[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could the Souls series be considered a proper transition to 3D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Could the Souls series be considered a proper transition to 3D Castlevania game?
>>
File: 1321780534934.jpg (30 KB, 396x304) Image search: [Google]
1321780534934.jpg
30 KB, 396x304
>>332690787
>Could the Souls series be considered a proper transition to 3D Castlevania game?

No, have you even played Castlvainia? Those games are nothing like Dark Souls.

Also, there are already a 3D Castlevania games.
What is the Lord of Shadows trilogy?
>>
>>332691690
>What if the Lord of Shadows trilogy?

ironically very different from the original castlevanias
>>
>>332691690
Not sure if bait
>>
>>332692082
>>332692116
Autists pls.

Lord of Shadows are great games. Only difference is instead of fighting vampires you are one.

They are good games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnRNq4Ckj7o
>>
DeS/DaS1 definitely had more of the metroidvania elements and DS1 had the tightly-knit, interconnected world map. In gameplay, not so much. I haven't played 3 so whoop.
>>
>>332692340
They're not though. Lament of innocence and curse of darkness are.
>>
>>332692340
I never said they were bad, just different.
I found the 2D titles tedious at times
>>
>>332692441
Curse of Darkness is best 3D castlevania.
>>
>>332690787
lol no you dopey dumb fuck dark souls isnt a platformer
>>
>>332692340

LoS1 is middling as fuck.
I don't know about 2 I turned that off a minute after your guy puked a stream of blood into the engine of a giant christian robot
>>
File: 1459388229245.gif (333 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1459388229245.gif
333 KB, 240x180
>>332690787

it should afterall castlevania is the dark souls of nintendo gamezz XD
>>
>>332690787

castlevania, would work well as a 3D metroidvania with upgrades, world hubs and shit

some combat that would require dodging, blocking, skillfull timed attacks etc

not that hack n slash shit
>>
The Castlevania crew are going to wait until after a few years of the Souls series becoming stale before mimicing the formula with the iconic Castlevania brand. Nobody will buy or care about Castlevaniasouls
>>
>>332690787
Lords of Shadows1 was one of the worst pieces of crap ever made..I played every CV, but LOS1 was pure torture every minute, and not the enjoyable kind of torture like the DS games...

and no Dark Souls has nothing to do with Castlevania...afaik there are no girls with short skirts, no whips and no sexy vampires...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.