[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask someone who's been stuck on Central Yharnham for 3 days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 25
File: Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper[1].jpg (61 KB, 250x312) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper[1].jpg
61 KB, 250x312
Ask someone who's been stuck on Central Yharnham for 3 days anything
>>
>>332719516
*Yharnam
>>
>>332719516
Nigga I don't know what makes you think being stuck in Central Yharnam makes you special.
We've all been there.
>>
>>332719516
whatd ya have for dinner
>>
>>332719516

what kind of socks are you wearing
>>
What are you stuck on, specifically? Nothing in Central Yharnam is really that hard, anyway.

Probably the only difficult spot is the two werewolves on the bridge, and even they can be cheesed.
>>
are you as suicidal as me
>>
Central Yharnam is legitimately the most difficult part in the game. (And also one of the best.)
>>
>>332720316
Yeah, but 3 days? I like to imagine him putting in hours upon hours of play and not being able to get out
>>
File: ScoobyDoo Is Displeased.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ScoobyDoo Is Displeased.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>Not a single secret to be had, no illusionary walls.
>All the 'armor' I've found so far is dinky robes instead of real nigga armor
>Weapons are all anime tier shit that could never function realistically.
>Invasions make no sense

When is this game going to become fun? I came in expecting werewolf souls and am getting alien faux-souls
>>
I'm stuck too, I can't get past Father Gascoigne, every time he turns into beast form he destroys me.
>>
>>332719516
How
>>
>>332720096
I got stuck at the firepit mob for a good 2 days. Kept getting shot, and having no shield sucks.
>>
>>332720496
>When is this game going to become fun? I came in expecting werewolf souls and am getting alien faux-souls
You sound a lot like me when I played the game.

Just finish it and move on, if you're not enjoying it now, you probably won't. I don't, I think it's the worst in FROM's wheelhouse, though I would get killed if I said it publicly. It even has my turned off to DS3. Going to wait, pirate and see if they continued their new style or kept to the old.
>>
>>332720496
>liking illusory walls

The way they handled secret paths in Bloodborne is way better than something this cheap.

Armor is fucking shit, though. I never used anything other than Yharnam hunter + Ludwig's blade (or whatever it's called).
>>
>3days
are you retarded?
>>
>>332719871
2 slices of pizza + protein shake

>>332719950
generic black socks

>>332720096
mainly just dumb mistakes by me, letting myself get cornered or rushing through the town cause im tired of dying, and not timing my attacks right

farthest i got was the wolves and then got my ass handed to me

it's my first souls game if that matters

>>332720116
nah
>>
>>332720634
You can run around them
>>
>>332720792
Use the molotovs.
>>
>>332720496
Dude half the fucking game is optional secret content but you bitch because none of it is hidden behind illusory walls? That's pretty stupid.
>>
>>332720918
o yea i had like 20 but they disappeared idk what happened to them
>>
Is this your first Souls game? Because if you played all the DLCs of Dark Souls 2 (and beat every boss), you'd have zero issues with Central Yharnam. At all.

Only thing in the ENTIRE game that got me was Defiled Chalice Watchdog. God damn, that took about a dozen tries.

But the Dark Souls 2 challenge areas are so much harder. Frozen Outskirts is hell when played solo. And the area before Alonne is really fucking hard too.
>>
>>332720975
The only secret area coming to mind is Cainhurst

optional =/= secret
>>
>>332720792
>farthest i got was the wolves and then got my ass handed to me
You're actually pretty much at the shortcut by that point. You've basically made it you just needed to explore that area a little more.

Take your time. Don't rush past enemies unless you have lots of blood vials or you'll have to farm them later anyway.
>>
>>332720520
Use your gun when he goes beast mode. He's easy to parry because he throws out so many attacks in a row.

He's also weak to fire. Use molotovs and fire paper if you have any.
>>
>>332721092
Oh yea I forgot the "Chalice Dungeons are bad" meme.

Also Nightmare Frontier and Lecture Hall F1 are a secret area. You only need to go through F2 to finish the game. If you don't consider getting the tonsil stone at a specific point and going and doing something that previously killed you to gain access to an area secret but hitting a wall secret then I just think you aint too bright.
>>
>>332720496
There actually are illusory walls, in Chalice Dungeons.
>>
>>332720520
Got the music box?
>>
>>332721395
I can't really consider it a secret since it's literally just you finding a key then opening a door and most people got tucked away the first time they encountered bagman.

again optional =/= secret. And yes, the chalice dungeons were infact shit
>>
>>332721092
Cainhurst
Upper cathedral ward
Hypogean gaol
Abandoned old workshop
Lecture hall before Byrgenwerth/Rom
>>332720496
You're wrong, there are some great armors.
>muh realism
>he cares about PVP at all
>>
>>332720496
Completely wrong on every level
It's not a fucking fantasy game. You don't get to wear "real nigga armor" you fucking child
Oh but the UGS tier of weapons in Souls are realistic?
>Invasions make no sense
Fair enough. The PvP system in BB is kinda garbage. The combat is fine, but the invasion system is junk.
>>
So...blunderbuss or pistol?
>>
>>332721297
Thanks for the help, guess I'll have to grind for echoes to buy more molotovs.

>>332721472
What's that and where would I find it?
>>
>>332721801
I used neither. Thought it was dumb.

I didn't parry or use co-op the entire game and the shit was still too easy.
>>
>>332721801
Pistol. Does more damage if you're into that and it has a shorter recovery time after shots
>>
>>332722008
>I simply can't resist an opportunity to jerk myself off over how hardcore I am.
>>
>>332721569
So hitting a wall that has a message telling you to hit it in front of is a secret though? That's what you're telling me?

There's also the secret shortcut from jumping off the elevator in the Yargul, the hidden workshop from dropping down beams in the Church Workshop, dozens of hidden items in similar places like in the top of Oedon Chapel or the beams in Old Yharnam, the secret path in the Nightmare of Mensis that leads to a ton of loot and mother brain and activates the elevator that leads to another secret area where you kill mother brain, breaking the window in the Healing Church to get to an entire secret boss and several path in the DLC including Laurence whose skull is fairly hidden on that elevator.

Then there's every Chalice Dungeon which are hidden themselves and have illusory walls if you so desperately need to break walls to find secrets. Dude you could not be more full of shit that there are no secrets.
>>
>>332721805
Have you been up the ladder in the sewers and opened the gate to the area after the bonfire? Theres a little girl in a window just before that gate who gives you it if you talk to her twice.
>>
>>332721801
pistol
blunderbuss range and projectile time-of-flight is shit
>>
>>332721805
>What's that and where would I find it?
There's an NPC in Yharnam, a little girl at a window. You'll hear her crying when you get close. I forget exactly how to get to her since that place is a cluster fuck of architecture but I know it's right next to a one way gate you open on the side she's on.

She'll give it to you. It'll help with his beast form.
>>
>>332722156
Keep projecting faggot.

This game is fuck easy even with restrictions, sorry you're shit at everything.
>>
>>332722410
>I'M REALLY GOOD AT VIDEO GAMES, GUYS. REALLY. DOES EVERYONE SEE THAT I THOUGHT THIS GAME WAS EASY?
Everyone is very proud of you.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 400x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 400x599
I thought I was good at bloodborne.

Then I got to the unseen village.
>>
File: 1452939804311.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452939804311.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1080
>>332721801
Pistol has less recovery time and can hit singular targets from longer distances. Agile and accurate, ideal for singular, swift opponents, like other Hunters.

The Blunderbuss has superior spread and stagger, countering any sidesteps and ensuring that even if you mistime your parries, your target will be knocked out of their attack animations. It also has hyperarmor during fire, meaning that your shot *will* come out, even while being attacked.

Ultimately the choice is personal. You could in theory carry both at once, but that won't leave you with a slot for a torch or shield, if those are your things. Also keep in mind that the animation for switching to a pistol is slightly faster than a blunderbuss, which makes the blunderbuss a little less ideal for reactionary tactics.
>>
>>332720496
>no illusory walls
only in chalice dungeons. stupid quake pandering anyways
>real nigga armor
you don't get to be a havel babby and use armor as a crutch. everything is balanced and as a result there is no poise/weight factor. the only true armor in the game is cainhurst set
>anime tier shit "i want generic weapons"
kys tbqh.
>invasions make no sense
invasions make more sense than ever
ring big bell to summon players in the area, ring little bell to be summoned, ring red bell to invade. no need to look for signs it's all done automatically based on level and proximity.
>>
>>332722568
>image
Man it would be pretty cool if feathers drifted off of you if you wore the Crowfeather set.
>>
>>332722242
>>332722360
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I've been stuck on that bastard for ages.
>>
>>332720634
>gets stuck at the beginning of the game

oh man the next dsp right here
>>
File: Try to keep your hands clean.jpg (198 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
Try to keep your hands clean.jpg
198 KB, 528x960
>>332722723
As flair for a dramatic moment it'd look cool, but as someone who uses the set heavily, I feel it'd quickly get tiring to be constantly molting, personally.
>>
>>332721801
It's easier to parry most bosses with the blunder but just be a fag and use the evelyn. Even things like the meme starved beast can be parried.
>>
File: image.jpg (302 KB, 960x895) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302 KB, 960x895
>>332722561
>he didn't find the secret path that makes you skip 80% of the level

Just jump down the elevator short cut mid-ways, then you'll be on a roof and see a door that is being protected by a werewolf. Kill the werewolf, go through the door, stand on the thing in the middle of the room, badda bing badda boom, you are now directly in front of the entrance to the One Reborn boss fight.
>>
>>332722831
Make some distance between yourself and gascoigne before you use the music box, it'll give you a few second window to pepper him with molotovs.
>>
>>332722831
A side tip for future reference, never dodge straight backwards. Many bosses are designed to punish retreat, and their attack chains will keep them on top of you. Most combos are also timed to punish panic dashes, and will catch you out of a dash for extra damage.

Stay calm, dodge either to the side or through swipes, and dodge based on the specific timings of the enemy.
>>
>>332720496
>muh realism
Post trash'd.
>>
File: beast_blood_pellet.jpg (26 KB, 408x409) Image search: [Google]
beast_blood_pellet.jpg
26 KB, 408x409
>Beast Blood Pellets are actually better if you have more Insight
THANKS FROM
>>
>>332720496
Funny that you say that, actually, considering that almost all of them (sans shit like the Beast Claws) could actually be built and would function.

The word you're looking for is "practically".
>>
>>332723528
>Beast Blood Pellets are actually better if you have more Insight
Quite the contrary. Beasthood is a stat that you can see on your status screen, and the higher the number means the bigger the bar, and the bigger the bar means the more damage you'll wind up doing after the build up.

Having more insight lowers the Beasthood number, which makes the cap for your damage much lower, hence the bar being shorter.
>>
>>332723457
Concerning realism, or rather consistency: Why is everything single hunter physically stronger than you and you can only outdo them by making four-thousand sidesteps and parries? What exactly makes them so strong?

I had the same problem with the Souls games - aren't I the one absorbing all these ancient powerful souls? Why does everyone deal more damage than me? I can understand bosses doing more damage, but some of the NPCs being that hard to subdue I never understood.
>>
>>332723906
>>332723906
>Quite the contrary. Beasthood is a stat that you can see on your status screen, and the higher the number means the bigger the bar, and the bigger the bar means the more damage you'll wind up doing after the build up.
Nope.
Damage increase is based off of Meter Percentage and higher insight just makes the meter smaller
>>
>>332720520

use the music box to get him into 2nd phase. When hes a werewolf, let him follow you to the stairs. Run up then run down and hide between the bottom of the stairs on the side and he will literally get stuck on the stairs above you. And you can beat him easily. YouTube the video. Its a joke. Call it cheese but fuck the po-nine
>>
>>332723964
It's the age old Fromsoftware tradition of having godlike, or sometimes flat out cheating AI. Personally it makes the fights a lot more memorable through the difficulty, but many people understandably hate it. It dates back to the Armored Core titles, and is particularly difficult in them.

>Damage increase is based off of Meter Percentage and higher insight just makes the meter smaller
You can test this for yourself. Use the beast claws at Gilbert's window in Central Yharnam to build meter at both 99 insight and at 0, then go and hit a random Yharnam mob. The numbers will be quite different, I assure you.
>>
>>332724362
The second part of that was meant for >>332724000
>>
Get your echoes, run back to your lamp and keep leveling till you can move on. Now move on
>>
>>332720496

No, but optional content is hidden much more cleverly than banging against walls like some retard

>Giant werewolves and monsters that can eviscerate human beings in mere seconds
>Better wear plate armor so I can hardly move :^)

Bloodborne combat relies on you not being a pussy hiding behind havels and a shield. Be more aggressive, get good at dodging, or fuck off.

If you're going to complain about 'hurr impractical weapons wouldn't work IRL durr' when it comes to souls games, this really isn't the right type of game for you

>Invasions make no sense
agreed, they're shit

It's really funny to see all the DS babbies that can't cope with the new mechanics in bloodborne and blame the game instead of their idiocy.
>>
>>332724000
>I'm prepared to make a definitive statement about something that I don't know shit about
classic /v/
>>
>>332723647
Most of them would break their complex mechanisms so fast. Agree though, souls weapons have always been like that too. Tons of impractical weapons.
>>
>>332721801
Honestly, i went with the blunderbuss because it looked cooler to stagger dudes with a shit ton of bullets coming out at the same time.
>>
>>332724000
Yea dude I'm gonna chime in with the other two and confirm you are in fact incorrect.
>>
>>332719516
Wow OP. BB was my first Souls too, but I beat Cleric Beast first try without access to leveling. Dunno how many days it took me to get out of Central Yharnam since I work full time and can't play much, but I know I died to Papa Gascan like a dozen times. After that, I didn't get stuck again until Rom. Got killed like ten times by the Old Yharnam guy though.
>>
>>332724362
>>332724696
>>332724912

I've heard nothing but contradicting information about Beasthood recently, and
I intinially assumed it was
When I claimed insight was useless in one thread and then someone linked me to something showing that Beasthood damage was based off of meter percentage, and that having more insight was actually better for beasthood, and I've just gone off of that for a while.
Now I hear that it's actually not meter based.

I wish FROM would just explain their mechanics sometimes
>>
>>332724956
Amelia didn't give you any trouble?
>>
>>332724998
Not your fault. There was a lot of misinformation going around for a long time and the mechanic is kind of weird and complicated.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 400x574) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 400x574
>>332724956
>tfw I fought Papa without fighting Cleric Beast first

I didn't watch a single trailer until BB's release, so I legitimately thought Father Gascoigne was the first boss until I found out about Cleric Beast on /v/.
>>
Orphan of Kos made me stop playing for a full week, even ran out of vials. Never struggled this much in any of the Souls games
>>
>>332724998
Don't worry, I don't blame you for the confusion. It's a weird mechanic in general, but the sort of allude to how it works in a description somewhere. I'll paraphrase it:

"The more one resists the beastly scourge, the more terrible a beast they become."

All it boils down, practically to making sure your Beasthood stat is at least 300. Past 300, the damage stops increasing, but any excess allows for more time at full damage.
>>
>>332723064
this games shortcuts make my dick so hard, god damn.
>>
>>332725142
Why would she give anyone trouble? Amelia is the easiest boss in the game.
>>
CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME
what the fuck does Beasthood do?
>>
>>332725142
Nope. Three tries, I think. First time I ran in blind and died with like a millimeter left on her health bar, second time ran in recklessly and got wrecked, third time learned how to use items and fire papered her. It's not trouble if it doesn't piss me off. I call Rom trouble because she pissed me off near immediately. Fuck the spiders and fuck the meteors. Tried four times before asking a couple friends to cheese her with me.
>>
>>332725616
Berserk mode.
Hit things
Build Meter
Do more damage
Take more damage
>>
>>332725652
Why do so many people have trouble with Rom?

>stab little spider
>roll back
>stab another little spider
>roll back

Rinse and repeat until

>stab big spider
>roll back
>>
>>332725719
>take more damage
it useless then
>>
>>332725420
That entirely depends on your equipment. For example, someone with a Kirkhammer would have more a time with the Vicar than someone with a Saw Spear or the like.

>>332725616
Pop a pellet, hit things to build meter, meter exponentially increases damage dealt and taken, the higher your beast hood the higher the cap.
>>
>>332725616
You eat a blood candy, hold L2 with your pizza cutter and kill bosses in 30sec
>>
>>332725315
I didn't watch any trailers either, I was just running around killing stuff, got on the big bridge, killed the wolves, killed the troll and crows, and nearly shat myself when the Cleric Beast appeared. Rolled around like a motherfucker and somehow didn't die. I thought beating it made the doll come to life, I had no idea what insight was.
>>
>>332725652
When rom teleports and he's about 3 fucking miles away and you get one shotted by the meteors.
>>
>>332725849
you are a fucking retard
>>
>>332725849
Hit da monster
Don't get hit

EZ kills.
>>
>>332725791
I always assume its because they try to be hyper aggressive, which will lead you to getting fucked by all the spiders.
>>
>>332725849
I beg to differ, the damage gained from a full, or shit, even quarter full meter is extremely noticeable. We're talking shredding bosses in seconds type noticeable.

Just don't get hit
>>
>>332725791
I swear, no matter how much I rolled and ran, those meteors were as good as heat-seeking missiles. I even pumped my strength up to where I could skip her second phase completely, stop her teleport, and bring her down to 20% health before she could do anything, and those fucking meteors got me every time. Probably because I put no points in Arcane?

Recently managed to solo Chalice Rom though. The pillars made all the difference.
>>
>>332725791
>Why do so many people have trouble with Rom?
some people dont have patience for that apparently. This one time I was fighting him in the chalice dungeon and tried to go straigh for Rom, end result the spiders started raining on me, i got rekt.
Fuck that meteor atack though, that shit was scary when i didnt know you could just run to avoid it.
>>
>>332726164
Here's a tip that helped me out:

Try angling your camera as far up as your can when you recognize that he's calling the meteors in. You'll be able to see them close in and can then time and aim your dodges on more than just guesswork.
>>
>>332725952
>he

But yes, exactly. Rom is suffering. The spiders weren't half as bad as the meteors.
>>
>>332725791
I think it's less about difficulty and more about a lack of patience for tedium.

Rom is a bad fight, and I think most people just want to get it over with as quickly as possible. Then they get swarmed by spiders and get hit in the head with crystals because they were going too fast.
>>
>>332726320
I tried that once, but I got nailed by spiders while watching the sky. Only tried a few times before calling in the cavalry because seriously, fuck Rom.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>332726164
play unlocked and try to keep the camera on her while you kill the spiders, when you see her doing the pose in pic related you hold circle and run.
>>
Literally bought it and beat it in 3 days
Games short and pretty easy, I guess it was fun. Not as free as DS but it's okay don't see the hype
>>
>>332726360
Seriously didn't know rom was female, although I believe I'm correct in thinking killing her (and ebritas) was a bit of a dick move, no?
>>
>>332726530
>Rom is a bad fight
What?
>>
Am i the only one who thinks Bloodtinge is OP as fuck?
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 419x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 419x600
>>332719516
>stuck on father gasoline for weeks (would only attempt to beat him once every few days)
>Fuck this game man, I'll sell soon
>fluked it and got past him finally
>okay maybe I might keep it and see if I can get further, if not I will definitely sell it
>get stuck on Blood-Starved Beast
>finally beat him after many attempts
>finally got gud and I am now absolutely addicted and play 5+ every single day
It's my 2015 GOTY now, thank god I didn't sell it, BloodBorne is amazing.
trying to defeat Ludiwg the Accursed is a real bitch on NG+ though
>>
>>332726618
>>332726320

I'll try this if and when I do NG+. I keep meaning to beat the Chalice dungeons, but they're such a fucking drag. Also the DLC. I've died to Ludwig like two dozen times and now I'm on NG+ so I know I'm fucked.
>>
>>332725352
Finally beat him a few hours ago, easily one of the hardest bosses in SoulBorne history. Nothing beats the feeling when the adrenaline kicks in at 10% hp left, I really hope DS3 can deliver on that part.
>>
>>332719516
Well, Central Yharnam is the hardest part of the early game, expect the next few areas to be slightly easier until you get kidnapped by the bag boys
>>
>>332727010
Different anon here but Rom is a fucking cakewalk if you have bolt paper.
>>
>>332726845
Kinda, she was just defending herself and trying to maintain the illusion of the world being normal. If you think that's bad, then yeah, it was a dick move. I look at it like the town was already fucked five ways to Sunday, better to just unveil it and take care of things.

Ebrietas didn't need to die, either. She was just minding her business as an ambassador, kinda.
>>
>>332727190
I was using bolt paper, that's how I got her down to 20% in a single axe barrage and interrupted her teleport. Still didn't save me from the one-shot meteors.
>>
>>332727428
If you're getting one shotted anyway, combine that bolt papered axe with beast pellets. Always helps.
>>
>>332719516
When I started my first playthrough, I beat BSB first try along with alot of the bosses and found the game to be a comfortable difficulty and I used the whip
My second playthrough I chose the axe and I couldn't get past BSB and I struggled to get out of yharnam
I restarted with the whip and I beat a couple bosses without dying outside of the clinic
If you're having trouble you may have just built your character wrong
>>
>>332727546
Never once used a beast pellet. I'll try it next time.
>>
>>332721801
Is Ludwig's Rifle a good inbetween?
>>
>>332727428
you shouldn't get hit by the meteors ever
Rom does a big casting animation for it and all you have to do is run in a straight line until it's over
>>
>>332727645
Yes
>>
>>332727645
It's a blunderbuss with a higher tinge requirement, and a painful recovery time, but it does boast the highest range out of any of the spread firearms, so.

It also looks nice
>>
>>332727702
You can have your big penis and eat it too.
>>
>>332727273
I agree Rom needed to die for progression reasons it was just my understanding that she wasn't evil, and was trying in vain to help the people of Yarnham. Ebritas on the other hand was pretty fucked.
>>
So you know you're bad at video games, know your mistakes and how to fix it but decided to stay as idiots and doesn't want to improve while bitch about it in video games board?
>>
What's the pvp metashit currently? Last I checked it was bloodtinge and bone ash.
>>
>>332727672
That's what everyone says, but I swear to God I tried running straight, running diagonal, running sideways, rolling like a mother, watching the sky and rolling, watching the sky and running, fucking everything. Maybe the game shit the bed, I don't know. I did every single other boss solo.
>>
>>332727923
Wat
>>
>>332727645
The only thing i know itthat it is the best looking one and thats good enough for me.
>>
File: 1429742695271.jpg (441 KB, 1265x1920) Image search: [Google]
1429742695271.jpg
441 KB, 1265x1920
>>332727972
Bloodletter/Whirligig dash R1s and Rakuyo L2s.

Both of which are countered by being good.
>>
>>332727829
Yeah, doesnt really help to throw a blanket over a rotting corpse in the center of your living room, though. Poor Rom.
>>
>>332726164
You just have to run towards her whenever she casts her meteors, run/roll away, rinse and repeat
>>
>>332728110
I like the Rakuyo a lot, is it good for pvp outside of the spin? I like to use the poke a lot.
>>
>>332727992
>>332727992
No, you should never get hit if you run around the entire time. The only time you shouldn't be running in the entire fight is when you stop to swing once or twice or when you're far enough away and he isn't casting anything. Do not dodge any of Rom's attacks, just dodge the spiders. The meteors are specifically catch you when you try to dodge them
>>
>>332728110
I once fought against a Bloodletter shitter who straight up killed himself without me even touching him.
I still dont have the DLCso i dont know what the fuck was upwith that,is it like the chikage's blood attack?
>>
File: 1431558506785.jpg (187 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
1431558506785.jpg
187 KB, 468x468
>>332728246
Yeah, it's really good overall on a skill build. It's like an alternative BoM. However, your average scrub will repeatedly use just the L2s, because they have very strong hyperarmor. It's not too big a deal if you play smart, but it's tiring to see nonetheless.
>>
>>332728391
It self frenzies the user if they do a certain attack
>>
>>332728216
I would say kill the little spiders first.
>>
>>332728391
Bloodletter has an attack that builds Frenzy.
>>
>>332728412
Couldn't you just party the shot out of them?
>>
File: HoH.jpg (52 KB, 398x960) Image search: [Google]
HoH.jpg
52 KB, 398x960
>>332728391
Transforming the weapon involves impaling yourself, which takes a certain percentage of your health. Also what >>332728460 said.
>>
File: 1459439145503.jpg (770 KB, 1256x1169) Image search: [Google]
1459439145503.jpg
770 KB, 1256x1169
How do you get a gyaru gf?
>>
>>332728525
I recall hearing that shields stop the spin dead in its tracks, dunno if that's right though.
>>
>>332720496

Blatantly false.

HMMM MAYBE BECAUSE THIS ISN'T SET IN A FUCKING MEDIEVAL TIME PERIOD

You mean you hate the best idea the game has?

>Invasions make no sense
Yes they do. You're invading someone else's dream.
>>
>>332728390
I'll try in NG+, or with a new character. Like I said earlier, I did manage to solo her in the chalice dungeons, so maybe I'll be better at it next time around.
>>
>>332728540
Be a shota
>>
>>332728479
I would say Only kill them for stage 1 when Rom does nothing. After that circle around till the spiders are distributed unevenly and dash and slash through the weakest area.
>>
>>332728460
>>332728504
>>332728527

Yeah, he jammed the damn thing into the ground like two times and fucking died right after. I thought it was really funny.
>>
>>332728525
Yes, very easily. However the reliability is a factor, as latency varies on a case by case basis, and if I recall the windows are strange on the L2s. Something about the shot only counting if it specifically hits them during one of the little swings.

>>332728581
Yep, the shields stop most attacks from the Reiter, the Rakuyo, and the BoM. The wooden shield is also killer for countering bloodtinge damage, just watch out for blunderbusses.
>>
Are the DLC worth getting for 30 bucks (Canadian). Don't think the game was that fun, what do you do with all the OP loot? I don't PvP or anything
>>
>>332723064
>missing out on them chunks
>>
>>332728584
>Yes they do. You're invading someone else's dream.

wow, from LITERALLY has to rely on "it was all a dream" cliches to make invasions make sense

that's hilarious

what a hack company
>>
File: eva blood.gif (485 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
eva blood.gif
485 KB, 500x378
>>332720096
The only difficult part about Central Yharnam was if you were fresh off the Souls train and weren't used to the difference just yet.

That's a good reason why I liked Bloodborne. Hopping off of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1, Going into Dark Souls 2 felt like wading into a watered down version of what i already knew. I knew what i was doing from the get go.

I had to learn the nuances of Bloodborne before tearing into it. Just like it's supposed to be.

Pic Related.
>>
>>332728923
If you didn't think the game was that fun why would you even want the DLC?
Anyway, it's way harder than the main game and you can use the loot during the DLC since you get most of the weapons before the first boss.
>>
File: GOATcutter.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
GOATcutter.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>332725849
Breh
>>
>>332728971
Are we really complaining about how unrealistic dreams are in a game where people have snakes for heads?
>>
>>332728971
Dream is just the term bloodborne uses for 'another dimension' my b80 m80
>>
>>332729213
Poor thing.
>>
File: 1398048873903.png (472 KB, 706x543) Image search: [Google]
1398048873903.png
472 KB, 706x543
>finished BB for the first time a week ago
>hype for DS3 is dead just want another Bloodborne game

why's it so good
>>
File: 1456353840772.png (188 KB, 318x558) Image search: [Google]
1456353840772.png
188 KB, 318x558
>>332729213
>pumping stamina
>>
>>332729452
At least in DaS3 there's BB facemask hat combos
>>
>>332723064
You do realise to do that shortcut you have to reach the bottom of the elevator....?

Which means you have to go through the section with the endless respawning enemies, the Amyacdala's firing lasers and the gank squad at least once?
>>
File: 1454542486854.jpg (48 KB, 319x553) Image search: [Google]
1454542486854.jpg
48 KB, 319x553
>>332728971
>What the fuck is HP Lovecraft?
>>
>>332726914
Not the same guy, but Rom is a pretty bad fight.

Rom itself is incredibly easy to fight but adding small mobs just makes the fight tedious since the mobs themselves don't do anything interesting or add anything to the fight.

It would be like if during Gehrman's fight random skeletons popped out of the graves and attacked you and during that time Gehrman just backed away and watched until you were done kiting out skeletons that do nothing but swing a sword, it just isn't interesting.
>>
Does this game have FPS issues or is it just me? It's kinda giving me a headache to play this BB but it's really fun and challenging

Central Yharnam is the parts of the game where you fight Blood Starved Beast and Father G, right?
I'm new to BB. I finally killed that Father guy after 7 attempts.
>>
>finished chalices for my bl29
>finally beat 4kings on my dark souls 1 sl1 character

The hype for DaS3 is real. Is it true that coop is tied to weapon levels though?
>>
>>332730095
BB doesn't exactly run at 30 fps everywhere, you'll see dips under 20 from time to time but !FOR THE MOST PART! The game will not go under 25 during boss fights which is where it really matters most.
>>
>>332730095
Papa G is technically right at the base of the Cathedral Ward, and BSB is at the bottom of Old Yharnam, I think? Central Yharnam is that whole first area with the town squares, sewers, and bridge.
>>
>>332721801
The blunderbuss will oftentimes hit when the pistol would miss
>>
>>332722008
Lol i know right!! I didnt even use weapon haha lmao im so good
>>
>>332730451
Lol please shitter I beat the game literally using my ass cheeks
>>
>>332730289
Idk what it is about bloodborne. I feel like the game drops in fps a lot just wandering around. kinda hurts my eyes. And I even played Dark Souls 1 on the 360 with no issues.

Maybe my PS4 is shit?
>>
What exactly i Vicar Amelia? Some half human hybrid?
>>
>>332730675
Play the game. Figure out the lore.

Oedon is not a friendly guy
>>
>>332730675
Clerics become the worst beasts.
>>
>>332725952
Clever tip friendo:

Her head almost mimics the movement of the crystals. If her head is down again, start to dodge
>>
>>332726320
See >>332730832
>>
>>332726921
Dunno. Never finished my blt run because shooting is boring and the blt weapons don't appeal to me.
>>
>>332730669
DS1 doesn't really have terrible frame rate issues outside of Hydra attacks, seath's attacks and the middle of Blight Town, BB drops quite a bit all over the place. It shouldn't be bad enough to make you feel ill but it is noticeable of you're used to playing games in 60 fps.
>>
File: 1442335900584.png (629 KB, 757x988) Image search: [Google]
1442335900584.png
629 KB, 757x988
>>332730675
shes a cute
>>
>>332730663
Come at me casual i beat the game by hanging the controller from the ceiling and throwing my dog at it
>>
>>332731534
Ah, I see I am dealing with a true beast hunter. My mistake.
>>
>>332731534
thats like......... the hardest core ever dooood
>>
>>332720659
>I think it's the worst in FROM's wheelhouse
You clearly haven't played many games by FROM.
>>
>>332727190
Or you can use that bolt mace whatever its name is. 300+ each hit.
>>
>>332732857
Tonitrus. And the great ones are all susceptible to it.
>>
How has your day been, OP?
>>
File: 1459111038312.jpg (241 KB, 1106x600) Image search: [Google]
1459111038312.jpg
241 KB, 1106x600
>>332732923
>>332732857
>>
FPS SUCKS
>>
>>332733135
I agree third person is better
>>
I just noticed there's a bunch of messengers on the lever after the gate you use the Seal to open in Cathedral Ward.

wot?
>>
File: 1450632510231.jpg (120 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450632510231.jpg
120 KB, 640x480
>>332733628
>buying the seal
>not taking the free shorcut
>>
>>332733875
But fuck Old Yharnam, Djura is a furry
>>
>>332719516
Why are you a faggot?
>>
>>332733916
Djura is a massive cunt but his leather pants are pretty sexy. Besides, unlocking the door in the cathedral gets you access to cool stuff.
>>
>>332719516
HAVE YOU CONSIDERED GITTING GUD?

AAHAHHAHAHA KEK
>>
File: 1459112544063.png (2 MB, 812x3268) Image search: [Google]
1459112544063.png
2 MB, 812x3268
>>332734126
I don't need no placentas and I don't need the horse dick blade. Money solves all problems.
>>
>>332733254
No, the fps in bloodborne makes my head hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>332734246
>horse dick blade
But ludwig's sword is in the dlc. And you do need the old hunter bone if you want to be anime
>>
>>332724558
can you blame them?
they need to plant eyes on the back of their brains first to be healed from their beastly idiocy
>>
>>332729476
That bar isn't even that much. Looks like 20 without runes.

Low END is a meme anyways.
>>
>>332734570
You must have brain problems. I suggest taking up a new hobby.
>>
>>332737439
>I need stamina so I can spam muh LHB R2!!
fucking casuals baka
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.