[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: unexpected glitches that ruined your entire game progress.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
ITT: unexpected glitches that ruined your entire game progress.
>>
>>332699090
what is the glitch?
>>
>>332699506
You need that ball to progress, and if it's in a specific spot when you use the two horse heads to spawn the chest, you can get the ball stuck in a spot where you can't pick it up.

I don't recall if there's any way to reset the ball position. Granted, you can just use the screen skip glitch to get around this anyway.
>>
>>332699506
The metal ball got stuck in the treasure chest, can't pick up again.
>>
Jet Set Radio Future.

If you didn't get this faggot Clutch in time DJ Professor K will stop telling you where he's located forever stopping you from progressing in the story. There's also no way to fix it either.
>>
>>332699090
When I played firewatch i walked over a hill, slid down the other side and got caught on a tree. Had to replay the whole game. Luckily that takes like an hour.
>>
In GTA V, if you do missions in the incorrect order in story mode singleplayer, you can never pick up a mission again

think it was mission 46 or something, google it if you want because I don't have all the answers, as I gave up on the game after i had to delete my save file due to this.
>>
any gamebryo game

fall in cone shaped hole

last save is a few hours back

uninstall game
>>
>>332699090
The only big one I've ever had was in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time on PS2. I got to this one part where you had to turn a crank or something to move some bars into place, so that you could swing across them. But when I tried to do it, it would hurt me, and I had almost no health. The last save was right before that part, and I couldn't get to a fountain from it. I remember being mad as fuck, and I didn't finish it until years later.
>>
>>332699676
I think I will restart a new game because I fucked up saving thinking the ball will return in the original spot.
>>
cant you fuck yourself in the original zelda on NES? like you can miss a key or something
>>
>>332701447
I don't think you can on original Zelda, but Zelda 2 had a case where you could miss a critical treasure in a temple that turns to stone after you complete it, rendering it impossible to progress.
>>
>>332699676
um. just save and quit, like, in the actual game itself. you'll have to do some of the stuff to progress through the dungeon over again, but at least you won't have to restart. are you seriously not aware that things like that reset when you save and quit?
>>
>>332699090
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions had a bad glitch on the hammer head level. Not sure the cause but it happened when climibing into some vent. The next thing that was supposed to happen was a cutscenes but it wouldn't trigger.
>>
>>332701447
You can get locked in rooms with no way out because you wasted your bombs on the dark nuts when you have to blow up a wall in order to get out. If you don't have the upgraded candle or spellbook, you can't sudoku.
>>
>>332700469
tcl
>>
>>332702901
couldn't you press something on the second controller to instasudoku no matter where you were
>>
>>332701229
>two thrones
>crank on a platform or something
>turn it, cutscene
>start walking right after cutscene ends
>fall unto the ropes that hold platform below
>can't die
>can't rewind
>>
>>332701229
I had a glitch in Warrior Within where my wall jump didn't latch and I couldn't progress.

I think it was either just before or after the Mask in the place where you had to climb by rebounding from wall buttons.

I also had a glitch in the area where you get the last sword where particle effects and glow stuck on the screen and made it look like the Prince was roastinf on three sun desert planet.
>>
>>332702384
IIRC, the ball didn't reset.
>>
>>332706956
I think leaving dungeon resets it.
>>
>>332707128
I know leaving the dungeon definitely does not reset the ball nor the pillars, which is why I think saving might save the ball position too.
>>
File: 1459466714664.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1459466714664.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>that time you discovered a game breaking glitch, get mad at the game
>later realize it wasn't a glitch and you were just doing it wrong
>>
>>332700469
there are no cone shaped holes in fallout or skyrim
>>
>>332707894
>OoT
>the key under the floating block in the Water Temple
>didn't know about that
I literally thought that game glitched and didn't give me an extra key for the dungeon.
>>
>>332709794

I think that little quirk is the reason people always talk about the Water Temple being legendarily difficult. It's just got that confusing ass mechanic, and back in the day that "you can get trapped in the water temple if you use your keys wrong" rumor got passed around a lot.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.