[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ is always wrong >/v/'s opinions are only contrarian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1429645771031.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1429645771031.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>/v/ is always wrong
>/v/'s opinions are only contrarian

who started this meme? /v/ hates so many things that it essentially boils down to /v/ having zero tolerance for shitty games, and thus they're mostly right when they criticize something

give me some examples when /v/ was wrong and when /v/ was right

ill start:

>/v/ was right
fallout 4 is shit
destiny is shit
the division is shit
>>
>>332728752
/v/ isn't a hivemind
When you post about you game you like, the most vocal people will be the ones who hate it. I'm sure there are people on here who like bethsoft "rpgs" and pseudo mmos.
>>
File: 1428327132918.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1428327132918.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>332729062
Agreed, but generally when those people try to defend their games they get shot down immediately, and usually by actual good points.

Conversely, those people never seem to be able to defend their games without quickly slipping.
>>
>>332729385
Yeah but those casual faggots are probably too busy sexing the girls or whatever. Fucking normies.
>>
>>332728752
/v/ is never right
>>
>>332729558
>it's a normie slightly falseflag baits episode

get out, ree, le mad frog picture, etc
>>
>>332729062
One can see a sort of pattern to the general consensus opinions on /v/.

>/v/ was right
vtmb is good
>>
>>332729385
That's because all games have flaws. There's no game beyond total reproach. Even some games I'd say are 10/10 to me have flaws.
>>
>>332728752
/v/ is autistic and only sees in black and white.

It's either shit or masterpiece. There is no in-between.

Fallout 4 is not shit. But that doesn't mean it's a masterpiece either. It does a lot of things good enough to make the game fun for literally millions of people.

I can't speak on the Division or Destiny as I never played them but I can safely say neither are shit.
>>
>>332730143
Destiny was rated shit by even game journalists though on their own scales, where anything in the 70s/100 is shit
>>
>>332728752
>/v/'s opinions are only contrarian
I think this idea mostly comes from more people being vocal after something releases, usually to where the people that didn't say much about it before feel the game or whatever in question is "in their face too much" whether they end up enjoying it or not. At that point, more people enter the discussion and it may seem like the majority opinion changed when it simply just had more people making a comment about it. Of course, the only actual contrarians there would be the people who can only repeat what the current bandwagon is saying, and that's easy enough to catch.
>>
>>332730374
No it wasn't. It was rated as mediocre. Mediocre doesn't mean shit and that is the problem I'm talking about.
>>
File: 1434031426214.jpg (40 KB, 428x359) Image search: [Google]
1434031426214.jpg
40 KB, 428x359
>>332730143
>/v/ only sees in black and white

Exactly, but what I'm saying is if you read enough of both kinds of opinions and can start to see which camp between 'Game is shit' and 'Game is GOAT' has more supporters and which camp generally has the better arguments, you can start to reach a consensus

For example, Fallout 4 is pretty much hated almost universally on here. It's obviously not the worst game in existence, but with respect to the other games in the franchise, other recent AAA games, and other open world RPGs released even in the past year, it falls incredibly short. You generally see the same arguments and statements repeated over by the more non-shitposting posters in threads:

>gunplay is improved
>writing is terrible as always
>Bethesda is uncreative and lazy, again
>some shining moments in a few sidequests, but not enough to warrant calling it overall a great game
>rpg elements being stripped was a terrible idea
>rpg elements include not only skills, but also character traits, faction system or something similar, dialogue choices that actually matter
>nothing the player does will ever change the world you play in
>rolling a certain build doesn't change gameplay at all, meaning there's minimal replay value
>tons of elements were not included from New Vegas to fallout 4 that should have been
>faction don't make any sense
>above all, Bethesda is fucking lazy

I'd say those are all pretty reasonable arguments, and you mainly see them coming from people who think the game isn't very good
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.