[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be european >miss FFXV event because it happened at 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 281x179) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 281x179
>be european
>miss FFXV event because it happened at 4 AM

Redpill me on FFXV
>>
It's like Kingdom Hearts but Final Fantasy.
>>
File: FFXV.webm (737 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
FFXV.webm
737 KB, 960x540
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AptAyPIL88
>>
Someone post the falling webm
>>
You don't know what "redpilling" means.
It's a retarded term, and you're using it wrong.
Fuck off.
>>
File: 8976789.jpg (621 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
8976789.jpg
621 KB, 1080x608
>>332625656
XV comes out Sept 30
platinum demo out now to try, just a tech demo that'll give a summon in the main game if you complete it, very small on story elements
first episode of a XV anime out on youtube now
there will be a cg movie as well before the game comes out. strange voice actor choices, seeing as some of the chacters voices will be different in the movie and game
some pachinko looking game on mobile announced, will also be one of the minigames included in main game
pre-orders up, $270 collectors edition sold out, deluxe edition still up
>>
>>332628461
Red pill me on the red pill
>>
>>332628461

but i want to stay in my bluepill world :^)

>>332628504

mmm... allright thanks, guess i'll go digging around for impressions about the demo
>>
>>332629249
just play it, it's about an hour long and it's free
>>
>>332627902
So this is either running on a PC or the new PS4.5

That's alot of shit being rendered and still maintaining 60fps

The fucking demo can't even stay above 20fps in small area
>>
File: 1338589195411.jpg (80 KB, 459x304) Image search: [Google]
1338589195411.jpg
80 KB, 459x304
>>332628504
>some of the chacters voices will be different in the movie and game
Did one of the voice actors die or something?
>>
Just woke up too. In the presentation, did they say when the PC demo is coming out? Or no release date just yet?
>>
File: wojakcrying.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
wojakcrying.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
>>332629412

i don't own a ps4
>>
>>332629605
PC is coming out along with the new Chrono game
>>
File: 1337541406720.jpg (48 KB, 350x466) Image search: [Google]
1337541406720.jpg
48 KB, 350x466
>>332629678
There's literally no reason to own a PS4 before XV; KH3 and Last Guardian are all truly out
>mfw people bought a PS3 for them
>>
>>332629472
Lena Headey is the voice of Luna in the movie, but she confirmed she is not doing the voice work of the game
Sean Bean is the king in the movie, yet the king in the demo and game trailers is not voiced by him

they are good choices, but it's weird to cast the same character with different actors in the game and movie.
>>
>>332628461
Don't worry. Once it's spammed enough times, no one will literally give a fuck about its original meaning anymore. Just like "literally".
>>
>>332629447

It's all just pre-rendered. Nothing is running in real time.

We're just gonna have to be patient and wait for the inevitable PC release to play it as it was meant to be played, unlocked FPS and all.
>>
File: 1338846297169.png (237 KB, 555x569) Image search: [Google]
1338846297169.png
237 KB, 555x569
>>332630249
>unlocked FPS
>gameplay still tied to FPS count
Search your heart, you know it to be true.
>>
>>332630475

It is, after all, the Japanese way to do things in a retarded way for no reason.
>>
File: 1.jpg (22 KB, 400x335) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
22 KB, 400x335
I forgot to pay my internet bill, and my internet got shut off right as they were on stage. I missed the whole fucking event. I haven't cried in a long time but this was almost enough.
>>
>>332629790
Bloodborne.

And notably, you forgot about Persona 5.
>>
>>332625656
>woke up at 3.50am because the dog was pacing around
>let dog out for pee
>realise that FF thing was on
>watch the whole thing
>upset that they spoke for two hours and still said nothing
>get up groggy for work at 7.30

HATE LIFE
>>
>>332625656
BIIIIIIIIITCH
>>
>>332631428
what exactly were you expecting from this?
>>
>>332629790
>tfw waiting 10 years for two of those games

The 13 year old inside me is happy but mad at the same time
>>
the scenes about the different cities and locations are the ones that hyped me up the most. also that vocaloid song sounded very similar to nier, so hopefully that means they're taking strong influence from that game.
i wanna die
>>
File: literallywho.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
literallywho.webm
3 MB, 960x540
Alright infodump. I'll probably clean this up and repost later but here goes

They structured the event as an "uncovering" of 14 points:
1) Sakaguchi opened the event and claims XV is a return to form for the series. It was hard to tell whether he actually meant it or if SE is just bribing him somehow. He stayed in the audience for the rest of the event along with Amano and Shimomura; they did a little Q&A session with Tabata and whatshisface from the ATRs in the postshow but it wasn't particularly illuminating. Uematsu also recorded a video endorsing the game but couldn't make it because of some upcoming event.

2) They showed a new trailer "Reclaim Your Throne," decent but not amazing; briefly showed a previously unknown female party member(probably just a guest) outside Lestallum, see attached webm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C05PC_dGjsw

3) As you probably heard in the trailer, Florence + the Machine is doing a cover of Stand By Me for the game. I've seen it floated that it's the theme song(like My Hands for XIII) but I'm not sure this is confirmed yet.

4)They showed off a 3D visualization of the banner artwork done by Amano(link) where it turns out the whole thing is actually just a projection of the XV logo or some shit. Kinda weird/cool. Also that artwork will serve as the boxart for the collector's editions and according to Amano was apparently actually created ten years ago back when the game was still VsXIII.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OAILanObTM

5)More gameplay. Focus on the chocobo and car, also some brief combat. Nothing particularly noteworthy.
>>
>>332632718
6) Environment trailer. We see Altissia in game for the first time, an absolutely gorgeous shot of Lucis at dawn, also Tenebrae for the first time ever outside of concept art. Overall it is slightly underwhelming, most of the cities look like an upgraded version of XIV's graphics, but they're absolutely fuckhueg and look to be fully explorable. Based on the quality of the environment and gameplay shots it seems highly likely that they use a slightly different render configuration for the closeups/cutscenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZYNC4JZ_2c

7) A five-part anime miniseries called Brotherhood: FFXV is being made which will serve as background for Noct, Ignis, Prompto, and Gladio's relationship. They made it sound like a prequel but based on the first episode it seems like it might jump around the timeline a bit with some intrusion into the events of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsVhwsUFaDE

8) There's a CG/live action-composite feature length film called Kingsglaive that will talk about what happens back in Lucis while Noct and co. are out trying to retrieve the crystal or whatever. It'll be distributed digitally and as a companion disc with limited and collector's editions of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP8EgMUVmwk

9) SE and Audi apparently partnered to create a special one-of-a-kind R8 model which will serve as the Regalia in Kingsglaive. Yeah I know, kinda stupid but for some reason they considered this a "reveal"

10)Somehow SE managed to recruit Sean Bean, Lena Hadley(Game of Thrones), and Aaron Paul(Breaking Bad) as actors in Kingsglaive. Most /v/tards will probably think this is irrelevant and/or a waste of money but it could go a ways in attracting mainstream consumers.
>>
>>332632874
11)There's some kind of weird pinball minigame that's also being released as a standalone app for mobile devices. Interestingly the branding for said app doesn't obviously connect to XV, it really is it's own thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g3_q2k6tAc

12) Another demo was released called the Platinum Demo which follows Noctis in some kind of dream/nightmare as a child. It's supposed to be a showcase for the game's final graphical quality and combat, though some have complained that it's not very polished and there are still framerate drops and issues with the combat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pWlmyEvc2U

13)There are two collector's editions. The first(the "deluxe" edition) is pretty barebones, comes with a steel case and BD of Kingsglaive + some bonus DLC. The second comes with that plus a BD of Brotherhood, the official XV Artbook, an exclusive version of the soundtrack, a Noctis figurine and even more DLC bonuses. The deluxe edition is $90 and the super duper collector's edition is $270 and is already sold out because there were only 30,000 copies available. You can still get on the waitlist though if you want to try.

14) Kind of a waste since it was already leaked, but the release date was revealed. Tabata came out and did this weird gag involving the "button" that would finally unveil the release date, it was pretty cringey. Date as you should know by now is Sept. 30th.

Also at the last minute Tabata revealed a "secret" final point. After he spoke, they showed another trailer composed of footage from all the other stuff which ultimately revealed that 15) The "airship" in the game is actually the car. It can transform and take off in a sort of similar fashion to skells/dolls in XCX
>>
Flying car now.

I don't know. Not sure how I feel about all this.
>>
>>332629886
What the hell is the point of this?

I mean, every single other Final Fantasy character since Advent Children have had a "canon" English voice actor.
>>
File: ffxvJP.jpg (332 KB, 1197x1500) Image search: [Google]
ffxvJP.jpg
332 KB, 1197x1500
>>332633032
Additional information:

No PC version was announced, although in the stage demonstration for the Platinum Demo the Square rep used a logitech controller and in combination with other various leaks and rumors it's pretty much confirmed, it's just a matter of when(it probably won't be available launch day but the delay is anyone's guess)

The boxart for the JP version has been revealed and is said to be reversible, with one side the traditional logo-on-white and other other side pic related. Presumably with the more international approach of this game, the art will be the same for all regions.

Also the link for the final trailer is here https://youtu.be/tcTbHw7E1_0?t=5m46s at 5:46
>>
>>332629605
PC version comes out neber eber.
>>
>>332625656
>miss FFXV event because it happened at 4 AM
>being this much of a pleb
>not staying up and watching it with the German or French streams
>not playing video games until then
>>
>>332633321
why does the dude on the left have to carry all the shit?
>>
File: get a load of this guy.gif (492 KB, 500x576) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy.gif
492 KB, 500x576
>>332629790
>there are actually people who did that
>>
>>332633321
>and in combination with other various leaks and rumors it's pretty much confirmed, it's just a matter of when(it probably won't be available launch day but the delay is anyone's guess)

I want to believe that. I can wait, I'm not eager to play it on release day, but somehow I have a really uneasy feeling. They will probably tease us for 3 years or something.
>>
>>332633512
Because he's a big guy.
>>
>>332633640
If I had to guess I'd say it actually already works, it's just that they don't want to have to take on the nightmare of doing QA for PR and/or the ensuing PR nightmare, and don't want to delay the game just so PCucks can brag
>>
>>332632718
>>332632874
>>332633032
>>332633321
Thanks for this. Game seems underwhelming after waiting for so many years
>>
>>332634191
>QA for PR
sorry I meant QA for PC
>>
The demo has input lag

What the fuck
>>
>>332632874
>>>332632874
>CG/live action-composite
It's fully CG
>>
>>332636310
m8 I will eat my shoe if it's 100% CG

they can technically get away with calling it cg if it's composited
>>
>>332636493
>m8 I will eat my shoe if it's 100% CG
They already confirmed it's being animated by Visual Works Studio which is SEs own internal CG studio who did Advent Children and all the CGI for FF games and a few of the western ones, and we also know that Marza Animation Planet is working on it with them, a few months back a Marza animator listed FFXV on his linkdin account
>>
>>332636814
don't get me wrong like 90% of it is definitely CG but I have great difficulty believing some of it, particularly the faces, are CG, especially considering how the "actors" differ greatly from the way their characters look in the game

the only defense i'd accept is that they did some kind of advanced face/motion capture, which is still at the very least is skirting the boundary between live action and cgi
>>
>>332637078
It's just the visual style, but that is all definitely CG

Marza animation work on actual films by the way, not just game CG
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.