[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
likes and dislikes? like >music >world design >day/night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: Ce2Dw7OUAAEBju6.jpg (17 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
Ce2Dw7OUAAEBju6.jpg
17 KB, 600x335
likes and dislikes?

>music
>world design
>day/night cycle
>the equip menu was really smooth

dislike
>movement, felt non-responsive
>hit registration in combat was not good
>fps
>>
Could you go into more detail about the combat for me? I've heard everything from people saying it's really cool to play around with to others saying it's complete shit.
>>
>>332687452
To be honest with you, the only good thing about this demo was the music.

Everything else makes you wonder what the fuck they were doing during those 10 years.
>>
Music was ok. Felt like a budget knockoff FF close score at times. Nothing too memorable just 6 hours after I played it.

Menu screens feel empty an amateurish. It gives Mr that excel feeling.

Seriously ugly. Blurry in the wrong places, shocking frame rate and jaggies regardless of it being a muddy mess.

Boring combat. Environments which could be good, but appear only 1/3 finished. Sluggish and repetitive.
>>
If I didn't already want the game due to Duscae 2.0 this would have caused me to not buy the game.
>>
>>332687798
I didn't play that, but from what little I saw it looked one part walking sim and one part baron world traversal.
>>
>>332687958
The world in Duscae was pretty, but empty, like most Open World games out there.

Also the combat was shit, but it was much better than the combat that we got in this demo.
>>
File: Ce6Bq3pVAAAAszD.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ce6Bq3pVAAAAszD.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
>>332687452
That's basically what I thought.

I actually enjoyed the combat when I got to his adult form though, well I enjoyed it a little.

I also liked the Sabre-toothed Giraffe shaped Tiger deer.
>>
>>332687583
You get by every fight in the demo but the final one by holding down one button for the entire thing.
>>
>>332688582
Really? I've heard that it seems like that at first, but if you try out different combos and whatnot the game becomes much deeper
>>
>>332688242
Yeah, as standard I hate open worlds so it doesn't do this game any favours. I think I'll look into a different jrpg franchise from now on.

Can anyone recommend what tplay on PS4 if my fav is FFXII?
>>
>>332687583
I've never played Kingdom Hearts, so maybe I'm just too new to it, but dodging and blocking felt very unresponsive to me.
>>
>>332688582
You can also win the fight against the golem by holding down one button though.
>>
bad movement
bad combat
bad graphics, aesthetic is good though
music was not bad but definitely not final fantasy quality

I felt like I was playing kingdom hearts
>>
The combat is a lot better than I thought.

Try this, its pretty fun

>Broadsword Aircombo
>into Air Shuriken
>into warp to building
>into Greatsword Warp Strike from high up on building
>Greatsword attack- pause- Greatsword attack HOLD (activates Charge Attack)
>Charge up and unlease the damage!
>then cancel that charge attack into tempest (hold stick away from opponent and attack with greatsword while locked on)
>magic aim Fireball(cancels tempest animation)
>fireball Throw

Shit can get pretty crazy.

My only gripe is the framerate.
>>
File: Hand-Reaching-out.jpg (878 KB, 4804x1901) Image search: [Google]
Hand-Reaching-out.jpg
878 KB, 4804x1901
>there are people HERE who dont know how to stay permanently in the air with air step sword

>or how to do a charge attack with the big sword or spin slash

its all pretty easy actually
>>
File: uhh.png (173 KB, 349x446) Image search: [Google]
uhh.png
173 KB, 349x446
>mfw infinite aircombo into shuriken into warp into warp slash into shield bash
You can tell that a lot of options are missing from the demo first and foremost your fucking party, but the gameplay is already better than Duscae
>>
>>332689312
>>My only gripe is the frame rate.
the game seems slow enough that it shouldn't be too much of a problem

about as slow as dark souls
>>
It got real as fuck when I discovered shit like

>>332689312
>>332689471
>>332689505

Most of the combat isn't explained which is kinda dumb. Perfect timing block with the shield feels great.

Environments are great, graphics are good enough, music is neat.

Framerate is the only issue so far.

I think the people saying the combat is bad didn't figure combos and moves out, nor did the find extra weapons and shield. They just held O then said it's shit.
>>
>>332687583
>really cool
Understand the average skill and standards of the FF drone when it comes to an action game.

For reference, those people generally agree KH was a good action game, gameplay-wise. That is all.
>>
>>332690183

KH2 is a good ARPG though.
>>
>>332689312
>try this
Yeah I did a flashy combo once then I stopped because it's never required to do anything of the sort

I really hope the game will have difficulty so that you actually are forced to play it, or it's an instant trash game
>>
>>332690183

God not another DMCfag.
>>
Felt like I was playing Playstation Home. The city looked flat and lifeless. There was too much bloom, the framerate was terrible and the vignetting is too obtrusive.
Having circle be the attack button feels weird when ED had it perfect with square. Magic bombs are also really clunky to use too.
>>
>>332690340

You didn't try shit you shitposter. I know you're the same idiot from the other two threads who thinks DMC is an ARPG.
>>
>>332690183
Even the first KH game has better gameplay than this garbage combat in FFXV.
>>
>>332687452
>music
>design
>day/night cycle
>animations

dislike
>combat
>movement
>framerate
>graphics

Fucking Skyrim has less blurry rocks.
>>
Animation & world are God tier
Music is very good

Shit textures
Shit framerate
Shit combat
>>
>>332690403
>Magic bombs are also really clunky to use too

What? Just lock on and tap the button for quick bombs.
>>
>>332689312

This.

All the people saying the combat is shit just held O, and tried nothing else.
>>
File: 8976789.jpg (621 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
8976789.jpg
621 KB, 1080x608
>>332687452
the lock on is jank as shit, and switching between enemies is awful

magic targeting is too slow, and too imprecise
>>
>>332690745

hardlock is fine and doesn't break or fuck the camera like it did in ED

quick target bombs work perfectly fine
>>
Seems this thread did nothing but attract the shitposters from the older thread.
>>
The camera's kinda crap. It didn't like getting close to those wooden blocks ar all.
>>
>>332691142

yeah too bad
>>
>>332691142
>If people criticize this game they must be shitposters

Also reminder to you FFaggots that they've had 10 years to make a good game, and the graphics are shit and and the gameplay is worse than Kingdom Hearts 1.
>>
>>332689943
Well then that's the fault of the demo for not making shit apparent enough for the average player. I found pretty much everything and did cool combos and whatnot but I can totally understand someone who quickly plays through it to simply see what the game will be like not liking the demo because it keeps all of the good shit under wraps and they never discover it.
>>
>>332691456

k
>>
>>332691024
but that's wrong

hardlock goes to shit when there's more than two enemies on screen. trying to cycle between them just doesn't work like it should, and often would focus on whatever two are closest to you and not allow you to switch to ones on the side or slightly behind them

magic targeting is slow. stuff like the lighting bolt is hard to land if the enemy is just slightly shuffling along, not even dodging or running around. just a slow walk is enough to out pace your targeting

the green ring around the bomb when you target doesn't mean shit and is misleading, lightning is the exact center of it, while the meteorain is full screen clear. it's imprecise and means single target spells are just gonna be ass
>>
I just want more turn based FF and not mobile garbage and RPG maker remixes. I had fun with Kingdom Hearts' combat but I really don't want that to be the staple of every game they make now, Square used to make fairly big changes to the turn based system each game to keep it fresh but now they're transitioning into a generic action-RPG factory and keeping everything the same each time around.

The last thing closest to a turn-based FF we had was Lost Odyssey and that was garbage, I even prefer FFXIII's deal over what we're getting now
>>
>>332693668
>turn based FF
action is better then ANY turn based systems

saying it shouldn't move out of turn based is like saying we should've never evolved in the first place
>>
>>332692978

Alright fair points.

Hope this shit is brought up and fixed.
>>
>>332694146
>action is better then ANY turn based systems
subjective

The point is that if you offer a product to people for such a long time and they love it, then you stop giving them that and instead give them something drastically different and brand it as the same product, of course those customers are going to be disappointed.

Sure, the developer has no obligation to make something they don't want to but it's frustrating seeing them and others saying that there is no justification in being disappointed and if you don't want the new over the old then you are the problem.
>>
>>332694775
no its fact

hell the ENTIRE point of FF15 was to challenge FF norm
>>
>>332694979
>10, 11, 12, 13, 14
>>
>>332687452
For the love of FUCK OP next time can you PLEASE PUT PLATINUM DEMO OR FFXV IN THE FUCKING THREAD TITLE
So I don't have to spend 15 minutes rummaging through the garbage collection looking for a thread
>>
>>332688438

How do you get that animal? I got the boarish thing and couldn't find any other plates.

Also, I heard there's a weapon on top of the citadel that you can get by warping up to the top, jumping down a platform, then warping up a bit more. Can anyone confirm? I don't wanna waste another 30 mins just to see.
>>
>>332695754

You need 300 crystals to unlock the shuriken and shield, and platinum plates in general.
>>
>>332695875

>had 291 at Iron Giant

Fuck.
>>
>>332695276
Not OP, turn on catalog you idiot. It takes 20 seconds to see every thread and this one has a pretty blatant OP picture
>>
File: FFXV Demo hidden weapons.webm (3 MB, 888x500) Image search: [Google]
FFXV Demo hidden weapons.webm
3 MB, 888x500
>>332695754
>>332695875

Anon made a webm in an older thread.
>>
>>332696104

oh shit
>>
Is this the same demo that was release a while ago? I think it was a pre-order bonus or something

Kind of off-topic, but can anyone explain what's going on here? I get this weird moonrune every time I hit the little + button to reply to someone.
>>
My impressions:
-Looks good. Can't really complain. I'm not a huge Nomura monster fan but they weren't terrible.
-Sounds nice. Good music, but reminded my of FF13 too much.
-Animal combat is cool.

-Shit combat. Hold down circle to attack. Hold square to not get hit. Kinda stupid. Having the d-pad skills was nice tho.
-Shit framerate. I really hope it was just the demo because that shit was sad.
-Special effects looked like crap.
-Didn't explain the magic throwing system or the warp system. I pressed triangle and learned something new but I can't say I knew how to apply it.
-Do you want to purchase this title? No fuck you.

I hope that it's a problem with the demo and not the game. reposting
>>
>>332697984
I'd love to see you fight the goelm and laugh
>>
Was it just me or did the end boss for the demo feel like a sonic 06 enemy, health bar design and all, he felt so out of place.
>>
>>332699517
No
It's literally Iron Golem, from fucking FF
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.