just do it on the side while you also get money from a real job
>>
>>332729690
God that game looks like shit.
>>
>>332738009
You mean last April, before it was delayed to September, and then February, and now TBD.
>>
>>332729690
lolbertarians everyone
>>
Just because you work hard on something doesn't mean that it's going to be good.

I'm sure people worked hard on Superman for the N64, but it's still a shitty game.
>>
remember when this guy did it with no funding/kickstarter
>>
File: bob_ks.jpg (42 KB, 997x633) Image search: [Google]
bob_ks.jpg
42 KB, 997x633
>>332740250
>with no funding/kickstarter
>>
>>332729690

For indie and upcoming developers? No. Lots of people got burned from scams and the ratio of those who actually delivered versus shit kickstarters/scams now have made indie kickstarters a laughing stock.

Established names still got a shot most especially if they're reviving IPs.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.