[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth getting into WoW at this point? Ive been playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: images (3).jpg (13 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
13 KB, 284x177
Is it worth getting into WoW at this point? Ive been playing a lot of Heathstone and am craving some more Warcraft. I get the feeling its way too late for me to get into it though.
>>
>>332681505
Considering how casual it is, it's never too late to explore Azeroth.
I think what you mean is, is it worth playing now that the golden age of MMO is long gone? That's up to you.
>>
>>332682984
>it's never too late to explore Azeroth.
well azeroth got changed during cata

so id argue that people kinda missed out on some of the older stuff
>>
>>332683189
yeah but as a person that did play Vanilla Azeroth it's safe to say that that's ok. If you really want to experience that, there's servers for that too but from the looks of it OP wouldn't care.
>>
>>332681505
WoW has and always will be terrible.

The best thing it did was create Hearthstone
>>
>>332683540
>wow was always terrible
>likes hearthstone
lol.
>>
>>332683540

but anon, hearthstone is absolute cancer and only proves that idiots will eat up anything with the warcraft branding.

as for OP i'd say if you really want to play WoW either a. play now and NOT use the character boost you get for dreanor and enjoy the nicer parts of WoW because you will grow to hate the current expac b. wait for the new expac, a lot of shit for the classes is changing so you don't wanna get all snuggly with a class only for it to run nothing like it did before and you look like a moron playing the husk of a class it once was. not sayin' the new expac is gonna be bad, it looks okay tbqh
>>
I had way more fun making brand new characters back in vanilla than I did last week going going 1-20 for my hearthstone unlock. I'm not sure if it's just me being older or all the grinding being so streamlined but it felt pretty soulless, even doing group dungeons from 15-20
>>
>>332684757
Levels 1-20 now are like 1-5 in vanilla, they were always streamlined and introductory.
>>
go play nostalrius. heard they are building a tbc server that u can transfer your 60 to after their done releasing all the vanilla content.
>>
>>332685085
as a person that spent a lot of time in private servers don't.
You'll regret spending countless hours into a character that literally means nothing compared to having an authentic character on a Blizzard server that you can always go back to.
Private server characters should be treated like toilet paper.
>>
>>332681505
The only way Blizzard can get me back into WoW is by going through with that movie ticket promotion. I'm not counting on it though.
>>
>>332685630
sounds like you learned what i knew from the beginning the hard way. I have lost multiple best in slot 60 priest on private servers that died, but its still better than playing whatever abysmal version of WoW is live right now.
>>
>>332685085
This, I'd wager by this point the people you play hearthstone with are re same type of people that flood nost now.
>>
>>332687089
people that play Hearthstone are casual and would rather have a real authentic character on a real server that they can cherish like their precious legendary cards in their card collection.
>>
>>332687236
then theres the other half of people who wont pay a subscription for a game they rarely play because the expansion content fucked it up. what good is an authentic character if neo WoW makes me want to puke?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.