[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Good idea Allow players to choose dialogue that they'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: good idea bad idea.jpg (73 KB, 1080x468) Image search: [Google]
good idea bad idea.jpg
73 KB, 1080x468
>Good idea
Allow players to choose dialogue that they'd actually want to say whether it be good, evil or neutral aka any RPG worth its salt

>Bad idea
Force the player to play someone that at worst, can only be chaotic neutral cause the character is still a good guy that can't do anything bad aka Witcher 3

>Good idea
Having character stats that define your character and allow for non violent approaches aka Fallout and Planescape Torment

>Bad idea
Being forced to play a single set character that does nothing but sword fight aka Geralt in Witcher 3

>Good idea
Being able to roleplay a character of several races, genders, etc aka Dragon Age Origin and Morrowind

>Bad idea
Despite the lore saying otherwise, force the character to play only one character aka Geralt in Witcher 3

>Good idea
Having multiple characters that fulfill multiple roles your main PC can't aka Baldur's Gate 1/2

>Bad idea
Being a multiclassing Mary Sue aka Geralt in Witcher 3

>Good idea
Having Batman vision in a Batman game aka Arkham games

>Bad idea
Having Batman vision in a non-Batman game aka Witcher 3
>>
This will never stop being correct.
>>
>muh bioware
>muh torment

Here's your (You).
>>
>>332671012
>Despite the lore saying otherwise, force the character to play only one character aka Geralt in Witcher 3
Past two games featured Geralt and the game is called the Witcher, gee i fucking wonder why we can only play as him.
>>
>>332671403
>I can't prove OP wrong so I'll say "muh"

What's it like being a fag?
>>
>>332671460
There are other Witchers. Why can't you make your own Witcher?
>>
>>332671476

Fine, friend. All of your comparisons are null because Witcher 3 is not related to any of the games you mentioned. Not story/lore, not developer-wise. They're all RPGs, that's the only common ground. If you prefer those other games then great, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with TW3.
>>
RPGs are RPGs
Witcher games are Witcher games

TW3 is a class of its own, like Tarantino movies for example
>>
>>332671012
There is much retardation in your post it isn't even funny.

Why are you trying this desperately hard to fit in?
>>
>>332671638

1. Lore-wise, no new witchers can be created.
2. The series follows Geralt of Rivia. It's not as if the previous two games had character creation.
>>
>>332671638
why does it fucking matter, faggot? no one expected anything different so it's not a problem. something like fo4 is a huge fucking problem though
>>
>>332672102
>like Tarantino movies

Dumb people that like Witcher like bad movies like Tarantino. Kek
>>
>>332672212
Ekshually, early in development The Witcher 1 was supposed to have a character creator and feature Geralt as an NPC rather than a protagonist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMmFiQp3Q_4
>>
>>332672702
Looks pretty cool. They should've stuck with this route and focused more on roleplaying. I think witcher 1 would've been better if they stuck with basic aurora engine combat instead of the rhythm game combat.
>>
Pre-defined protagonist > blank page protagonist

With blank page protagonists, there's always some plot event or special characteristic that defines them.

You're
>Nerevarine
>Gorion's Ward, also a Bhaalspawn
>The Courier
>The Watcher
>The Warden
>The Arisen
etc etc etc.
In the end, that's the only thing that defines your character, that's what moves the plot forward, that's the thing about your character that the world reacts to. Whatever backstory you've imagined doesn't matter for shit. With careful writing and reactive quests the devs can make you almost feel like you've created a distinct character, but it's never as good as a pre-defined protag with a clearly set personality and motivations.
>>
>>332674012
>Pre-defined protagonist > blank page protagonist

Since that really worked out for Dragon Age 2 and Fallout 4

Shut the fuck up moron.
>>
File: bad idea.png (83 KB, 686x248) Image search: [Google]
bad idea.png
83 KB, 686x248
>>332671012
>Look mom! I posted it again!

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/%3Egood%20idea%20Allow%20players%20to%20choose
>>
>>332674428
That's because those are blank page protags, you giga nigger.
The only pre-defined things about the DAII protagonist are its last name and its mother.
>>
>>332671012
If I was a dev, all nonviolent approaches would result in failure of some sort and either have shitty outcomes or even more difficult violent encounters than if you would have just fought in the first place. The worst possible ending in the game would be the pacifist route.

But to the rest of your post.
>Witcher 3
>3
The game was always about Geralt and his story. It's not a bad idea inherently because that is the purpose of the game. To tell Geralt's story. The open world is just there to facilitate economic and combat growth. Although character growth could use some work. As for pacifist route, what pacifist route? How the fuck is a monster hunter supposed to be a pacifist? Is he going to kindly tell the nekkers to make peace with the humans. Is he going to fuck plague ghosts?

>being forced
You're not being forced. If you didn't want to follow Geralt's story, you shouldn't have bought the game. Or, seeing how there was no character creation or 'evil' dialogue choices in the first hour, you should have refunded it.
>multiclassing
That is what makes Witchers so dangerous in the lore. Also allows the player to pick which way to play. I mostly use nothing but magic in Witcher 3 now. Of course, not having a "jack of all trades is a master of none" mechanic that really emphasizes that puts a damper on that.
>batman vision
legit argument it's fucking dumb I thought the medallion mechanic in Witcher 2 was bad.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.