[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strange question but, does anyone know of any good shmups on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: B00E1A1SP6_img2_lg.jpg (37 KB, 1024x874) Image search: [Google]
B00E1A1SP6_img2_lg.jpg
37 KB, 1024x874
Strange question but, does anyone know of any good shmups on 3DS or DS? I just got a 3DS for smash brothers and some sega games so thats why I ask.
>>
The Nanostray games are good. Other than those, Steel Empire and Karous: the Beast of Re:eden are pretty much the only decent STGs available for 3DS. And when I say decent I mean not completely shit, but close. If you want shmups the 3DS is the last place you should be looking.
>>
>>332688486
Import ketsui
>>
>>332688486
How is that a strange question
>>
>>332688863
Oh, what would be a good portable console for shmups then? I mean I used to have a psp but when I try to use it now it just turns off and on randomly, but I digress.
>>
>>332689162
I don't know I just assumed since /v/ usually dislikes nintendo products as of late save for smash bros. I assumed it would be strange to ask about it.
>>
>>332688486
I really enjoyed Space Invaders Extreme for DS
>>
>>332690206
oh, that sounds like a good one.
>>
>>332689078
oh, I might give that one a try. I also have both fantasy zone re-releases on 3DS if that's a gauge to measure by.
>>
Would Star Fox count?
>>
>>332694932
not really that's more of a rails shooter, but I'll take it considering I let space harrier count.
>>
>>332688486
If you can ignore the fact that it has raped the Metroid franchise, you should probably wait for Metroid Prime: Federation Force if you want a GOOD FPS on this system. The rest are basically going to be shovelware.
>>
>>332688486
I barely know any shmups for either system, sorry. I mostly play those on Steam.

Sega 3D Classics Twinbee and Sega 3D Classics Fantasy Zone 1 & 2 do come to mind, as 3DS digital downloads. Gradius Advance was a really good shmup on GBA, but I suspect that you are looking for DS games to play on the 3DS.

Kid Icarus Uprising is very good, if you are considering rail shooters like Star Fox. Dream Trigger 3D is apparently an interesting one, although requiring the 3D viewer in the system to play properly.

Ikachan is apparently available on 3DS download as well, although I think that's PC freeware.
>>
>>332696447
>Sega 3D Classics Twinbee and Sega 3D Classics Fantasy Zone 1 & 2

Not OP, but I'll definitely check these out. I loved Pop'n Twinbee on the SNES.

Also, do you have any recomendations for Steam shmups? All I have is the eXceeds and Jamestown.
>>
>>332697154
I wish this was my Steam computer, as it would be far easier to list them that way.

From what I recall, though:
>Aqua Kitty - Milk Mine Defender (it plays like Fantasy Zone)
>Crimson Clover World Ignition
>Ether Vapor Remaster
>Ikagura
>QP Shooting Dangerous, if you are okay with the anime girls
Deathsmiles and Mushihimesama are also out for $20 each. There's also stuff like Vector Strain, Raiden III/IV, and Mobile Light Force (Gunbird) that are worth checking out.
>>
>>332688486
Sagittarius-A-Star, Ketsui. If you have JP Eshop access there are probably a bunch of indie shooters on there.

>>332697154
Judgement Silversword, Eschatos, Rabi-ribi
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.