[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
risk of rain thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Risk_of_Rain_Cover.png (36 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Risk_of_Rain_Cover.png
36 KB, 300x300
risk of rain thread
>>
File: community_image_1429543576.png (199 KB, 742x670) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1429543576.png
199 KB, 742x670
wtb host pst
>>
looking for an eu host ?
>>
>>332633353
am au, but will join
>>
>>332633542
sorry for the question mark,i meant to say that i'm looking for an host
>>
>>
is ti possible to buy an host to play ? if yes,how much lag is there going to be ?
>>
Have things been slowing down in RoR threads?
>>
>>332635165
i do believe that since easter ended now everybody is at work or in class or still sleeping,right now for me is 13:42 PM what about you ?
>>
>>332635315
I'm actually away from my PC on mid-semester break.
Perhaps that new indie game will also affect the number of playes. Hyper Light Drifter I think?
>>
>>332634302
just pirate it or w/e
lag depends on whoever is hosting and if people are playing from nearby or from the other side of the planet
>>
>>332636890
>Perhaps that new indie game will also affect the number of playes. Hyper Light Drifter I think?
depends,is it multiplayer online ?
>>
>>332634302
Yeah like >>332636925 says, just google Risk of Rain mega.co.nz & it should be the first result. You don't have to feel bad, the game is buggy as shit anyway.

There are a few steps you should follow before you host but damn me for not screenshooting it or copying the text.

>>332637185
It isn't far as I know, but perhaps it scratches the craving for pixelated goodness, whoever that applies to.

Games like RoR are few & far in between: simple story, light, multiplayer, easy to learn but hard to master, easy to just jump in... Best part is that no effort was wasted trying to pimp it out more than a game of its caliber deserves.
>>
>>332636925
>>332637356
i do believe that you misunderstood what i meant with host,so i will try with different words,i already have the game,should i buy a server/client so there is no lag ?
>>
AUSSIE HOST STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE
COME FOR THE LAG
STAY FOR THE CRASH

>>
File: RoR guide v5.png (224 KB, 1000x1750) Image search: [Google]
RoR guide v5.png
224 KB, 1000x1750
Posting a guide I made last year. Needs a little updating, but still mostly holds true.

>>332637495
If I'm understanding you right, there is no dedicated server option. You'd have to script it yourself if you want to do that.
>>
>>332637680
wait a moment buddy,i'm coming
>>
>>332637495
Ah, yeh, no option for dedicated server. Host has to be one of the players. Doubt there are any work arounds for that either.

The game itself is really light so I don't think going for a dedicated server will do much to improve connection issues, which are largely latency due to distance from host.
>>
>>332637812
There are a couple more guides that are more up-to-date but not as exhaustive as yours.

Chargefield generator is a risk for certain crashing so don't pick it up.
>>
>>332637680
OPEN FOR ANOTHER GAME
SOMEONE COME JOIN US

>>332638569
>Chargefield generator is a risk for certain crashing so don't pick it up.
Yeah, wasn't a known fact when I made it though.
>>
pamp
>>
>>332637680
The monsters won. Providence was slain.

READY FOR ANOTHER CRASH LANDING
>>
>http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=496187849

Apparently the clover cap is 65.

Where do people get these random numbers and formulas?
>>
>>332641884
WE DIED A GLORIOUS DEATH
READY UP ANOTHER LIFEBOAT OF VICTIMS
>>
Is there a Risk of Rain song? I don't mean the soundtrack, I mean someone must have written up a song we can laugh at already.
>>
>>332637680
Back to being on my own. If nobody joins before the hour strikes, I'm off to bed. 8 minutes and counting down.
>>
>>332637680
>>332643992
G'night /v/, I'm off for tonight.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.