[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Vegas thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1458091251014.png (1 MB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458091251014.png
1 MB, 800x1200
What are your opinions on Robert House?
>>
I liked NCR better.
>>
he's AN OLD WORLD GHOST, COURIER
>>
>>332710116
Just your usual business man, smart, greedy, I always kill him.
>>
>>332712407
And he pisses me off with his bossiness even though he hired me
>>
File: 1424795913240.jpg (878 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1424795913240.jpg
878 KB, 1920x1080
Smart and resourceful, but really only cares about his area, his ideas, his vision of society, and his dictatorship. He's a businessman, in which that kind of mentality applied to world-building has advantages and disadvantages. Especially in a world filled with people just trying to get by, which to him would most likely just be wastes of flesh or an opportunity to make some caps.

For just New Vegas he's an amazing leader. For everyone else though he's a dictator willing to sic robots with missile launchers on people to establish control over whatever he wants, without really helping those who cannot afford much in the world.

Still better than the Legion's incredibly short sighted leader an Independent's head canon outcome. I prefer NCR, despite their incredible stupidity and corrupted nature, but House is a clear second.
>>
my opinions aside whats the fucking point of even living? How is he not insane yet? No amount of robot sex will remove you from the reality that you're stuck in a bubble.
>>
>>332713068
>ncrcuck
>>
>>332713237
VR man
>>
>>332713237
Maybe even a tranquility lane type place
>>
>>332713068
Huh, so House is basically Trump. Never noticed that before.
>>
>>332710116
I think the fatal flaw of Robert House could have been his disconnection from the Wasteland. He sure as hell wasn't ignorant of what was going on, but he was too assured of how the world would be ready to fall back into civilization through his Pre-War styled society because of the fact that he effectively was a king before 2077.

In actuality, the Strip was in many areas was simply just cleaner than the rest of the Wasteland. The White Glove Society were cannibals, the Omertas indulged in violence and depraved sexuality, and the Chairmen were so hopped up on Great Khan drugs that it was surprising they had the mind left in them to plan a coup.

Maybe you can argue that House's ego wasn't so inflated that he couldn't see what was going on from his ivory tower. Sure, his plan for New Vegas independence was to use Securitrons in order to have 100% control over the military force of his city-state, but this all relied on the Courier. Depending on the player, abuse of House's fatal flaw could not only lead to his death, but the use of his army to ravage his legacy as well.

House could be a secure option for New Vegas stability, but it's down to the Courier to keep the Strip from sinking into the wastes because of House's old world blues.
>>
He couldn't have programmed a Securitron to do all the couriers duties?

Why didn't Victor just get the Platinum Chip back?
>>
>>332714785
>Chairmen were so hopped up on Great Khan drugs
Wait, they were? Huh I never noticed that.
>>
>>332715891
Probably just thinking of All Roads where Swank poisons people with Psycho.

In actuality, the Chairmen are probably the most civilized of the tribes that rule the Strip, with most being strongly against betrayal. It's just that Benny was a dick.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.