[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finished MGS3 for the first time. Holy shit that ending. Fuc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Big-Boss-Salute-720x408.jpg (36 KB, 720x408) Image search: [Google]
Big-Boss-Salute-720x408.jpg
36 KB, 720x408
Finished MGS3 for the first time. Holy shit that ending. Fucking feel bad for Snake. If the truth of what happened isnt the reason why he became a bad guy, I don't know what is. Can't wait to play Peacewalker and continue Big Boss's story. (I'm playing them by release so I'm currently on MGS4). I seriously hope I will be satisfied with the ending of MGSV even though I heard MGSV sucked.

Also, cant get this out of my fucking head, its such a nicely written song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDY-PxP-2CU
>>
Why? The ending was dumb as shit, much like The Boss was.
>>
File: 1456294435248.jpg (410 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1456294435248.jpg
410 KB, 800x800
>>332712060
I envy you OP. I wish I could experience the ending for a "first time" again.
>>
>>332712060
>I seriously hope I will be satisfied with the ending of MGSV
You won't be. Lower your expectations or suffer a phantom pain..
>>
>>332712060
>Can't wait to play Peacewalker and continue Big Boss's story
lol

you'll be singing a different tune afterwards
>>
>>332712060
Anon..
>>
>>332712060
she was a real hero...
she was a true patriot

>tfw no game with the boss as mc
>>
>>332712060
Peacewalker is shit, don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise. It's story was horrid and MGS3 should have been were the Big Boss storyline ended. MGS3 gave you enough character motivation to see why he turned out the way he did.
>>
>>332712570
V was originally going to be about The Boss, or rather The Joy. That actually would have been better I think.
>>
File: 1431451564499.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431451564499.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>332712570
>tfw no game with the boss as mc
>he wants the boss to be even more butchered

Anon, some things are left untouched.

unlike the boss's titties
>>
Can someone explain to me why I'm supposed to care about, much less like, Big Boss? I've played all of the games and he's just lame all around. I don't care about his "tragedy", the people he surrounds himself with, or anything else about him. Dudes games have all been complete and utter worthless filler mucking up an otherwise cool series.
>>
>>332712984
Snake Eater is p. great anon. Naked Snake hesitating to shake the president's hand, refusing to shake the CIA director's hand, it's fucking fantastic.
>>
File: 1237770821-00.jpg (9 KB, 91x116) Image search: [Google]
1237770821-00.jpg
9 KB, 91x116
What happened to Fukushima, /v/?
>>
>>332713302
Yakuza killed him under orders from Kojima
>>
>>332713302
Presumably killed by the yakuza
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 300x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 300x184
I just finished playing through MGS3 HD Edition
Hot damn, this game is gorgeous
Looks better than a lot of 7th gen games despite originally being a PS2 game from 2004

I think it's more than just looking good
something about the textures and the assets gives it a "stylized" look despite originally being intended to look realistic which allowed it to age really well
The 60fps helps a lot too
>>
>>332713495
>The 60fps helps a lot too
The HD version bumped it up to 60fps? Welp, I need to go pick it up in that case. Original felt very slow and stiff compared to MGS2.
>>
>>332712395
>>332712530
>>332712532
>>332712734
OP here, are the games after 3 really that bad?

I'll probably end up enjoying Peace Walker, GotP, and PP cause I'm new to the series. Read that a lot of people hate MGS2 but I enjoyed it. Bought the Legacy Collection for $20 brand new on amazon and PP was just $12-ish after coupons and savings with Best Buy.

I'm glad I decided to get into this series. My favorite overall is the first MGS, but MGS3 is close with the ending alone and theme song.
>>
>>332712060
Nope, things go downhill from there and they rehash things. You're fucked OP MGSV will disappoint you. The gameplay is fun but Boss fights are shit so the gameplay isn't perfect.
>>
>>332713858
It drops to 30 during certain cutscenes
but i never experienced any drops during gameplay
>>
>>332712060
>nicely written
> a song about a woman making unsubtle fellatio puns

yeah nah.
>>
>>332712060
what the fuck are those +1 I see everywhere? are we on reddit
>>
>>332713952
It's downhill in a big way. PW / PP are complete grindfests replete with repeat maps and everything. Honestly Portable Ops is a much better game than either of them.
>>
>>332712164
how so?
>>
>>332713952
I don't know how you can still tolerate the first. feels so dated to me.

but 4 is actually really good. don't listen to the haters.
>>
>>332714384
Once you learn The Boss has severe brain damage literally nothing she did in 3 meant a thing anymore. I mean, not that it meant much in the first place. Her loyalty was pretty clearly insanity. Big Boss playing the role of complete dumbass novice wasn't exactly fresh considering we'd just had that with Raiden.
>>
>wahh my mother/girlfriend

Seriously Kojima has a weird take on relationships
>>
>>332713952
MGS 4 is still great, especially for the first playthrough. MGS V and peace walker.. I guess you could enjoy them but dont expect too much.
>>
>>332714078
I thought it was a song about Snake from The Boss's perspective

"Give me life, not for honor, but for you"
"Someday you go through the rain
And someday, you feed on a tree frog
This ordeal, the trial to survive
For the day we see new light"
>>
>>332714307
this anon is not wrong, but as someone who's finishing a platinum run of peace walker, the game had an interesting evolution:

didn't like it AT ALL at first. was playing it a really slow pace, basically dreaded picking up the controller but vowed to finish the game even if I forced myself. then by act 3 or 4, something clicked and I started finding the game strangely addicting, and I've been playing it non stop for the better part of the last month. Even still, at its best, peace walker is hugely repetitive with pretty meh-tier map design
>>
>>332715167
oh, and Heaven's Divide is hype af. The random ass songs in the MGS games are so damn good.
> Snake Eater
> Way To Fall
> The Best Is Yet to Come
> Calling to the Night
> Heaven's Divide
>>
>>332713952
Guns of the Patriots: As someone who had recently played MGS1-3 beforehand to prepare himself, I thought it was fantastic.

Peace Walker: Eh... I got it on PS3, but it still felt very much like a PSP game and I couldn't really get into it. In addition, the cutscenes weren't engaging and the new base/recruit/etc. system intimidated me. So I barely played it. From what I have heard, reading a plot synopsis will suffice.

Phantom Pain: Just started it. The visuals are amazing, if a little pretentious at times (credits after each mission? really?), and open-world stealth feels a lot better than you might expect. Also, in GZ I enjoyed "routing" missions to figure out the fastest S-Rank, and that returns here. And the base system returns, but I'm willing to really dive into it this time. Overall I'm expecting a solid experience, though probably not as moving as MGS4 for obvious reasons.
>>
File: 1422328707803.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1422328707803.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1200
>>332713952
MGS2 is fucking great. I was like most people when it came out, and dislike it because of playing as Raiden. Overtime I grew to love it for what is was trying to do thematically and storywise.

As for post MGS4 games, they aren't that great. The mostly center on Big Boss and his story always goes nowhere. Peacewalker's story is not up to the level of quality like the previous games in the series. Plus this is where the gameplay largely changed in the series, going from a story driven cinematic stealth game to heavily structured bite-sized missions that are often devoid of any story or memorable moments.
>>
>all this Peace Walker hate
just give it a go OP
but bear in mind that it was designed to be played in short bursts and with friends
>>
>>332714384
I played the HD collection in preparation for TPP last summer. MGS2 and 3 were incredible and I can't believe I waited that long to play them. Dived into PW excitedly and got one of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune of playing.

MGS4 is good, though. The gameplay is great, boss fights are fun, story is... hit and miss. They go way overboard with the cutscenes in act 2 and shove nanomachines down your throats, but the rest of the acts (cutscenes included) are fine.

Haven't even played TPP yet and quite frankly, after playing PW, I lost all motivation to do so.
>>
>>332717670
Anon, did you forget about MGS1?
>>
>>332717670
>Haven't even played TPP yet and quite frankly, after playing PW, I lost all motivation to do so.
And rightfully so.

TPP is PW 2.0

Except instead of a retarded story and shitty bosses, it has no story and no bosses.
>>
>>332714878
If she doesn't sacrifice herself the alternative is nuclear Armageddon.
>>
>>332714878
Brain damage? From what? I don't remember that.
>>
>>332718952
>If she doesn't sacrifice herself the alternative is nuclear Armageddon.
If she weren't mentally unstable she wouldn't have put herself in the position to be sacrificed in the first place.

>>332719079
From going into space basically unprotected. They went into this in Peace Walker how half her brain was basically fried and the other half took over.
>>
>>332716089
That's what most of us thought about MGSV at first too. A lot of 'holy shit, open world stealth actually works really well'. Then you get 20 hours in, get bored of constant wandering, realise all the missions are the same and the bases are all similar and thrown together with no regard for creating fun scenarios.

Then you unlock the multiplayer infiltration missions, have some fun with the tightly designed and cohesive areas full of hiding places and guards, and suddenly going back to the shitty open world to crawl through more grass around the edge of a base feels like a chore.
>>
>>332719302
Thanks for feeding. I don't remember much from PW
>>
>>332712060
>>
>>332713952
I personally liked MGS4 and I thought it actually ended a lot of different plotlines semi-OK and did answer a lot of questions (Even if a few of the answers are kind of dumb). I have a lot of little nitpicks here and there on both story and gameplay, but for the most part it is a 8/10.

Portable Ops isn't as bad as other people say, but it is unnecessary. Most of the plot is glossed over in future games. Check it out, especially with the sale going on. Its like a 6-7/10.

I do like Peace Walker, and there is a shitload of content to keep you occupied for quite awhile, but jesus is the plot dumb at times. It is pretty essential to understand Ground Zeroes and MGS5, but there are a lot of little things. Still though, considering it was a PSP game, it is up there as one of the better portable games I have played (PS3/360 version is better, though, due to better controls/resolution).

Ground Zeroes is fun but short, but don't play it until you do PW. The actual mission is about a hour or two your first time, but you can speedrun it pretty quickly (like 15-30 minutes) once you know what you need to do. I would recommend it.

MGS5 is...sad. I love the actual gameplay, but the story takes a nosedive after the first 10 hours with little cutscenes or interactivity. The bosses are also eh, and the side missions are not quite as good as PW. However, what IS there is awesome, and Chapter 1 did have a lot of high moments. It just sucks that Chapter 2 is rushed and the actual ending was scrapped because of Konami hyjinks.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.