[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this game bad again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 40
Why was this game bad again?
>>
>>332703276
idk but it's $30 for the remastered version, should I wait longer or buy?
>>
>>332703276
Because it didn't live up to the original, so people say its the worst game ever.
>>332703519
Buy it
>>
>muh scholar of the first sin
Before that cashgrab was released we had to deal with a year of a mediocre game, then you had to pay for them to fix it.
>>
>>332703276

Because the world map was a cluster fuck and the statues blocking everything were complete bullshit.

Fuck the shaded ruins.
>>
its a meme, the game is superior to the original dark souls in almost every way exept atmosphere and some boss designs.
>>
It has the best pvp of any of the series because of the way stats worked.

Also, soul memory was a good thing no matter how much you faggots cried about it.

Having a lvl350 monster armed to the teeth with sheilds weapons and spells was a fun thing to work towards and added a ton of replayability.

Level meta tiers are shit. I was a god at pvp in dark souls 2

Remember squishy on psn destroying you? That was me
>>
>>332704000
you literally just go along the path with the bonfire and head up hill for the boss. You don't even need to use a branch on anything unless you want Ornifex
>>
>>332705108
>forcing players to waste 20+ levels in adp is good
nah
>>
>>332705672
>Forcing

You could've just adjusted to having less iframes. It's your choice.
>>
Inconsistent world design and bosses that felt recycled by either being generic guys in armor or just being inferior copies of bosses that came before (Quelaag>Najka).

It's still not a bad game, it just felt a bit uninspired and rough around the edges when compared to DS1. Mind that even DS1 wasn't perfect, considering the fact that it had Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith in it.
>>
It's just very forgetable. Besides a few bosses and levels there isn't anything that gives you the same sense of wonder and excitement that 1 did.
>>
>>332705672
>sucking at dodging

better stick to that havel's shield anon
>>
shit level design
melee nerfed to the point of being worthless
actually finding and upgrading good weapons is painful compared to the first game
all enemies are just big armored humans
magic was insanely buffed despite already being way too overpowered in the first game
animations were shitty
Covenants were still busted as fuck and didn't work half the time, despite this being the absolute easiest thing to improve from the first game

and my absolute least favorite: you have to teleport to Majula and kneel down to some dumb cunt every time you want to fucking level up rather than conveniently do it at a bonfire (WHYYYYYYY)
>>
>>332705209
or to get to Drangleic Castle... where ya know the end of the game is?
>>
File: 1452257643761.jpg (33 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1452257643761.jpg
33 KB, 680x680
Fuck you for posting this fuckign game. DaS2 is literally the worst game ever made. Everything about it is fucking garbage and fuck you for reminding us. Fucking piece of shit is literally painful to play. There is nothing good about it at all. It is LITERALLY the worst thing to happen to video games. Fuck you OP! FUCK YOU THIS FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT NEEDS TO BE FUCKING DESTROYED AND SHIT ON LIKE THE SHIT IT IS FUCKING GODDAMN WORTHLESS SHIT GAME HOLY SHIT!!!
>>
>>332705108
Soul Memory was garbage

in DaS I would be invaded at least once every half hour.

In DaS 2 I was invaded maybe 5 times in the whole playthrough. PvP was fucking killed. So was co-op.
>>
>>332703276
It's not.
Anyone that says it is, is a walking meme who should be laughed at.
>>
I liked it more then the first
>>
DaS1 starts out as a 10/10 game and becomes a 3/10 game after Anor Londo

DaS2 is simply a 4/10 game from start to finish

DaS1 is better
>>
>>332707779
Because you're not autistic.
>>
>>332703276
Because it's ever so slightly harder in a few minor ways and /v/ is filled with underaged memers that hate change and gitting gud. It's actually superior to the original in every way, which isn't even an enormous accomplishment because even though it was good the first was seriously lacking thanks to time and budget restraints.
>>
soul memory.
deadzones
bad level design.
uninteresting and repetitive boss design.
inconsistent boss difficulty.
pyromancy scaling with attributes can be considered either a really good gameplay choice or a really bad one.

at least it had powerstancing.
>>
>>332705092
are you for real
>>
>>332703276
It isn't.

It's just, in my opinion, not near as good as Demon's and Dark Souls. It's the Godfather III of the Souls series.
>>
>DaS1
>greenish/brown town# 1
>greenish/brown caves# 1
>greenish/brown forests# 1
>greenish/brown caves# 2
>based Anor Londo
>rest of the game is shit

DaS1 was fucking marvelous when it came out anon, i know it's still a great game but definitely not the peak of the series, it's aging horribly and it's not just the graphics, it's the general feel of the game.

DaS2 it's still the weakest entry but it got as many things right (like length, armor/weapon variety etc) as it got wrong.

Can't we all at least agree that all games are worth beating?
>>
cuz it wasn't dark souls 1 2, it was dark souls 2 2
>>
>>332707383
So why is a leveling waifu only bad in DS2, is it really okay when Miyazaki does it? Becuase that is never a complaint in DeS or BB, which have longer load times.
>>
>>332707779
So does everyone with a grain of sense.
>>
>>332708230
Beating? Sure. Buying? No, that would give them the impression they did something worthy of payment. What they did was bastardize a well beloved game for some quick buck, twice. In DaS, DS, and BB they created a world and the difficulty and story structure followed. DaS2 was made by people who didn't even understand what made the first 2 souls games great. They didn't make a world in DaS2, they created a theme park.
>>
>>332707990
Too bad that int+faith crap carries on to 3. But at least that means you can still splash in misc sorcery or miracles.
Too bad sorcery and miracles don't scale at the moment!
>>
>>332708392
DeS and BB are heavily focused around their hub areas, which you're pretty much always visiting.

DaS is not focused around a hub area. Being able to do shit at bonfires quickly and conveniently fucking mattered because the core design of the game.

DaS2 just shoehorned in Emerald Cunt because HURR DeS HAD ONE. I've heard faggots also give the excuse of HURR IT ALLOWS BONFIRE-LESS RUNS TO BE POSSIBLE NOW, as if people didn't already play through DaS without leveling up or using bonfires.
>>
>>332707383
but half of those statements are plain lies

>complaining about having to teleport to level up

and then we have faggots that complain about the ability to warp between bonfires because they want to walk instead of "conveniently do it at a bonfire" (even when warping it's optional)

autists, make up your minds please
>>
>>332708542
that's just your opinion anon, and it's Ok
>>
>>332703276
with the inevitable discount this game is going to get, I'm thinking about getting it, question is

I have a shit pc, I downloaded the game before (the one that works with an older version of DX and all that) so the thing is that, does this version (Scholar of the fist sin) need more horsepower to run properly or should I just buy the older one with the dlc? Or is it the included content and changes to this version worth it that renders the other one obsolete?
>>
>>332709598
SoTFS runs on toasters, how shit is your pc?
>>
>>332709679
well I was able to run the older version of the game that included the iron keep dlc and never had any problems

I'm just kinda concerned because this one uses a newer version of DX and thought it might drop in performance
>>
>>332705108

counterpickfest? no thanks nigger

at least in 1 you can fight against cb with other weapons + patience
>>
>>332703276
Because it's not Dark Souls 1. That's literally it.
>>
>>332708065
yes I am, gameplay was better, weapon and armor design was better, soundtrack and aniamtions were better, and it had a lot more content that the first dark souls, also the DLC trilogy was better than the artorias DLC.
>>
>>332710778
lol
>>
>>332710850
what?, Im not trying to shitpost or anything, its what I really believe, and I loved both games to death.
>>
>>332703276
It's not. It's just not as good as the others. People mostly speak in hyperbole, though, so something is either the best ever or complete shit, no middle ground.
>>
>>332710778
Some of the dlc bosses are the best in the entire series imo but I did not think sunken crown was good
>>
>>332703276
>expecting a souls game to be good
>>
>>332710778
lol
>>
>>332703276
It isn't, it's a /v/ meme, same about hating on trevor from GTA V, undertale, and people who take console wars seriously.
>>
>>332703276
>play the DLC
>more than half the bosses have 3 rooms of trash or a pointlessly long run back
>Sir Alonne has a load screen and two rooms filled with copy paste enemies
>soul memory

There are so many design problems with Dak Souls 2 it's actually an impressive feat.
>>
>>332703276
the world design was obvious linear bullshit (except the DLC areas which actually felt like a souls game and were a huge breath of fresh air) and like 75% of the bosses were just big guy with sword, and the rest were just big monster guy. The only original ones were the skelly lords and chariot boss both of which were in the same area which was probably made first and made by the A team since it's the one they used for the network test
>>
>>332705108
pvp is still pretty braindead, don't act like it's a fighting game
>>
File: 1410165558171.jpg (671 KB, 1944x1944) Image search: [Google]
1410165558171.jpg
671 KB, 1944x1944
For every step forward it took it took two steps back for the formula.

You can now fast roll on more builds, but iframes are so small unless you level up Adaptability which ruins your chances.

You can use bunches of soul items at a time, but all the souls you take add up your Soul Memory (I never play online, but I can see why this would be a problem)

All the colors look pretty washed out, probably because the lighting they were using would have hidden some of that, or at the very least made it look better.

There are more bosses and areas to explore, but none of them are all that great besides a choice few, and the enemy variety is pretty pitiful.

Your walking speed feels a bit more natural compared to Dark Souls 1, but your jumping is super fucked and tied to your equip load.

The hitboxes on a whole bunch of moves are super fucked (I can even take the shockwave argument sometimes, but some of them are straight up bullshit)

The covenant system, the one major flaw of the original Dark Souls, wasn't really fixed; they also kind of ruined PVP invasions.

It's still a good game, but it's more of an 8 while Dark Souls 1 is a 9.5. It was pretty disappointing how it all turned out.

It's okay if you liked it though.
>>
>>332711349
>more than half the bosses have 3 rooms of trash or a pointlessly long run back
I'm assuming you're talking about the optional challenge areas, well there you have it anon, they're areas designed to challenge you with a lot of enemies
>Sir Alonne has a load screen and two rooms filled with copy paste enemies
What do you suppose they put in there? Ogres? They're the ALONNE knights, knights that fought for ALONNE, sure, they could have made new models and enemies, but it makes sense, so it's acceptable for the most part.
>soul memory
I agree with this
>>
>>332705108
>muh havels with avalon and hexes

Nah everything about the game is just painfully mediocre to bad.
>>
>>332707861
where did this "dark souls 1 sucks after anor londo" meme start?
The only thing that's shitty is lost izalith and that's like a 2 minute area after centipede and then the shittiest boss in history which is really easy to cheese with a bow.
>>
File: sm.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sm.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Soul memory was a shit mechanic but I wish there was a way to see my total accumulated souls in DaS3.
>>
>>332711817
I'm guessing it's because now that you can warp everything is shit easy baby mode to get places, which is idiotic.
>>
>>332710778
>3 fucking tigers
>tall guys with swords
>blue version of the same boss
>add fights out the ass
>difficult levels=stick 7 guys in a small room

No
>>
Ive never played dark souls 1, but I do have sotfs, and I thought it was great. Definitely looking forward to picking up ds3.
>>
because matthewmatosis said its bad and /v/ is le youtube generation now ; ^ )
>>
>>332703276
Can we least agree that the power stance mechanic and upgrade system were way better than DaS1's dual wielding and upgrading? And this is coming from someone who can't stand DaS2
>>
>>332712068
God the iron passage was nightmarish, I ended up just kamikaze diving for the fog gate after 10 deaths
>>
Added so many enemy spawns you can't even get through a fucking zone without your weapon breaking.

"Improved" enemy positioning basically translates to "enemies randomly scattered everywhere with no rhyme or reason"
>>
>>332712182
Because he brings up a lot of valid points. He objectively analyzes the game.
>>
>>332705108
>lvl350
>not soul level three eighty seven
HAHAHAHAHAHA get on my level scrub you're too easy
>>
File: 1457413974392.jpg (240 KB, 532x1071) Image search: [Google]
1457413974392.jpg
240 KB, 532x1071
>>332712182
that's some advanced shitposting right there
>>
>>332712182
I don't even know who that is, but I still find DS2 to be clearly inferior to DS1.
>>
>>332711742
>suppose they put in there

I suppose they put a checkpoint near the boss instead of having to clear that boring garbage more than once. I want to actually attempt the boss not kill trash or try to to be gibed by 5 greatbows running in.
>>
File: james.png (294 KB, 333x342) Image search: [Google]
james.png
294 KB, 333x342
>enemies placed right next to a bonfire who are aggroed automatically if you spawn there
>>
>>332711742
The Alonne fight was great but it's hard to deny his zone was shit. Large open areas with knights. The end. That's lazy and uninteresting as fuck. It never felt like a coherent level, just an arbitrary hurdle before you got to fight him. A lot of areas in DaS2 suffer from this, what I call the dragon butts syndrome. They haven't figured out how to make a zone interesting to explore and challenging to navigate so they just plop down a ton of enemies to impede your progress.
>>
>>332712523
It literally takes 5 minutes to go through that area. Those Alonne shits are chumps, and the bowmen are only there to annoy you. Only hard part was the actual boss.
>>
>>332712523
>put a checkpoint near the boss
This defeats the purpose of every souls game, Dark Souls 1 did not do that, neither did Demon's
>>
>>332713145
It's an utter waste of time an bad game design which is why both BB and DS3 but bofnires close to harder bosses. There is no fun in clearing the same Katana faggots for the 5th time.
>>
>>332713402
But this is what you do on the way to EVERY boss if you die.
>>
>>332713402
git gud
>>
>>332713402
>It's an utter waste of time an bad game design
Milenial spotted, the souls games always had an oldschool feel to them, if you die, you go back, no instant checkpoints inbetween battle sections to you my casual friend, it makes the whole learning process meaningful, rather than just trhowing yourself at the boss until you get lucky, that's a step down of a design if anything, in BB and DaS 3.
>>
>that part of Iron Keep that was just a paper thin hallway with a turtle knight and a guillotine in it
Its like the developers didn't even understand the basics of these games.
>>
>>332714056
Did you actually have trouble with that? How is that even possible??? I've replayed this game so many times, and not once did I die to that one. Just use the guillotine, it's there for a reason.
>>
>>332714292
Its just retarded, the only two options (like most of the shitty game) are attack once and roll away or shoot arrows at him. You can bait him into getting hit by a fucking guillotine but it only takes half his health. It works wonderfully as a metaphor for the game itself.
>>
>>332714056
>Kill first Turtle Knight because they're easy as fuck anyway
>Lure out second one, lead to guillotine and watch as it's killled instantly

So hard. You should've used a better example, such as the room in the Old Iron King DLC with Club guy, 3 fucking sword assholes and 2 bowmen.
>>
File: confused negro.jpg (25 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
confused negro.jpg
25 KB, 575x323
>>332714534
>it only takes half his health
???
If I remember it correctly, it 1 hi ko's the thing.
>the only two options (like most of the shitty game) are attack once and roll away or shoot arrows at him
Oh you mean like every other souls game, sure.
>>
>>332714056
>Its like the developers didn't even understand the basics of these games.
They do, but you clearly don't. The point is to overcome the obstacles put before you. Why would you want the game to play nice?
>>
File: The staircase.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The staircase.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
>>332714610
It forces the player to play in what can only be described as the most boring way possible. Just like the massive elephant knights at the entrance to Drangleic Castle, or the 10 fucking knights in the hall to Vendrick, or pic related.

>>332714760
>>332714928
The other Souls games don't place you in a narrow hall and force you to fight an enemy with near infinite poise, that would be boring and force the player to pick away at them one swing at a time like every other encounter in DaS2.
>>
>>332714534
DaS2 dissenters proving one post at a time that their only complaints are due to their own lack of proficiency. Git fucking gud, millennial.
>>
>>332703276
It's not bad. However it's definitely the weakest in the series. Dumbasses here kept pushing that it was 100% wank and now we have the contrarian dumbasses showing up saying this was the best series.

TLDR Everyone here is a fucking moron.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 980x653) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 980x653
>>332714534
>metaphor for the game itself

How so?
>>
File: black-knight-set-large.jpg (109 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
black-knight-set-large.jpg
109 KB, 600x662
>>332715042
>The other Souls games don't place you in a narrow hall and force you to fight an enemy with near infinite poise
This guy with the UGS, your argument is invalid.
Just don't spam like a retard, pick the right time and attack, don't be an idiot.
>>
File: DARK SOULS III_20160328004208.jpg (542 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK SOULS III_20160328004208.jpg
542 KB, 1920x1080
>>332715054
Are you actually trying to imply cheesing the game with arrows or playing as passively as humanly possible is hard? Every other Souls game doesn't have these issues pic related.

>>332715408
Its not hard in the same sense as the other games, its hard if you decide to play aggressively because of retarded enemy placements.

>>332715562
Proving my point with that comparison, you never fight those Knights in a group.
>>
>>332715562
Black Knight had a very clear moveset, was slow but powerful, and was intimidating until you learned how to parry. After that he's simply a competent enemy.

Those big fuckers on the staircase have infinite stamina and attack you nonstop. They also have infinite poise and can't be staggered. There are also several of them on the way up. It is a completely different situation than the one presented in the original Dark Souls. I can't think of a single time you're actually forced to take two strong enemies head on like that that you couldn't have prepared for. In DS II, it happens all the time.
>>
>>332712068

Reminder that Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 had the same ratio of humanoids.

>3 fucking asylum demons
>3 mob versions of bosses
>difficulty levels = non existent
>>
File: 1459133582603.jpg (48 KB, 798x809) Image search: [Google]
1459133582603.jpg
48 KB, 798x809
>>332703276
>trailer was a scam
>game was literally aborted and remade in a few months
>nonsensical story that contradicts itself
>everything looks ugly as sin
>uninspired level design
>horrible art design
>generic stock music
>99% of the enemies in the game are knights
>soul memory
>constant patches and nerfs that ruined pve in favor of pvp
>no red eye orb
>bad hitboxes
>truck wheels and beer bottles hidden in the textures
>ugly, unremarkable characters
>only Souls game with black people in it
>most of the weapons are reskins
>armor is useless
>pose system sucks
>adaptability
>soul memory
>three DLCs
>enemies are constantly rehashed
>inconsistent design
>memes and pandering (Solaire shield, EpicNameBro shield)
>anachronistic armor and weapons
>irrelevant for the story
>worse than its predecessors and successors in every way
>worst fanbase on /v/ and /vg/
It's a terrible game.
>>
>>332708542

>Dark Souls listed there
>when it's nothing but generic Western architecture that barely flows together (meme gates a consistent world does not make) and then goes full retard after you ride a bird

Nah, get fucked. Bloodborne was good because it explored well made otherwordly areas and Demon's Souls didn't try and make you think FROM could design a cohesive connected world. Dark Souls is not only ugly, but the places you go (with the exception of Anor Londo) are so fucking underwhelming.
>>
>>332715864
Meanwhile Dark Souls 2 has
>a knight
>three swings in a row before cooling down (left, right, overhead)
>a big overhead swing with broken hitboxes and insane tracking
>a stab
>an AoE

Who am I describing in DaS2?
>>
>>332715824
>>332715838
The turtle is alone in the hall, if you're talking about the drakekeepers, they have been patched eons ago, they're completely alone, 1 on 1 fights, everything that's on your way to beat them is your ability to fight them.
>>
>>332712417

>brings up a lot of valid points

No he didn't.

>eh dis rubbul is blockin de way don't make ne sense not loike Daak Suls
>except for the fucking fact that half the areas in Dark Souls are linked together with incredibly flimsy rusted iron gates you should be able to break down with your sword
>>
>>332716164

There are literally not two bosses that only have that moveset.
>>
why are people forgetting the horrible enemy magnet targetting? It fucking made the game horribad
>>
>>332716180
Yeah he is alone, in a fucking straight line with no ability to strafe around him forcing you to pick away at him tirelessly instead of doing anything that might require a modicum of skill. The drakekeepers certainly weren't patched when I played in February, infinite poise giants with massive weapons placed in a small room together is horrible design on par with ROM hacks.
>>
>>332715975
i beat the fucker twice and i agree with everything here
>>
>>332716429

Because it was just the other extreme side of the Souls scale. Dark Souls enemies dropped their spaghetti and practically lubed, loosened and presented their assholes for backstabs when they did anything but move towards you.
>>
>>332705672
>he actually wasted a single point in ADP
i beat the game without ever speccing into ADP git gud.
>>332707383
>actually finding and upgrading good weapons is painful compared to the first game
>all enemies are just big armored humans
????

>want to upgrade to a lightning weapon in DaS
>have to get it to +5/+10 first
>want to get a lightning weapon in DaS2
>buy a boltstone and upgrade it
>>
File: 1.jpg (36 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
36 KB, 512x512
I don't know but I'm playing it for the first time. Were you glued to the floor like this in DaS and DeS as well? And with the density of a neutron star? Maybe it's because I've played too much Bloodborne, but the way the character controls feels fucking awful.
>>
its not
>>
>>332716647
Then you either used a shield or got hit when you shouldn't have because someone had the genius decision to tie i-frames to a stat.
>>
File: ss (2016-03-31 at 11.23.55).jpg (24 KB, 661x176) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-03-31 at 11.23.55).jpg
24 KB, 661x176
but its not
>>
>>332703276
I've been wondering that for awhile too and I've come to the conclusion that it's because of too things:
1. did not live up to high expectations
2. soul memory
>>
>>332703276

Ripostes went from awesome to stupid.

> parry attack successfully
> wait for opponent to slowly fall on his/her butt over the next 20 seconds
> if you attack before he's completely sprawled out on the ground, the riposte is cancelled, and your opponent is free to attack you immediately before your blow lands

Seriously, the only reason they do it that way is to forcibly interrupt the flow of combat. Dark Souls was much better about that, you have to riposte immediately after the parry, so either you're fully committed to the riposte (and get messed up if you fail to parry) or you just use parries to avoid chip damage and stamina loss.
>>
>>332716468
God damn stop whinnyng, all you gotta do is bait him out or cheese him, it's not hard.
It doesn't really matter if you can poise stagger the giants, they're not hard to begin with, just like everything in the game, pick when to attack carefuly, rather than just going churayzee with the r1s, just think before you act dumbass.
>>
File: 1459441907964.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1459441907964.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>332707645
Here is a free (You)
>>
>>332716250
Nice shitpost.
>>
File: 1457847112775.jpg (225 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1457847112775.jpg
225 KB, 800x533
>>332717231
>all you gotta do is bait him out or cheese him
>DaS2fags are so delusional they actually think this is a good defense
>>
imo

DS1 best story, best linking enviroments

DS2 bettered the gameplay and combat but the levels became more linear DLC areas returned a lot of interconnectivity.

DS2:SOTFS made 2 more linear by blocking off alternate routes with petrified fuckwits, gave more detailed lore to areas, embedded DLC better in the main game and spread items better around the game world.
>>
>>332717365

You can't prove it wrong, though.
>>
>>332707861
>Berserk becomes 3/10 after Golden Age
>>
>>332717386
Whatever you say tough guy, but it's you who can't kill a simple turtle.
>>
>>332717750
You DaS2fags ALWAYS go straight for the
>lol git gud ur just bad am i right redditbros?
Its not challenging to play the game like a pussy bitch because the game designers thought the games were only about muh difficulty.
>>
when you look at the enemies and their animations in a constructive way you see that they are just shit and completely outshined by even demons and dark souls 1, the good battles are few and far between
>>
File: 1.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>>332717068
The parry system in DaSII is fucking broken, and not in the good way.

It ain't even waiting for them to fall down. It's the chip damage. Parrying in anything but a 1v1 situation is useless because you're just giving the enemy an almost 20 second window to make that boipucci bleed.
>>
I enjoyed DaS2, it is a cool game
>>
File: 2675.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2675.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>332717996
>the game designers thought the games were only about muh difficulty
No the game designers were about how you shouldn't be a fucking dumbass and trade hits withg a steel plated knight with a huge fucking mace.
>>
>>332718325
By rolling back after attacking once because that's literally your only option in that situation other then shooting arrows.
>>
>>332716079
Literally the best out of all 4. Hands down.
>>
>>332708230
>it's aging horribly and it's not just the graphics, it's the general feel of the game.
lol
>>
>>332718456

Bloodborne is better in every conceivable way.
>>
>>332718325
Right, so instead you should spend fucking minutes picking away at them with arrows or a while playing keep away with only one attack here or there in the most tedious manner.

The problem isn't that it's hard, it's that it's tedious to fight these faggots.
>>
anyone got the dark souls 1 image where you get a build depending on the numbers on your post?
>>
>>332718415

Absolutely. Maybe you should play "Clicker Heroes" instead.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>332718415
>Strawmanning
You're arguing against one of the slowest enemies in the game here buddy, it went from funny to pathetic really quick, I'm still laughing though.
>>
>>332718802
Probably a more well designed game than DaS2 in all honesty.
>>
>>332718918
Show me a webm of you attacking it in that hall twice with anything other than the fucking dagger.
>>
File: Interracial NTR cuck.jpg (79 KB, 496x515) Image search: [Google]
Interracial NTR cuck.jpg
79 KB, 496x515
Souls memory and and cracked orbs. All of the other games flaws could have been over looked had they simply not gimped online play
>>
>>332707990
>Pyromancy scales with faith and int
>Hex scales with faith and int
>You don't have to make choices, you can have literally ALL the most OP shit in the game with just one build

Real talk? Pyromancy should scale with Dex
>>
>>332703276
shits dope senpai. fuck everybody else. Will take a minute to adjust to the insulting graphics dg, but it plays very well, some excellent fight mechanics were added. Ive got more hours in this than DS1 officially.
>>
>>332703276
No souls game is bad. They are all in my opinion worth every cent.

But SM totally ruined coop for me which really put it behind DS1.
>>
>>332715975
I agree with everything but
>horrible art design
Thats subjective
>only Souls game with black people in it
You could make a black character so thats not entirely true
Also
>Long as fuck recovery time
>A lot more buggy
>NPCs don't have their own stories
>That terrible ripoff of Lautrec invasion
>Stone statues everywhere, making the game even more linear (SotFS)
>NPC phantoms cheating the game
>Forlorn has invaded
>Multiple bonfires behind illusory walls (The bonfires in the forest and the catacombs are both visible from the other side in DaS)
>Forlorn has invaded
>Shitty bosses
>Extreme amount of grinding to get 100%
>>
>>332719301
dark scales differently
>>
>>332719045
I'm a little busy right now, I will give you this instead, jump to 34:40.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMMcBV3MrgY
>>
File: 1386385566113.jpg (47 KB, 352x599) Image search: [Google]
1386385566113.jpg
47 KB, 352x599
>unironically defending DaS2

Shigs aside, it's been discussed ad nauseum and the conclusion is that DaS2 is a good game, but it's shit compared to the rest of the series.
>>
>>332719558
If he didn't fucking kill him with his massively over leveled build and weapon it would have traded.
>>
File: waymoo.png (222 KB, 530x500) Image search: [Google]
waymoo.png
222 KB, 530x500
>>332719605
This desu, great game, not on par with the other ones on the level design, characters and bosses aspect of the games, still an 8/10 in my opinion though.
>>
File: Majula.jpg (144 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Majula.jpg
144 KB, 1920x1080
>>332703276
I actually preferred it way more to dark souls 1, idk something just clicked for me in a way it didn't in the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ShsHeYkeI
>>
File: hehehahaHAHAHA.gif (1 MB, 346x261) Image search: [Google]
hehehahaHAHAHA.gif
1 MB, 346x261
>>332719757
Jesus christ you can't stop making excuses mate. You're shite at the game, just take it in stride and get better, it's what these games are designed upon.
>>
File: 2016-02-13_00001.jpg (3 MB, 5120x2880) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-13_00001.jpg
3 MB, 5120x2880
>>332717996
i didn't use a shield for 99% of the game but i did run a magic build BUT i only used a sorcerers staff up until drangleic castle. most bosses in DaS2 have limited area to fight in. even with a magic build you still have to dodge when getting hit, mistiming your spells and heals meant getting punished hard, and punishing attacks (limited time for decision making) attacks were common with almost every boss.
if you needed ADP for extra iframes you genuinely suck. you could adapt your dodge timings according to what little iframes you have. if you couldn't you are unskilled.
>>
>>332703276
It's popular
>>
>>332718925

For you, button-masher.
>>
>>332719757
He wasn't cheating. His build is completely legit, and never even requires you to stop and farm souls, or burn aestetics to fight bosses again.

Git fucking gud mate.
>>
File: 1448330686020.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448330686020.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>332719995
I've 100%'d each game in the series. I get it, you legitimately can't bring yourself to come up with a good defense for such a obvious piece of trash.

>>332720027
The game is so insanely floaty and slow you can pretty much just run away while spamming projectiles and kill literally every boss in the entire game with ease, especially the final two bosses (or three technically).

>>332720264
Never said he was cheating mouthbreather, if he didn't kill him it would have traded exactly like I said.
>>
File: 1455095837842.jpg (64 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1455095837842.jpg
64 KB, 498x497
>>332720027
You fucking faggot.
Leveling up attunement gives you iframes too.
Holy shit you can't be this retarded
>>
people are just butthurt that miyazaki didn't direct it
>>
File: durp.png (82 KB, 380x264) Image search: [Google]
durp.png
82 KB, 380x264
>>332720465
>Someone gets this mad because they're shit at a game they hate
You are one interesting specimen, even though you're the one who can't make any fair points, you still spill bullshit around, you wanted an example, there's one, you can do it with straight swords axes and maces too, if you aren't shit of course.
>>
>>332703276
SLOW
>>
>>332720442
>that fucking flawless hitbox
Holy shit did From learn how to make hitboxes
>>
>>332719605

But Dark Souls 2 has all the same problems as every other game and in fact has far less than Dark Souls. If anything the discussion should be about how much worse Dark Souls/2 is than Bloodborne and soon Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>332721115

They've had shit like that in every game.
>>
>>332720905
You never proved my point wrong though, landing a killing blow doesn't count as if it wasn't he would have gotten hit. Furthermore my point isn't just that shitty hallway but how pretty much every area in the game sucks (like the previously mentioned Velstadt hall of copy pasted knights).
>>
>>332721226
Stop trying to spark an argument over everything and get a life.
>>
>>332721115
no, the charge strike has iframes
>>
>>332720442
DS3 looks so fucking cool.
>>
>>332721349

>spark an argument

It's literally 100% true though, every single game has had hitboxes like that, they've also all had abysmal hitboxes on other things.
>>
>>332721384
Thats disappointing.
>>
File: 1436700446841.png (181 KB, 334x483) Image search: [Google]
1436700446841.png
181 KB, 334x483
>>332721465
You know what else looks cool?
>>
>>332721487
See >>332721349
>>
File: 1457983363233.gif (667 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
1457983363233.gif
667 KB, 480x272
I wouldn't necessarily say it's bad, but it's not a good move either.
>earthen peak
>boss is in pool a of poison water
>get roflfucked the first attempt
>think I can push through it with buffs and curatives
>don't do much better
>try a few more times with little progress, if any at all
>think I'm out of my element and wander off to other zones to see if something else opened up
>nothing really turns up
>already killed the lost sinner
>no idea what the fuck to do
>finally look it up
you burn some random fucking thing that looks like metal
>find out I can take Jester in with me
>kill her in all of 20 seconds
Fucking trash boss with some stupid gimmick you have to follow to beat her. There were absolutely no references to this type of mechanic up to this point. How did they think this was an acceptable thing to do without providing any insight to it other than a NPC vaguely alluding to it?
>inb4 git gud
This was shitty and you know it. Bad level design vs combat mechanics are leagues apart.
>>
>>332721304
Are you fucking serious mate?

>You can't go past that enemy without trading
>Dude in a normal new gam build gets past without trading
>WELL HE KILLED THE ENEMY SO IT DOESN'T COUNT

Are you fucking retarded mate?
>>
>>332719605
Except thats an incorrect conclusion because its no more flawed than DaS/DeS and only noticeably worse than DaS 3 and Bloodborne.

DaS jumps the shark the instant anor londo ends and demons souls has maybe three good bosses.People who think DaS/DeS are better than DaS 2 are blinded by some strong nostalgia or confirmation bias.
>>
File: BIG DRAGON BUTTS.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BIG DRAGON BUTTS.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>332721465
Yeah it does.
>>
>>332721584

Go to Reddit if you don't want people to call you out on objectively wrong information.
>>
>>332720442
Man DS3 actually looks halfway decent.
>>
File: 1459120983906.gif (216 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459120983906.gif
216 KB, 400x400
>>332720442
Anon, stop.
>>
>>332721735
See >>332721349

Just stop it shitposter, literally no one cares what factually incorrect baseless bullshit you are convinced about.

No more replies for you
>>
>>332721869

>capitulating the argument like a little bitch because you got called out on something as banal as hitboxes

Should probably just kill yourself.
>>
>>332721618
Are you fucking retarded? He killed him before he could attack but if his attack didn't kill him he would have traded. I mean this goes for literally every enemy in the game, you still can't attack him twice without a killing blow or trading.
>>
>>332721115
Since ds1, every game since has had poor hitboxes.
>>
File: 1375532553477.jpg (49 KB, 495x480) Image search: [Google]
1375532553477.jpg
49 KB, 495x480
>>332721304
>>
>>332703276

Its bad cuz people mad
>>
>>332721304
>like the previously mentioned Velstadt hall of copy pasted knights
Maybe you're ignoring the other enemy types that can be summoned, but you can make the same points about: Taurus demon, Manus, the bed of chaos and many others, they all have 2 to 3 enemy types at most, it's normal for this to happen.
But I do find it impressive how you can't do 2 hitters, I would make a gif or webm, but I'm kind of tied up right now.
>>
It wasn't bad. It was great but most Souls players are shiteating morons who play the series for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>332721969
Anon I think we didn't play the same game, because every second hit from my Bastard Sword managed to stun most enemies, except for the big ones.
>>
>>332703276

Soul memory and poor balancing choices.
>>
>>332719605
That's wrong. Every Souls game has been much better than the last, and following that trend DaS3 looks to be the best.
>>
>>332711817
>where did this "dark souls 1 sucks after anor londo" meme start?

because it becomes blatantly obvious how they ran out of time and started literally copy and pasting shit all over the place.

You go from the crazy ass maze that is the fun house to straight corridor simulator with copy and pasted monsters all over the place. no more witty shortcuts or loop arounds. no more suprise monster placement or lore centric npcs, just walk straight, fight 100 silver knights and 20 dragon butts.
>>
>>332721624
it wasnt good where it mattered like enemy design and animations, it was just good enough to get people to migrate from dark souls 1, mostly thanks to the wide gear variety

im glad this game can now be forgotten
>>
>>332722056
Those enemies placed in groups in Dark Souls 1 are never knights with great shields and spears/swords because that would be retarded.
>>
>>332722146
I would say that every souls game has been a sidegrade that fucks up as much as it fixes and that DaS 3 is the first real direct improvement of the series (Bloodborne if you count that).

From is really lazy and incompetent overall and its only recently they've showed marked improvement.
>>
>>332715864
>3 asylum demons

all 3 can be fought differently and have different mechanics. They are also so far spread out that you dont even realize that they are being repeated.
>>
>>332705108
>Also, soul memory was a good thing no matter how much you faggots cried about it.

stopped reading
>>
>>332711817
Because Izalith is copy-paste tedium: the level, The catacombs are like 3 rooms with a dark gimmick and the dukes archives are a copy-pasted library and one small invisible bridge area. The level design(dukes is ok) is pretty god damn poor, the enemies are all copy pasted shit and it has some of the most boring/worst bosses in the series. Compare the game before it and then focus on what happens after its unreal.
>>
>>332722330

They're 100% the same reused skeletal rig, all tap into the same pool of moves and were differentiated to the same "extreme" that Blue Smelter Demon was.
>>
>>332722330
>They are also so far spread out that you dont even realize that they are being repeated.

Maybe if you're fucking retarded but its blatantly obvious to anyone who has a brain. They put the third one next to the eight taurus demons and three capra demons they recyled too. Its literally the boss of the hallway of reused enemies. And they all involved ankle hugging it to death, the only difference is when the other two fly up you back away and then continue to ankle hug them to death.

Fromdrones my lord.
>>
>>332721684
Looks Berserk as fuck
>>
>>332722007
>the DeS shitposter
Aha, funny.
>>
god damn you shills are lazy

you'd think if you were getting paid you'd at least make topics with more than 6 words in them
>>
File: miyazaki.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
>>332703276
was good. but after they tried to charge me for a dx11 update that should have been free, no thanks. Never giving those gooks money again. Will torrent and uninstall after two weeks of play and once I beat it.
>>
>>332722180

You know what I got sick of?

Undead warriors that can't climb over an ankle-high pile of rubble. Unless there's no other way around, then they can literally walk up a meter high wall to get to the top of an arch over a lava river without breaking stride.

If I ever make a Souls fangame, I'm going to make sure it doesn't have any of that BS in it. Maybe have a "mushroom samba" level where you get messages like "Beaded curtain does not open from this side" just to make fun of it.
>>
/v/ only likes dark souls cause it lets them feel like they're good at video games.
Fact is DS1: facetank everything with heavy armor.
DS2: spam lifegems.
These games don't even have the rapist horse from Berserk.
>>
>>332712259
iron passage is easy sauce, what the hell is wrong with you people.
>>
>>332722536
i agree that reusing bosses three times is stupid, but i think to anyone with a fucking brain (obviously not you) that the reason for putting capra demons and taurus demons in the demon ruins was to show the player how far they have come because both of those bosses should be killed in the first two or three hours of playing.

>wow taurus demon is so bullshit!!!!
>wow capra demon is extra bullshit!!!!!!!
>wow look its capra demon and a taurus demon, i used to get owned by these but now they are easy
>>
>>332715975
>>worst fanbase on /v/ and /vg/
without a fucking doubt.

You forgot to mention they charge 20+ burger coins for a dx11 update
>>
>>332723045
>facetank everything with heavy armor.
I bet most people here are filthy DEXfags
>These games don't even have the rapist horse from Berserk.
Anything else from Berserk you want in the game? Something that isn't a meme?
You have a lot of rapists to choose from
>>
>>332723169

lol, are you seriously trying to rationalize reusing 100% the same models? If it was enemies in the same VEIN sure, but literally reusing the same monsters, same cut placements on the bodies, same stoney parts on the minotaur, etc is so fucking lazy. It was just flat out lazy reuse.
>>
File: 1450858137191.jpg (195 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1450858137191.jpg
195 KB, 1366x768
>>332723169
Nigger please, they were put there because of time constraints. From is lazy as fuck and lost izalith was clearly not finished or playtested at all.
>>
>>332723296
Nothing's stopping you from facetanking as a DEXfag in DS1.
>>
>>332723474

nooo anon it was about uh it was about how your memory was fading because uh and yeah have a brain retard but it was only shit becuz ur brain was hollow!!!!!! get a clue dude!
>>
>>332716679
about the same in dark souls, i guess you can make the argument that in das2 you need a little att or adp to match das, and heavier weights will weigh you down more.

its far worse in DeS though, you dont even have a hop or anything.
>>
>>332716979
basically this.

play demons souls and then play dark souls. people were expecting the same leap or more out of dark souls 2 and it didnt deliver. not to mention the bullshots.
>>
>>332723169
This is you >>332723695
>>
File: nu.jpg (7 KB, 140x243) Image search: [Google]
nu.jpg
7 KB, 140x243
>environmental lighting is absolutely shit and looks like someone turned fullbright on in the source engine
>world layout is retarded and immersion is constantly broken when you realise none of the areas can exist next to each-other
>swinging a weapon feels like you're swinging styrofoam through mud
>"this enemy we made isn't hard or interesting, so let's throw two more into an arena and call it a boss"
>story and lore feels like a souls fanfiction (remember ornstein, the guy with the cool armour from dark souls? here he is for no reason at all)
>there is no reason to play past harvest valley the game gets impossibly boring beyond that point
>you have to kill a few demigods to bypass a pile of rocks that any person could easily climb over
>you have to teleport back to majula to level up for absolutely no fucking reason other than players wil get emotionally attached to a waifu who speaks mumbo jumbo like in demon's souls
>barely ever get invaded on first playthrough, taking half of the excitement out of the game and by the time you get to NG+ you're already bored shitless
>"remember how we downgraded the graphics? well now you can have an updated game where the graphics are marginally better, and in some areas they are even worse, but fuck you we're charging for it even though it should be free. and fuck you twice if you already bought the DLC!"

I could go on
>>
>>332717996
you sound like an autistic child throwing a tantrum over something so simple as a semi tough enemy in a hallway, and then another one when your done with the first .

how long were you stuck there, be honest.
>>
>>332724928
For 30 seconds because the game forced me to waste my time fighting some retarded turtle club bitch in the slowest way possible to avoid damage.
>>
>>332720027
if your ran spells then you had attunement which also gives iframes.
>>
>>332722258
As opposed to the turtle knights? Anon, the turtles are distanced enough for you to fight them one on one, and if you're talking about the drakekeepers, the answer is simple, just lure them one by one, every souls game did this before, from Demon's to bloodborne.
>>
>>332720027
>visibly dodge out of the way of an attack and the enemy still hits you because you didn't have enough ADP
>"you should be able to adapt to broken gameplay!"

Get fucked my man
>>
>>332711817

I like the archives and the crystal cave but I really despise Lost Izalith and Bed of chaos, I guess the game becomes a bit too linear after Anor Londo, it's still pretty fucking solid and the DLC is amazing as well.
>>
>>332725573
False. Other Souls games never place infinite (or damn near close) poise knights in a small room and force the player to pull aggro like some faggoty MMO (its also the only game with group aggro, another MMO mechanic).
>>
>>332703276
I thought Dark Souls 2 was better because the zones were cooler, they fixed backstab and PVP, and the bosses were actually memorable (even if a lot of them were piss easy).

Also, I rolled sorcerer and that class was easily best in DaS2.
>>
>>332725840
Bloodborne did, they didn't have infinite poise, but you can bet your ass they did this, and that was the sole purpose of the pebbles.
The poise argument is really weak my friend, sure it's bad that you have to lure, but you can't be serious about the poise, the turtle set alone has ridiculous ammounts of poise, and the drakekeepers are giants, you can't possibly be serious when you say
>I am going to trade hits with a giant and I'm going to stun him first
It sounds retarded as fuck
>>
>>332725072
so 30 seconds cost so much to you to be this anal devastated about a hallway you should only have to go through once, maybe twice and 3 times tops because right after it you have access to a bonfire. what the fuck is wrong with you.

why am i falling for obvious bait
>>
Soul Memory was too fucking barebones to work in the way it was intended.

Instead of being a PVP filter to keep people of the same skill level grouped together, it became an all-encompassing multiplayer cockblock.

Not to mention that it had absolutely no way to take into account how skilled at the game a player actually WAS, so a hilariously bad -- but persistent -- player that dies extremely frequently and loses their bloodstains will be lumped in with players that keep all their souls without issue and just have a ridiculously large amount of them.

In single player, it mostly suffers from the hub dilemma in that just about anything and everything worth actually going to is just a small branch from the main path rather than an alternate route on the path or a larger branch. There were very few alternate paths, and it really makes the first half of the game feel like an extended hand-holding tutorial.
>>
>>332725072

Dude. Bait him into swinging, then swat him with an axe. There's one for free in the room upstairs of the center bonfire of the Forest of Fallen Giants.

Don't try to block, don't even try to dodge roll. Bait a swing, back up so he whiffs, then run in and whack him until he raises his mace again. It's easy and I killed all three in the place where three of them attack at once, before they could even back me up to the log bridge.

I'm surprised you made it to the Flame Keepers' hut without being completely stopped by the optional ogre-cyclops fight.
>>
>>332725764

>talking about visual responsiveness while implying that the system that makes it so your body harmlessly phases through attacks is superior

I wish you weren't so retarded so you could grasp why that statement was nonsense.
>>
>DaS2 is good
We get it. You've been stuck playing it for nearly 2 years. That post purchase rationalization has been kept you going until this moment. But please keep your contrarian stockholm syndrome opinions to yourself.

Anything good in DaS2 is buried in a mountain of shit. The game has had so much shit patched in order to make it playable that it looks like a fucking quilt.

Worst offender being that they tried to charge you twice for the quilt.
>>
File: Level 3.jpg (336 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Level 3.jpg
336 KB, 1200x900
>>332726537
>hub dilemma
Hubs are fine. Not every game needs to be like Metroid. I personally prefer hubs and long descents into dungeons with lots of dead ends. I don't get what all the hype for shortcuts is about. It's not that impressive and it doesn't really add anything.
>>
>>332726902
The game is fucked to the point where it seems like they tested the game with a certain ADP level and neglected to realise the game is broken nonsense without it

>roll out of way
>still get damaged

No one said anything about phasing through attacks
>>
>>332727158
It makes the game-world feel more cohesive and not like a bunch of linear levels that negate the need for a seamless open design, especially when you can just teleport everywhere anyway
>>
>>332727028
Shit argument tbhonest
I pirated it and enjoyed to the fullest, instead of butthurting about muh dollars
>worth every penny
>>
>>332727865
But it also limits how they can design the levels and takes emphasis off of navigation. For every benefit to atmosphere it introduces a problem for the gameplay. I'd rather have DaS2's good level design than DaS1's good world design.
>>
>>332728171
>DaS2
>good level design
Made me check the date.
>>
>>332728171
To each his own. I'll take DaS1's decent level design and impressive world design, because muh immersion
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.