[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come fucking From Software of all things consistently produce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
How come fucking From Software of all things consistently produce top tier english voice acting when nearly every other game does it so much worse?
>>
They don't have a lot of spoken lines in their games, so they can afford to pay a little more for decent actors than if they had a lot of spoken dialog.
>>
They collectively hire an acting troupe who all know each other and already have good chemistry. Because there are almost no cutscenes, the actors are free to emote however they want without being constrained by Japanese soap opera directing. They are saying things that are at least approximating western fantasy dialogue instead of trying to force themselves through a bunch of Japanese concepts and words.

It's a bunch of things working together.
>>
>>332622141
I love dark souls dialogue, I always listen to them talk they sound fantastic every time.
>>
>top tier english voice acting
Wow you really don't know what good voice acting is, do you?
>>
>>332622442
Here's your (You)
>>
File: ralph sad.jpg (24 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
ralph sad.jpg
24 KB, 400x296
>From Software will never make another Tenchu after Z bombed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVEeGtO0Px4
>>
>>332622141
They use British stage actors instead of anime voice over guys
>>
>>332622141
I honestly wouldn't call it good voice acting. Every line is pretty weird and stilted and they never interact with other characters. It's more to do with the sound design than the acting IMO.
>>
Because the voices are done by Englishmen who are actual trained actors instead the acting school dropouts that consist of America's "voice actors".
And also because the voices are English from the start, rather than being dubbed by an incompetent localisation studio.
>>
>>332622141

It's the script. The dialogue is really sparse, strange and etheral. The VAs get to spend more time on individual lines than in other games.
>>
1: UK actors
2: Sparse dialogue
3: Good writing and localization
4: UK actors

Basically thanks to Frognation.
>>
>>332622141
One thing I like is that they don't use the ones everyone else uses.
You don't hear Troy Baker or Yuri Lowenthal in souls and that's very refreshing.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.