[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mad Max
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: pic.php.jpg (25 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
pic.php.jpg
25 KB, 250x350
Help, I don't know if I should buy this or not. The reviews on release were so-so but now the Steam reviews are pretty good but those mouthbreathers usually just have shit taste.

Is it any good or is the open world empty and dead as fuck?

How does it compare to RAGE?
>>
Its pretty ok, not worth 60, 15 probably, i say buy it
>>
Has great sound quality, roaring engines, awesome explosions, great car chases

After a while it'll all feel very samey though, a lot more shit could have been added
>>
>>332632110
It was okay desu. Wait for it to get cheaper
>>
The world is great and its fun for some time but there's a lot of arbitrary bullshit like clearing camps
>>
>>332632308
It's 25 eurobucks right now. Wait or buy?
>>
>>332632360
i would but im a faggit
>>
>>332632360
Buy
>>
Do you like Mad Max, cars, explosions, and deserts?

Then yes, you should.

If you said no to the first point, then probably not.
>>
>>332632432
>>332632398
Done.

Thanks /v/
>>
>>332632110
I got it and played for awhile. The early parts are really fun. Smashing other cars and seeing that fireball is amazingly satisfying. As you get stronger and your car gets a bit over powered, you can swap with weaker cars and play on self imposed hard mode.

The thing that really got me was how "mad max" the game felt. The characters felt like they could have been in one of the main movies. The world felt very "max". Slugging a guy and then blowing his head in with the sawed-off felt right. The team really hit the mad max feel quite well.

It is a sand box so it does drag on in the end but I honestly finished it no problem. Again, driving a car threw the gates of a stronghold, beating a bunch of psycotic mooks, and then blowing the place up is great.

For the 25-30 its on sale for regularly, snag it.
>>
One of the most forgettable games of the last year.
After 2 hours you've already done everything you can in the game.
>>
>>332632110
Take it from me

I beat the game

It's just far cry with more punching in third person like batman
>>
You dont play as mad max and you dont drive the car and you dont have the dog with you

Its fucking shit
>>
+ looks good
+ sounds good
+ they took their time to make the enemy strongholds different looking instead of just copypasting them like in Just Cause 2

- most tasks are of checklist-quality
- poorly thought out game mechanics that can be either ignored or get obsolete relatively early
- worst "radio towers" I've ever seen
- first half of the game world is filled with vistas while the second half is almost devoid of them, with half of it consisting of a barren desert
- story is fucking bananas
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.