[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So are the Celestials aliens who have come to Yharnam, or a human
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: original.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
So are the Celestials aliens who have come to Yharnam, or a human attempt at creating a being capable of thinking on the same level as a Great One?
>>
Successful experimentation of transforming humans into celestial ambassadors in order to engender communication between Great Ones and humans.
>>
nah,they're the result of healing church experiments on humans in order to summon great ones. the celestial emissary we fight is the emissary who was capable of summoning ebrietas, whom he guards the entrance to.
>>
>>332687140
Makes no sense since typical cultists can communicate and even summon old ones.
>>
What are celestials doing in Forbidden Woods?
>>
>>332687383

They escaped from Iosefka's clinic.
>>
>>332687317
Hey, I didn't write the story Skeleton Man. Also
>typical cultists can communicate and even summon old ones.

We talking about the same thing here guy?
>>
Iosefka babies
>>
>>332687317
Not in Bloodborne.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160329233241.jpg (338 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160329233241.jpg
338 KB, 1920x1080
So was the Moon Presence the only true Ayy?
>>
>>332687562
>>332687317
Yes in Bloodborne. All you need to summon a Great One is an umbilical cord. It's how Gehrman made contact with the Moon Presence and became enshackled to the Hunter's Dream.
>>
So Mergo's Wet Nurse. It uses blades similar to Blades of Mercy/Burial Blade, a moveset with movements similar to Eileen, and the black garb that looks feathery. What's the connection there?
>>
>>332687664

Moon Presence, Mergo, Ebrietas, and Amygdala.
>>
>>332687664
Oedon, Mergo, Ebrietas, Kos (and by extension Orphan) and possibly Rom are all Great Ones.

Though Rom could possibly be a human who ascended to Great One-hood.
>>
>>332687793
Burial Blade and Blade of Mercy are the oldest trick weapons of the Workshop, and they're the only weapons described to have been made of Siderite, the metal of the Heavens. Mergo's Wet Nurse has 8 arms, but only 6 swords. The implication appears to be that two were stolen from her, one of which was turned directly into the Burial Blade, and one reforged into the Blades of Mercy.
>>
>>332687724
That doesn't sound like typical cultists, and doesn't seem like it makes the big headed blue aliens a stupid creation.
On the topic of umbilical cords, why are there 4 one-thirds?
>>
>>332688157
From a gameplay standpoint, it's because actions early in the game can make you miss out on one of the cords, so they put in another so you still have a chance to get it.

From an in-universe perspective, maybe they're parts of different umbilical cords.
>>
>>332688425
I assumed the same thing, but it doesn't seem like they'd mind you missing one, so I'm under the impression it's either a translation error, or if they simply aren't all of the same cord.
>>
I think Emissary himself is a Great One, and blood taken from him transforms humans into celestials.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.