[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got gifted this for my birthday from a friend, and while it seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: hand of fate.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hand of fate.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Got gifted this for my birthday from a friend, and while it seems to have a pretty short lifespan, Hand of Fate is damn fun. Now that roguelikes are taking off, do you think we'll ever see a AAA roguelike game?
>>
You mean roguelite Anon.

Also "AAA" doesn't mean shit. Dwarf Fortress is the best roguelike on the planet and it's being made by two dudes in a basement or something.
>>
i got this on games with gold.
still gotta play it anonpai
>>
>>332646658
>You mean roguelite Anon.

And then theres these hipsters.
>>
>>332646856
People need to get their facts right. Roguelike implies "like Rogue" which is an ASCII turn based RPG dungeon crawler.

The further you go from looking like Rogue, the less "roguelike" you are. Games that call themselves "roguelike" simply because there are randomly generated dungeons are called "dungeonlites" because really, they're not that much alike at all.

Take FTL. Does that fucking look anything like Rogue to you? No? Good. Then it's not Roguelike.
>>
>>332647549
So this is the face of autism
>>
>>332647657
Fuck off you petty little cunt. That anon is giving you facts and in turn you're whining all over the fucking thread.
>>
>>332648163
>That anon is giving you facts

The only fact here is that I'm calling Binding of Isaac, FTL and Darkest Dungeon Roguelikes.

Fact is, I can do that whether it triggers your autism-fit or not. Words mean what they are used to mean.
>>
>>332648356
Darkest Dungeon is the closest to a roguelike out of the three, but BoI and FTL are nothing like Rogue.
>>
>>332648356
>Binding of Isaac, FTL and Darkest Dungeon Roguelikes
>Words mean what they are used to mean.
Man, I bet you're the kind of faggot that calls a magazine of a firearm - a clip and then get all fussed up and mad when someone corrects them.

Those games aren't roguelikes and no amount of plugging your ears with your fingers and screaming "lalala I can't hear you" will make them into roguelikes. So go smoke a nigger dick.
>>
>>332647657
He's correct tho. Fuck off back to /r/ games you fucking faggot.
>>
Roguelite, you mean.

Great game, AWFUL AWFUL last boss which is just every boss in sequence in the most retarded way.
>>
Good roguelikes for phone? Already beat most of pixel dungeon
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.