[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EVE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: eve_online1.jpg (700 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
eve_online1.jpg
700 KB, 1280x800
How difficult is it to get into? Will I get anywhere if I just fuck around without joining any corps?
>>
It's not worth it at this point anon, you have to be in a big corp to get any enjoyment out of the game and you'll never ever catch up.
>>
>>332636061
Yeah you can, depends on what you want to do. But I'm not sure why you would as 90% of the game without a corp is getting cash and WAITING online or off for skills to advance.
>>
Trust me it's not worth it
>>
>>332636061
Just move on anon. Forget MMO's.
>>
It's atrociously bad, especially if you're not joining any corp\alliance or doing anything that involves nullsec.
>>
>>332636061
You can do okay if you join a corp, even though it'll still take a long time until you're flying something big and useful because of skill training.

On your own? Even affording a decent ship is going to take a long while. You'll either be hunting npc pirates, mining or scanning stuff. If you're never planning on getting in a corp, honestly play X3 instead.
>>
>>332636061
>Will I get anywhere if I just fuck around without joining any corps?
No.
>>
1.) EVE playerbase is dwindling, might as well be a dead game.
2.) Playing EVE without a Corps is slow as fuck to start and boring as hell.
>>
you are 12 years too late
>>
I feel kind of bad for this game because people joining now are at a massive disadvantage.

If you had started playing 5-10 years ago, you'd be alright, but it's too late now. Plus fewer and fewer people are playing it.
>>
>>332636375

Why do people think MMORPGs are a race? What MMORPG can a new user catch up with someone playing for 8 years? Do you want a ceiling to hit?
>>
>>332636061
>How difficult is it to get into?
You have to do your homework that's for sure

>Will I get anywhere if I just fuck around without joining any corps?
You can but it's going to be slow as fuck, corp that I joined gave me mining barge for free so that's a huge boost for me.

Well you can take it fast if you are a seasoned player which this is going to be your alter other wise take things slow, there's a whole universe full of dicks that willing to fuck you up to enjoy.
>>
>>332639651
I tried to get into it probably 8 years ago and it was already to late. Real time skill training was a novel idea hut should never be tried again
>>
File: eve-players-since2008.png (34 KB, 925x397) Image search: [Google]
eve-players-since2008.png
34 KB, 925x397
>>332636061
Played for 7 years post The Second Genesis and stopped. This is what I say to all players looking to start if they've read a PC gamer article or some shit:

>Playerbase is at an all time low, some devs have jumped ship
>CCP loves bigging up massive battles and tales of treachery with regards to big corps / alliances
>Actually battles this scale are piss boring because they last 10 hours due to time dilation
>Game is friendlier (compared to when I played) to new players but still feels like throwing a new swimmer into the Atlantic
>Solo EVE is piss boring, corps provide support and advice
>Every career that isn't combat orientated is piss boring and you will see many bots trading and mining
>You will spend AT LEAST 2 years to specialize in what you want to do and do it effectively
>>
File: image.jpg (408 KB, 2538x2538) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
408 KB, 2538x2538
>MMOs will never be great again
>>
File: 1458644774174.jpg (22 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1458644774174.jpg
22 KB, 480x480
>>332641845
B-b-b-but Black Desert will change everything, right? Like every MMO that's hyped up?
>>
>>332641248

A couple of years ago you could be a vital asset to a corp within 6 months by ratting and getting a t2 fighter ship because medium size ships guns couldn't track you or something at least how it was explained to me.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.