[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you find new games to play?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1329860109.jpg (152 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
1329860109.jpg
152 KB, 700x467
How do you find new games to play?
>>
I don't have to play games to shitpost about them.
>>
>>332618334
This

Tired gamer general in disguise.
>>
File: 1442956888331.jpg (39 KB, 697x943) Image search: [Google]
1442956888331.jpg
39 KB, 697x943
I don't
>>
>>332618393
Honestly I can't tell if I like games anymore or if I play them purely for escapism. I can't believe I made a ~500 4chan machine for christmas
>>
>>332618238
"Games only you played" threads have been a good source for me for years now

Also recs based on your favorite games

randomly selecting something from a site like Emuparadise or Isozonw

I also downloaded complete romsets for SNES, Genesis, NES, and GBA and I'm trying new shit weekly
>>
>>332618238
/v/

Dont trust anyone else
>>
>>332618393
It's by no means a tired gamer general but I just dont know what to play and im fucking bored
>>
>>332618238
Play Rabi-Ribi OP. Just fucking do it. Pirate the game if you don't wanna buy it. Then play.
>>
>>332618682
There isn't a good answer. Top popularity lists, speedrunners, 4chan, steam. I have found old shit from youtubers like Continue and AVGN and even though they suck at or don't like the games I sometimes have no problems with them. Sometimes I just go huge lists of games up for download, even. I have been pretty burned out lately, though. I can maybe help if you have a genre in mind.
>>
>>332619305
Meh, wouldn't recommend it too hard. It is okay, has its share of flaws, and the fanbase is obnoxious as fuck.
>>
>>332619305

i want to but
>17$

I don't pirate games
>>
I pick a platform and look through releases on it and hope something sounds interesting. Also looking at newly releases/upcoming fan translations had lead me to some good games.

I keep my backlog fairly small instead of constantly tacking things onto it that I 'might' play. It's easier to actually use it as a resource that way.
>>
File: 1432157637966.jpg (94 KB, 474x741) Image search: [Google]
1432157637966.jpg
94 KB, 474x741
>>332618238
Look at old series, pick one, and then spend a couple months (or weeks if I love the series enough to play it nonstop) playing every single game in the series or within a subsection of said series. If I get absolutely burnt out I'll take a break by doing it to another series and maybe go back to the first series later.

Don't even skip, no matter how low the low points of the series get. If you make yourself play the worse games in the series it'll cause you to have more fun when the series hits an upswing.

Right now I'm on a break from a Final Fantasy marathon, finished V, realized I missed half a dozen spinoffs, and started playing those before I move on to VI, but the FF Legend series yes I know it's really SaGa but I'm counting it anyway since that's what a clueless kid in the '90s would do, will probably do a SaGa marathon later tired me out before I finished FFL2. Triforce Heroes has kept me busy before I get back to it at least.

My habit of not dropping games and always going back to them when I take a break has overall improved me enjoyment of vidya more than it's hurt it though, because now I won't drop a game over some minor flaw.
>>
>>332619364
hmm, yeah i've tried looking at streams and rec threads but theres nothing.

What was the last game you had fun with?
>>
>>332619931
This. Thousands of old games you missed out on can be emulated/pirated No point in buying new games if you aren't sure what you want.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.