[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shill XV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1459171216626.jpg (14 KB, 216x250) Image search: [Google]
1459171216626.jpg
14 KB, 216x250
Seeing a lot of shill threads about a certain sub-1080p sub-30fps Japanese RPG today...
>>
>>332630662
>Highly anticipated game that's been hyped for a decade had a press conference with a lot of news last night, and just released a playable teaser and anime
>Not expecting discussion for it

What the fuck were you expecting
>>
Pingu no like shills
>>
I don't really get why people are excited by it

The only gameplay I've seen of it so far is "press this button to watch a canned animation play" and if the game is incredibly long like Final Fantasy games tend to be you are going to watch the same canned animations play over and over and over again
I saw parts of that animated Square Enix movie and thought it sucked so the prospect of long cutscenes doesn't really excite me either

Granted, the only Final Fantasy I ever played was 13, I thought it was shit and dropped it pretty quick, so maybe I'm just not the target audience for this stuff
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 768x1024
Not sure if it's really an RPG anymore anyway.
>>
>>332630662
I fucking hate this shill meme.

This is a video game board.
People are going to discuss video games.

Which reminds me...

NOT VIDYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>332630956
13 is easily the worst game in the series next to 2 so you picked a silly place to start
>>
>>332630956
>watch the same canned animations play over and over and over again
Welcome to every Final Fantasy every, from turn based, to ATB, to the recent FFXIII sort of atb sort of press x to win or grindmoarfaggot

Final Fantasy always involves the same animation being used literally thousands of times

at the same time, most games do this. There are only so many animations that can be applied to an "attack."

These games were made for story, not gameplay. It's only in the more recent iterations that RPG's have had to change up their formula to keep up with the rest of the market, and even then, it's still fundamentally a back-and-forth combat RPG. This is the first numbered release where players can actively jump, not just approach areas that force a jump animation, and that's enough change to make it feel totally foreign to the final fantasy franchise. Use that knowledge for perspective of this series regarding its animations

You're not the target audience if you're expecting dynamic and fast paced combat. You're the target audience if you enjoy unique worlds, characters, premises and stories. Also if you have 400 hours to burn.

___

Anyway as for this thread

>>>/trash/
>>
>>332631331
>You're not the target audience if you're expecting dynamic and fast paced combat

Except this is literally how it's going to be.
>>
>>332630662
>Huge event happened where a shitton was revealed about a game 10 years in the making
Are you seriously this stupid?
>>
>>332631432
Just because this applies to XV does not mean it applies to the series, of which I was alluding to. My apologies for not making that clear.
>>
>>332631725

Apologoy accepted, because I didn't even read the rest of your post :DD
>>
>>332631065
>we aren't a meme guys!
real posters know the rules and keep it i one thread. especially when it go as far as editing the same pic in several versions to allow the "same file" bot
>>
>>332631912
You read down to the last line, and then didn't finish the line?
>>
>>332631331
a FF battle goes way faster than spintowin Witcher garbage though.
>>
>>332630662

BUY SQUAD
>>
>>332632027
Speed isn't in question here anon,
It's the amount of times an animation is used in a given time frame
>>
File: 1332832649979.jpg (34 KB, 303x404) Image search: [Google]
1332832649979.jpg
34 KB, 303x404
>>332630662
STOP TALKING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES ON A VIDEO GAMES BOARD.

ESPECIALLY A GAME FROM A MASSIVELY POPULAR SERIES OF RPGS

ESPECIALLY WHEN NEW DETAILS AND A RELEASE DATE HAS JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED

If you don't like people discussing video games on a video games board
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>332632140
>RPGS

Final Fantasy is a JRPG
>>
Post yfw Cactuars are faster than Noctis' warp strike and dodging thousand needles is going to be nigh impossible
>>
>>332632140
It's much more interesting to circlejerk over Twitter drama, apparently.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.