[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
been a while since I've played, but how the fuck am i supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (62 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
62 KB, 460x215
been a while since I've played, but how the fuck am i supposed to get started here? cant get any better ores or equipment than the starter shit because no matter which direction I go, up, down, left or right, I keep getting shit all over by various monsters
>>
Git gud
>>
>>321753382
This, abusing knockback or making blocktraps you can kill nearly anything with the shittest gear, its only going to take you more time
>>
>play 2d minecraft for half an hour
>get enough supplies to kill eye
>kill it twice
>make some equipment with eye loot
>keep progressing
>before you kill the wall of flesh, go fishing
>don't open the crates you get, just stockpile them
>kill wall of flesh
>open crates
>use ores from crates to make armor.
ayy
>>
>>321753323
it's the holiday season, dingdong. open presents until you get a sword, pickaxe and hook and own everything until hardmode.
>>
>>321753323
The beginning of Terraria is quite brutal, but it gets faster quite early on.

The first thing you should do is explore all of the surface. Try to avoid the monsters in the corrupted areas, you can't fight them. On the surface you'll find some useful things (the cactus actually make you a pretty decent starting armor and a very big sword which is always useful) and if you are lucky some surface chests.

After that, begin building some small base and go underground, searching for caverns. It's not too dangerous (besides bat) and here you'll find a variety of useful things like gems (which you can use to craft you a grappling hook and magical items), heart pieces (to get more health) and more chests with the useful starting items (double jump above all). At this stage, ropes are your best friend, always bring tons of them with you together with your torch.

My personal suggestion for a quick and speed start is to craft yourself some good bow (silver or gold will suffice), 2-3000 frostburn arrows (which you make with frost torches, made combining torches and ice), then go to the jungle and fight everything ranged. Stingers from bees, vines and jungle spores are incredibly useful and make some of the best items of the early game and it's far easier to get them than to grind for gold armor.
>>
>>321753323
Want to co-op OP?
>>
>>321754156
>grind for gold armor.
Why not kill Eaters of Souls for a full set of ancient shadow armor early?
>>
>>321754156
cont.

If you want, there's another fast way. Exploring underground you will find grenades and bombs from basically everywhere, and this will unlock you the demolitionist NPC. Buy normal bombs or dynamite from him and use it to go to the corruption. Normally you'd need a special pickax to destroy those blocks but you can just blow them apart! Destroy either two hearts or two shadow orbs (not three, that will trigger the boss and you will die), take whatever they drop.

While you are here, combine 20 gel and a gold crown to make an item to summon the King Slime which has a big chance to drop his mount, one of the most OP items in the early game (you can jump on enemies like Mario does).

The Night after you destroy those two things you'll basically be guaranteed that a meteorite lands. Go search for it, get all the meteorite with dynamite and craft yourself a space gun + space armor (unlimited shots).

This is the fastest method, but I believe the jungle one is safer.
>>
>>321754418
I meant that you should do everything else rather than grind for the metal armors. They require too many materials and are easily outclassed.
>>
File: Royal_Gel.png (375 B, 32x30) Image search: [Google]
Royal_Gel.png
375 B, 32x30
>Not starting in Extreme mode and become the lord of Slimes
>>
How is the 3Ds version?
>>
IMO the first thing you should do is fish.

You get the best pre-hardmode pickaxe and can save up all the crates for super fast hardmode ores when you do hit it
>>
File: 1411501330870.jpg (215 KB, 855x1000) Image search: [Google]
1411501330870.jpg
215 KB, 855x1000
Anyone down for a new game for some slick co-co-op action?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/astraybat
>>
>>321756838
I'm game, put up a server.
>>
>>321755648
'salright. It's basically 1.2 with some stuff from 1.3 like fishing and minecarts.
>>
So is someone putting up a server or what?
>>
>no server
>>
File: hugefaggot.jpg (1 MB, 3240x1942) Image search: [Google]
hugefaggot.jpg
1 MB, 3240x1942
>>321753323
see
>>321753382
>>
>>321756838
Only if you do a dedicated SSC server where everyne starts from 0 that wont go down and be forgotten forever after 1 hour of playing.
>>
>>321753323
Abuse fishing if you are such a shitter
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.