[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I played this game for my first time today. Some pictures are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: HWL 3DS.jpg (204 KB, 759x680) Image search: [Google]
HWL 3DS.jpg
204 KB, 759x680
I played this game for my first time today. Some pictures are blurred and a lot of time in game are running on 45FPS or less. My reaction was
> WTF is this shit ! Why did I buy it !

So my question is :
Is there any way to improve game's quality ?
>>
>>332632595
Get the WiiU version
>>
>>332632595
>I played this game for my first time today. Some pictures are blurred and a lot of time in game are running on 45FPS or less. My reaction was
>So my question is :
>Is there any way to improve game's quality ?
Play with a New 3ds. That way it has better framerate than the Wii U, with the 3d off. Or just turn off the 3d if you're already playing on a New 3ds.
>>
>>332632595

blurred?
45 fps?
wtf
game is totally fine on new
>>
File: tetra.jpg (711 KB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
tetra.jpg
711 KB, 4000x4000
>>332632595

Yeah, I played the demo a few days ago and I can say I wasn't impressed with this version. Only one new area and in order to cram everything into the 3DS the amount of enemies was scaled down.

The hammer isn't as fun as I thought it would be either.

I did really like the ocarina for teleporting, and being able to command my partner to a different area so they aren't just sitting around with a thumb up their ass.

I think the most mileage I would be getting out of this would be using all the new characters and weapons, of which will soon all be available for the U version anyway. I'm hoping they at least include the alternative costumes as well.
>>
>>332632642
I have the WiiU version, just want to play with friends everywhere.

>>332632865
Oh thanks, then it's because I play on my O3DS. Then I have to buy N3DS.
>>
>>332633234
>Only one new area and in order to cram everything into the 3DS the amount of enemies was scaled down.
Two new areas actually. (The three Wind Waker islands and then the fusion of the Earth and Wind temples).

They've also tweaked the progression of the story mode due to the partner control system, adding more keep invasions in almost all Legend stages in order to force the player to use multiple characters.
>>
File: hwl.png (1 MB, 646x796) Image search: [Google]
hwl.png
1 MB, 646x796
>>332633808

Ah, my bad. I didn't even know the temples existed. I was trying to avoid story spoilers out of some hope that the U might get the story content.
>>
>>332632595
>45 fps
I was hearing that it ran at more like 15 fps on the O3DS and that enemies popped in a ton.
>>
File: 1429042081719.jpg (56 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
1429042081719.jpg
56 KB, 500x707
>>332634391

Dunno anything about fps stuff, but there is a lot of enemy pop in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ37PqNUXcc
>>
>>332632595
>Some pictures are blurred
That's 3DS for you
>and a lot of time in game are running on 45FPS or less
It never reaches 45, N3DS runs at a pretty stable 30

>Is there any way to improve game's quality ?
Shell out the money for a N3DS
>>
File: 1420662539471.png (435 KB, 509x588) Image search: [Google]
1420662539471.png
435 KB, 509x588
>>332634487

>watches rest of videos
>did the same thing to the stone head with the hammer
>mfw Cia was revived
>the smile couldn't be protected, but it came back
>>
>>332632595
Buy a n3DS, fag
>>
>>332632865
>>332635231
>>332636142
>Nintendo intentionally releasing a game for the 3DS that is practically unplayable without a N3DS just to lure people into buying one
They can't keep getting away with this.
>>
File: 1383519381712.jpg (160 KB, 715x588) Image search: [Google]
1383519381712.jpg
160 KB, 715x588
>>332636416

Yeah, big fan of Nintendo stuff here, but putting all this content on the 3DS rather then making it new content for the U version was a pretty dick move, especially when the game is clearly not built for any 3DS other then the new models.

Off topic, but this is what I'm worried about with the rumors of that PlayStation 4.5. I haven't gotten the PS4 yet, but I fear Sony might try something similar to this, making more and more new games that can only run on 4.5 to make people buy the new version.
>>
>Looked up the WW storyline
>Its about wrapping up the loose ends of Lana and Cia's relationship

Does this mean that they wont dominate the story of the next Hyrule Warriors?
>>
>>332637743
It's painfully obvious that the only reason Nintendo didn't make HWL a N3DS exclusive like Xenoblade was because they could "manage" to make it run on the O3DS. An anon managaed to force Xenoblade onto his O3DS and the game ran at a silky smooth 5 fps. It's a rather Jewish move but that's what companies do. The right thing to have done would to be make it a N3DS exclusive, the profitable thing to do is scam the mindless masses that haven't upgraded into buying a shitty port.
>>
>>332637743
>but putting all this content on the 3DS rather then making it new content for the U version was a pretty dick move
It wasn't a dick move, it was because people kept asking for a mobile version, and its common practice to include extra content in those to make them more attractive. Grow up.

>I fear Sony might try something similar to this, making more and more new games that can only run on 4.5 to make people buy the new version.
No shit nigger, it's almost like that's part the whole fucking reason for doing that.
>>
>>332638064
Don't worry, they'll just make new OCs for that.
>>
>>332636416
They intentionally released it on the o3ds, because otherwise, they would've been swarmed by faggots complaining about the N3DS exclusive.

Nintendo basically shrugged and said "okay, if you really want it". If you actually buy that already gimped version that still runs like this, then you're an idiot.
>>
>>332638064
>>332638308
With how hard of a boner they have for her, they'll probably bring Lana back.

Cia won't come back originally, but fan demand might bring her back as DLC.
>>
>>332638425
I have no issues with them existing as player characters in-game since they have unique movesets like the summoning shit that other preexisting Zelda characters wouldn't be able to use.

But wasting an entire crossover exploring their narrative instead of having fun with the crossover stuff felt like a missed opportunity. Characters only really interact with the HW universe or other characters from their own games.
>>
File: 1420673333498.jpg (303 KB, 649x926) Image search: [Google]
1420673333498.jpg
303 KB, 649x926
>>332638235

Wow, who put a bug up your ass today?

> it was because people kept asking for a mobile version

Huh. Didn't even know there was demand for a portable version..

>it's almost like that's part the whole fucking reason for doing that.

Seemed like a kneejerk reaction to Nintendo about to release their new console soon, dicking over the millions who just got the PS4 is even more ridiculous then the 3DS situation. For Sony's sake i hope it's just a rumor.
>>
File: 1442339353445.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442339353445.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
>>332638064

I've heard Koei is taking an interest in making another spinoff of another of Nintendo's franchises, like Mario or Pokemon.

Personally I think Kid Icarus would be perfect for the Musou games style.
>>
>>332640765
I'm sure they'll stick with Zelda for a while on top of whatever else they work on with Nintendo. It's been a runaway success, there's still a ton of stuff to add before the character well starts to dry up and they have a new big game on the horizon to start pulling from. I'd be shocked if the NX didn't get some type of HW release.

Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus are probably the best picks if you're looking at Nintendo's other franchises though. The Mario universe, Kirby and Pokemon are terrible fits, Star Fox doesn't have a lot of characters, Metroid has like maybe 10 characters who's designs would be usable in a musou without resorting to OCs and everything else probably wouldn't even be considered.
>>
Do I miss out on anything in WiiU by playing the 3DS version?
>>
>>332641708
I think the only thing the 3DS version doesn't get it that challenge mode with giant ganon and giant cucoo, which from what I'm aware of is a dogshit mode. if anything you miss out on alot more by not buying the 3ds version.

If you're lucky some anons have been giving away their character codes for legends because they don't have a wii-u. I gave mine away last night for example.
>>
>>332641708
3DS version has more of what matters. You also get pretty much all of the previous DLC for free + a code to add all the characters from 3DS to WiiU.
3DS is right now the definitive version when it comes to gameplay. WiiU is for pretty graphic and waifuing.
>>
>>332632595
>lot of time in game are running on 45FPS
considering you don't have the tools to know this I'll just sage and hide from there I guess
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.