[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stalker: Zone of Alienation UI problem.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8
File: dammit.jpg (322 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dammit.jpg
322 KB, 1024x768
Hey /v/, so I installed ZoA on SoC 1.0006 and I had the pic related UI problem. I got a 4:3 monitor. I tried installing the no widescreen ui fix but that didn't work, it's still the same. The when I change to a 16:9 resolution the problem is resolved. On my 4:3 resolutions the inventory stays the same like the vanilla but on a 16:9 it changes to a CoP style one (like it should be I believe). Any of you streloks know how to fix this?
>>
File: dwa.jpg (197 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dwa.jpg
197 KB, 1280x720
Here is how it should look.
>>
File: AMK Mod Guide 3.1.jpg (645 KB, 1200x1816) Image search: [Google]
AMK Mod Guide 3.1.jpg
645 KB, 1200x1816
>>332665039
Simple: don't use ZoA.
It's a buggy, abandoned piece of shit variant of the AMK1.4, which is superior in almost all possible ways.

Just requires you to have the game patched to 1.0004.
>>
>>332665860
1.0004 for ZoA or for AMK mod, strelok ?
>>
>>332666714
Both, actually. The 1.0005/6 compatibility fix is kinda poor hack.
AMK requires 1.0004 for certain.
>>
>>332666947
Thanks. Can you tell me what does AMK do better than ZoA ? I thought ZoA was considered one of the best mods for the game, can you elaborate a little more?
>>
>>332667617
ZoA's literally just a western spin on AMK, attempt to make it easier to get into and running on later patches than the original, with tons of extra shit added to the game just for the heck of it. It's never been too stable, and I find its balance fucked up in numerous ways.

All the good things you may find in it, AMK already did a decade ago. Heck, the first time I modded STALKER it was with the Oblivion Lost 2, which itself is a literal AMK1.4 ripoff, and it pretty much did what ZoA has, but already in 2008. I always considered that too to have bit too much "for the lulz" shit and silly changes, which I manually tried to tone down for quite some time. It wasn't until a whole year later that I gave AMK a spin, and realized that it was everything I'd loved about OL, without any of the cancer.
>>
>>332668141
Does it have the mag reloading that is in ZoA ? I'd like to also ask if it is still being updated as you pointed out ZoA is abandoned.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
I'm just gonna leave this Stalker Starting Guide -pic here, in case there's some potential rookies thinking of giving this series a spin.

Consult this Starting Guide for the smoothest start,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
File: stalker zoa mag reload.gif (817 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
stalker zoa mag reload.gif
817 KB, 400x225
>>332668524
>Does it have the mag reloading that is in ZoA ?
No. That was one of the few ZoA's "new" things, but even that was done earlier (and better) by this one Russian mod which's name escapes me.

The reload system, or rather the super poor implementation of it, was one of the things that really turned me off about ZoA. It was also the source of many of its major bugs; magically loosing hundreds of ammo is simply not too fun.
>>
>>332668686
I've already beat all three games on master. Looking to get into mods now.
>>332668891
Alright I'll listen to your advice. Do I download it from the link you in your image or is there some place I can download the 1.4.1 version with the translation mods as well.
>>
>>332668891
Also from what I understood you played ZoA ages ago. Have you tried the new version - it might be bug free?
>>
File: stalker mod choosing guide 2.3.png (160 KB, 1853x818) Image search: [Google]
stalker mod choosing guide 2.3.png
160 KB, 1853x818
>>332669243
the link provided includes all you need, including the translation mod.

In case you get interested of trying something different, here's a helpful mod-choosing chart for all 3 games.

>>332669327
I haven't really touched SoC mods after ~2013, at which point ZoA was well out of beta stages. Even then, you had to do some weird voodoo with binoculars and item-placements in the inventory to start the mag-reload sequence, which worked with random results.

Even back then, people were already quickly moving over to modding CoP.
>>
>>332669583
Would you reccomend any of the global story replacements mods ? Im particulary interested in the Priboi story mod. Have you tried it, are any of them worth it ?
>>
File: CS TFW - Gaydar.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CS TFW - Gaydar.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
>>332669990
I must admit I'm not too experienced with such mods. The closest things would be these few sandbox mods, like The Faction War 3.8 and Call Of Chernobyl, which do remove the original plot and change the MC as well.

I've heard a lot about Priboi over the years. Seems like a mod worth testing out. I recall people calling it a tad difficult though, and it may not offer as much fancy stuff as the modern mods, but definitely worth checking out.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.