[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hardest levels in games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9
pic related

seriously, what the hell was this level. The game as a whole was really challenging in a way that Lucasarts did in quite a few games, notable the previous JK game and Star Wars Bounty Hunter, in that it featured labyrinthine, tricky levels with some mind bogglingly obscure puzzles and passages that had me searching for hours in frustration. It also left no hints. It was actually brilliant, I can think of few games that do that.

This level however, stands out above the rest, and is the single most frustrating level I've played in any game. It starts in a cantina and you have to quickly saber a bunch of bandits, including the suicidal Gran, who throw thermal detonators everywhere. Then it takes you out onto a series of narrow walkways on multiple levels, with Rodian snipers appearing anywhere and everywhere who incinerate you with a single shot, and never, ever miss. If you stand still, you're dead, so you have to implement cover at every turn and look around at every possibly nook and cranny for snipers, who can kill you instantly from any range. Not only that, but the Gran bastards throw thermal detonators from above, and there are Weequay with bowcasters. So you have to take out multiple enemies on a narrow walkway and cannot stop for fear of being sniped. Not only that, but there are some insane puzzles to solve.

This game is challenging all round, especially in the later levels, but I truly think the Nar Shaddaa level was designed with intense frustration in mind. It's a brilliant level, but I was glad when it was over.
>>
>>332633423
Hidden Valley.
>>
File: 1413358535269.jpg (31 KB, 436x445) Image search: [Google]
1413358535269.jpg
31 KB, 436x445
>>332633423
>finally get the lightsaber so the player is excited as fuck to take it for a spin
>that is the level you're put in immediately afterwards
>>
>>332633518
The one where snipers acquire their targets?
>>
File: 1426458982730.jpg (143 KB, 675x1000) Image search: [Google]
1426458982730.jpg
143 KB, 675x1000
>>332633423
>step outside
>instant auto force speed to dodge million fucking disruptor rifle shots
>run out of force

That said auto blocking and auto force speed were some of the best individual ideas of JK2.
>>
>>332633423

Great Crystal in FFXII
>>
>>332634262

If I remember correctly you couldn't block the disruptor rifles. Those weapons were insanely powerful and instant.

Force speed came in handy particularly in the later levels with the stormtrooper hordes.
>>
>>332634610
You can't block them, but force speed activates automatically and you dodge them when you get shot and have enough force for it.
This might be dependent on difficulty level though.
IGN's walkthrough refers to it as well.
http://www.ign.com/faqs/2004/star-wars-jedi-knight-ii-jedi-outcast-walkthrough-pc-546840
>Fire from a Disruptor Rifle will automatically
trigger Force Speed so the Jedi can dodge it
>>
>>332635513

huh...that never happened for me..did you play it on XBOX or Gamecube?

I recall for my second play through having to consult a walkthrough often.
>>
>>332633423
Currently playing this for the first time and just got past that. Only hard part about that level is the jump to the garbage skiff. Hell, i thought you were meant to go a different way. The rest can just be sneak killed.
>>
>>332633423

Nah that level was great. It was also such a kek because it was the first level after you got your lightsabre and then it's full of snipers and no chance to actually use it.

I'm sure they did this on purpose for some reason. To let your know you can't just cheese your way through it.

I really like that level though, but yeah I remember it being hard. The Jedi Knight games always had some really good/weird level design though. Always had to go in places you didn't think you were even able or supposed to reach.
>>
>>332633423
>>332634023
this was cool in a way
>fight tons of shitty stormtroopers
>get lightsaber
>look forward to murdering tons of stormtroopers with ease now
>get level full of rodian snipers and grenade throwing trandoshans instead

a humbling experience
>>
>>332639130

This. A lot of the correct routes felt like secret areas, Like you had to jump out of the elevator roof to a railing that was so narrow you didn't even think you could walk on it
>>
File: og.jpg (78 KB, 894x628) Image search: [Google]
og.jpg
78 KB, 894x628
>>
File: 1438437949786.jpg (160 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1438437949786.jpg
160 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>332639338
I remember that level scarring me for the remainder of the game so much that I never used the lightsaber again in the entire game except against those armored stormtroopers and bosses because they were the only force uses I couldn't down with a smart use of Kyle Katarn's arsenal.
>>
>>332640571
fucking impossible
>>
I can't remember its name but it's the section below the Depths in Dark Souls. Fuck the entire section and fuck the naked woman-spider boss of that section
>>
Artificial difficulty does not equal hard
>>
File: goonsquad.jpg (91 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
goonsquad.jpg
91 KB, 640x480
It's the section right before these guys, in the Force Unleashed.

I can always kill both the walkers at the bottom of the level and get the graviton beams up, and then clear a few levels, but there's very little health throughout the whole room.

And the save point is just before you enter it, so you have to do the whole damn thing over again when you fail.

If it's just 'git gud' I suppose it's my fault, but it seems like poor design to me. Tried to find a larger picture but I couldn't. It's before you get into the Emperor's chamber in the death star.
>>
File: 060424.jpg (373 KB, 692x1951) Image search: [Google]
060424.jpg
373 KB, 692x1951
"Hard" doesn't necessarily mean difficult.

Judi Benson was still great as Ariel's voice... but the rest... eughhh...
>>
File: KingdomHeartsCoMCover_.jpg (52 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
KingdomHeartsCoMCover_.jpg
52 KB, 256x256
Fight against shadow Riku as both Sora and Riku are bullshit.
>>
File: Man muncher.jpg (48 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
Man muncher.jpg
48 KB, 300x297
>>
>>332639506

Tell me about it. They did this in the previous JK games and Bounty Hunter too.

Two examples from Outcast -

On Artus Prime there's some kind of cargo checkpoint. To get through it you have to disable a fire machine by climbing through a retractable pipe under a ledge from earlier in the level.

In the pretty lame sneaking mission through the Imperial stronghold you have to sneak through a room filled with officers and troopers. There's a door leading into it but you're caught the instant you go in. Look above and there's a very faint glimmer of light illuminating a ledge. You have to force jump up there and go through a vent.
>>
>>332641746
BlightTown
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.