[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth a pirate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
Is this worth a pirate?
>>
not if you enjoy and real RPG games
or good games in general
>>
>>332724169
I had a good time with New Vegas and some fun with 3, is this much worse?
>>
>>332723818
>worth
If you pirate it, it aint worth shit.
>>
>>332724397
I'm still giving up bandwidth and HD space.
>>
It'll be $30 on saturday. That's a good price.
>>
>>332723818
Since all the DLC is still in progress it'd be a hassle to find the newest torrents every time some new good shit come out and the GECK isn't even released yet
>>
>>332723818
Not worth your time, just go play New Vegas.

4 is easily the worse Fallout.
>>
>>332723818
Its good for one playthrough. thats it

its so fucking lacking content, that Skyrim has more than it
>>
Don't fucking bother. Bethesda is trying their hardest to stifle mods before the GECK is out (whenever the hell that will be).

Newest beta patch stops the game from recognizing unofficial plugins. Workarounds were found but they are buggy as shit.
>>
>>332723818
It's the least rpg-ish fallout game.
The gameplay is better than 3, but the writing feels worse. It's still pretty enjoyable though, I bought it at half price and don't regret it, I've got 50 hours on it so far.
>>
>>332723818
Fallout 4 is not an RPG
>>
It's kind of a fun shooter. The writing is fucking HORRIBLE!!! though
>>
>>332729078
Am I gay or is dat bitch fine as fuck?
>>
>>332723818
Wait until they fully implement the Survival mode. Then get it.
>>
If you have to ask...

yup
>>
>>332723818
I pirated it to give it a try, assuming I'll have a bit of fun, but the only fun thing in that game is making your character.

The character creator is fucking great. Everything else is awful.
>>
>>332723818
Not really. All of the features released thus far lack any real depth. Survival+ will remain a tedious shitshow until some decent mods drop since Bethesda evidently doesn't understand that removing console commands and the ability to save regularly in one of their Creabryo games is a terrible fucking idea. Still no release date for the GECK.
>>
File: 1458043136402.gif (1 MB, 172x162) Image search: [Google]
1458043136402.gif
1 MB, 172x162
>>332724397
>burnt
>>
>Asking /v/ for advice
>Ever

Play whatever the fuck you want but don't take anything from these manchildren. Their taste in games amounts to anime-beat-em-up hentai bullshit and PC relics.
>>
File: 1410292088801.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1410292088801.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
>MFW i bought the pipboy edition and found out this game is almost all boring fetch quests
>>
>>332730963
>removing console commands and the ability to save regularly in one of their Creabryo games
This. I'm not savewhoring in this game because it's hard. I'm savewhoring because I'm scared of the fucking bugs and save corruptions.

Seriously though, it's so hard to die in Fallout 4 that it's laughable.
>>
whats the bet they are just waiting for everyone to forget about it and never release GECK? the community got bored and moved on already last november.
>>
>>332731712
Nah, they're getting their first-party modsite in place as we speak. They already disabled all plugins not officially released by the company for the new Survival beta.
>>
>>332731876
>They already disabled all plugins not officially released by the company

what the fuck

is this why they kept patching out settlement clipping workarounds too? so they could make money off paid mods when the GECK lands?

fuck bethseda
>>
File: jPJ96Fb.png (16 KB, 564x451) Image search: [Google]
jPJ96Fb.png
16 KB, 564x451
>>332732128
That's not all, senpai.
>>
File: reallynigga_.png (189 KB, 624x350) Image search: [Google]
reallynigga_.png
189 KB, 624x350
>>332727501
>>
>>332729078
>gameplay is better than 3, but the writing feels worse
How do you get worse than Fallout 3's writing?
You would have to try, and you would get dangerously close to "so bad it's good" that you'd be on a razor edge.
>>
>>332732535
It lacks the quirky charm 3's horrible graphics and general theme-parkishness had. The factions are just as stupid and they somehow managed to come up with an even worse justification for the inclusion of super mutants. The quests themselves are considerably blander. The setting feels even less developed. It's safe, boring, and ultimately half-assed in the extreme.
>>
File: Hats.png (11 KB, 192x155) Image search: [Google]
Hats.png
11 KB, 192x155
Unless your Internet is bad enough that it'd take multiple days to download like me then there's no plausible reason for not giving it a try.

>>332732421
...Curious.
>>
>>332732535
>How do you get worse than Fallout 3's writing?
By adding a dialogue wheel to it
>>
>>332733013
Of course, their moderators have denied any disabling of mods. It just so happens that the .exe is no longer compatible with unapproved plug-ins. I really hope they go through with this bullshit, if only because Bethesda's got a nasty habit of shitting the bed without getting burnt for it.
>>
>>332724345
Its a decent game, if you enjoyed 3 you'll probably enjoy this.
>>
Fallout 4 is a pretty decent Borderlands game.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.