[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth 10 burger bucks to play this a month early? Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: tos2[1].jpg (687 KB, 1099x824) Image search: [Google]
tos2[1].jpg
687 KB, 1099x824
Is it worth 10 burger bucks to play this a month early?

Should I just get BDO instead?

I like games like EQ1, Runescape, EVE Online, Project Gorgon, and interacting with other players.
>>
Bump

I'm interested as well. Art looks cool but honestly I don't know shit about the game. It looks comfy as fuck and the character designs are cute but meh that free to play model turns me off.
>>
Any input from MMO enthusiasts?
>>
can't say for BDO but tree of savior is just a wow clone with a birds eye view
>>
BDO isnt worth youir time unless your willing to pay 30$ for cash shop outfits and all you care about is DLC

Terms of Service is absolutely worth 10$
>>
>>332699820

*All you care about is pvp
>>
>>332699752

Could you expand on that? My main problems with MMOs these days are no player to player interaction except dungeon queues, rushing to end game content, and braindead difficulty. Are these present in Tree of Savior?
>>
BDO is a shit game.

Tree of Saviour is a Diablo knock off with awful pings. You should have played the beta to see if you like that. It's not a bad game, but you should definitely not expect Ragnarok 2 from it, and US only servers don't work well for an international game.
>>
Don't get this or BDO, both are Korean trash with one or two good features.
>>
>>332699895

Its present in tree of savior and BDO, BDO is the bigger culprit

>>332699954
What he said, but keep in mind its 2 days into what is essentially a paid beta release, server shit gets smoothed out over time.

Neither is the rebirth of MMOs, ToS is the closest your gonna get

Stat distribution that matters, interesting class mock ups, etc
>>
>>332699895

all of the above, the disappointment i had was expounded by the fact that the game was touted as a spiritual successor to Ragnarok Online which was a very heavily social and free roam based MMO. basically as soon as you log in with a character in TOS you get the same dragged-by-the-nose linear quests and are locked from any content that isn't on the beaten path
>>
>>332699895
you literally can not interact with other players in tree of savior

You can't trade unless you paid $18 for a token, and even then you only get 30 trades. Absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>332700363

That sounds absolutely awful dude.
>>
>>332699031

i played eq1 from vanilla through gates of discord or whatever the fuck that faggot expansion was that instanced all the raid content

i had money in my steam wallet so i bought the early access thing for this game. its like some weird mixture of diablo and various traditional rpg elements

long story short im having fun with it. its a nice mind numbing autopilot kill tons of shit kind of game.

btw idgaf about pvp so i have no idea what thats like
>>
>>332699031
No but only because every motherfucker and his dog is already playing it and the servers aren't coping.
>>
You are too late to start BDO if you want to pvp.

By the time you are 50 with +12 whites the current 55's with +15blues will be unkillable for you.
>>
Anybody willing to give a new bro a skill injector and 500m ISK on EvE? Trying to get my skills and funds up for ratting. Long shot but I thought I'd go for it. Much love /v/
>>
Like all MMOs it's only fun in the long run if you have friends to play with.
>>
>>332703835

Is it the kind of game where I can make friends in game?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.