[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. Made a thread yesterday. I live in Japan and understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: so5.jpg (10 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
so5.jpg
10 KB, 274x184
Hey guys. Made a thread yesterday. I live in Japan and understand moon runes. I am now about 12 hours into pic-related.

Overall Impression: It's fun. It's not amazing. It is very similar to Star Ocean 3 in terms of how it plays. The music is solid if you like Sakuraba. The story is decent so far but my expectations are not high.

Ultimately, if you're a fan of the series, you will probably enjoy it. My biggest criticism is that it is too similar to previous games. Very little innovation. Lots of retreading well-worn territory, more so than Dark Souls 3 even (I am playing that too).

Ask away if you have questions.
>>
>>332695330
Are you going for the Fiore romance route? Tell me about it
>>
>>332695330

How is item crafting? THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT.
>>
>>332695860
I have been trying to impress Fiore during private actions but I am not sure if I am doing it right. I have this dark feeling that I may be accidentally romancing Victor.
>>332696402
It's ok. I haven't done much of it but so far it seems really simple. You don't have to be on a ship or anything. Once it's unlocked, just go into the menu and test if you have ingredients needed to unlock recipes. Then you can just make stuff anywhere like in Star Ocean 2. You can probably break the game with it early if you know what you are doing.
>>
>>332695330
But is it better than 4? Because that was a shit.
>>
>>332697270
Sounds awesome.

Any chance you can tell me about the combat exactly i noticed from what little ive seen its like SO3 but can you give any details?
Is it 60fps right?
So any frame drops and hows the camrea?
Is it too cluttered with that many party members
and whats indoor like

any thoughts on the story so far. I for some reason happen to like both SO2 (which most people do) and SO3 dumb twist aside. What are your thoughts on the story and characters

and finally would you recomend someone to import without knowing runes or hold off a few months (i do intend on waiting but wana here your thoughts)
>>
how's the frame rate?

more importantly, how's the loading times?
>>
How bad is the censorship?
>>
File: 1459288980580.gif (2 MB, 448x246) Image search: [Google]
1459288980580.gif
2 MB, 448x246
Have the panties actually been turned into diapers?
>>
>>332699269
>censor game to deter perversion
>actually ends up pandering to fetishists instead
Man, I don't even care about the censorship anymore. This is hilarious.
>>
>>332697506
You know I'm not sure yet. I actually thought SO4 played great, though the story and characters were kind of derp. This one seems to have better characters but it's too early to say on overall story.

>>332697960
Indoor is fine. Combat gets kind of wonky once you have more than four people to manage. You have to rely a lot on AI 'Roles' you can set. They work fine at a high level but I sense when things get hard in late / post-game, it's going to drive me nuts.

The story is fairly intriguing so far. Still early. I want to see where things go with this 'mysterious magical girl' plot thread. I get the feeling it'll be a pretty shallow / cliched resolution, but it's less disappointing than 4 at least.

I would not recommend importing it unless you are a Star Ocean fanatic. You really need to understand the language to follow the story and gameplay mechanics. It'll be a chore otherwise.

>>332698294
Loading times are miniscule. Only stuttered once during a war scene with lots of NPC's on screen.

>>332698738
>>332699269
I only checked Miki's panties once. Kind of sad :( . But you can still oggle Fiona all you want. That ass is distracting when you are running around towns. Anne has some sexy thong-ish panties you can check out too.
>>
>>332695330

>My biggest criticism is that it is too similar to previous games. Very little innovation. Lots of retreading well-worn territory

This has been my biggest concern since seeing all of these pre-release gameplay videos. I haven't seen a single skill or enemy that was not in the previous games.

I like the premise of mixing and matching the moves of select characters from past entries, but I really want to know what kind of new things franchise fans can expect. Is there anything notably new? Does using and upgrading skills make them feel new or give them more interesting properties?
>>
File: 1394665478202.png (494 KB, 651x858) Image search: [Google]
1394665478202.png
494 KB, 651x858
>>332695330
Did you ever find out if you can skip cutscenes, including the ones where you walk around?
>>
Hey moon reader. How's the areas so far? Like dungeons and shit.
>>
there's romance in this game?
>>
can you give Fiona the dick
>>
>>332695330

How cute is Anne and her cats
>>
OP has abandoned us.
>>
>>332703017
Doesn't seem like it. I tried a few times. Maybe on later playthroughs or on other difficulty levels?

>>332703317
Not fantastic. The design is not terribly inspired. You are rewarded for exploring at least; Lots of treasures and money isn't easy to come by early.

>>332703328
>>332703830
I hope so. Trying my hardest.

>>332703962
She's kind of like Ashton during private actions, only with cats instead of barrels.
>>
>>332695330
>plays like SO3
that's all I needed to hear, guess I might pick it up eventually

it's not like I'll have a PS4 anytime soon though, could be ages before I get it
>>
>>332705776

Anything new that stands out from previous games? All of the skills and enemies I've seen in gameplay seem to be recycled.
>>
>>332706719
Not much. Maybe one unique spell so far. A couple of combat skills I don't recognize. Do NOT get this game if you are expecting lots of new.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.