[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is going to be a steaming pile of shit. At least XIII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Noctis-Final-Fantasy-XV.jpg (780 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Noctis-Final-Fantasy-XV.jpg
780 KB, 1920x1200
This game is going to be a steaming pile of shit. At least XIII realized that as a Final Fantasy game it should include some JRPG elements other than anime hairstyles, where XV goes for full on Kingdom Devil May Bayonetta: Revengeance bullshit with fucking licensed music in Final Fantasy. XIII was the last Final Fantasy, its not great but its Final Fantasy. XIV is a fucking MMO and XV is some kind of Platinum wannabe. I guess the Bravely games are the real Final Fantasies now.
>>
>>332615386

All the marketing. the insanely long development time and just plain bullshit along with selling out to the worst company in anime for some shitty OVAs just kind of confirms it's going to be a clusterfuck of hype and empty promises. I can't wait to be their to see the shitstorm go down when the gameplay turns out to be the same kind of streamlined ass that FFXIII was and it being all about the graphics and pandering. Japanese gaming is dead
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr_JBLVbFh0
>>
cry more pc cuck
>>
Whatever XV is going to be, its going to be a goddamn spectacle regardless.
>>
File: 1456369241090.jpg (26 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1456369241090.jpg
26 KB, 450x450
>>332615842
stop linking your own videos you pathetic cuck.
>>
>>332615386
This game is creating more salt than Bloodborne yet at least it still has a chance of coming to PC eventually.
Jesus christ, you mustards should relax a little bit.
>>
>>332615941
If I'm a cuck for anything it's Square, I'm still on this fucking ride of a series for some reason when it hasn't put out a decent game since X well over a decade ago. Shouldve left a long time ago.
>>
>>332615386
>Kingdom Devil May Bayonetta: Revengeance
Sounds bueno to me.
>>
Literally what is even wrong with XV?
>>
>>332616292
>X
>good

you mean XII btw.
>>
>>332616292
I have a PS4 senpai, I'm not a shut-in neckbeard who lives off mommy's good boy points and can only afford one system. The game just looks retarded
>>
>>332615386
By your own logic, X was the last FF.
>>
>>332616448
meant for
>>332616210
>>
File: 1459402692785.jpg (212 KB, 847x1896) Image search: [Google]
1459402692785.jpg
212 KB, 847x1896
>>332615386
It's an Action RPG you fucking autist.

XV already is better than any FF13 game.

XV is a true FF, Sakaguchi himself said so.
>>
>>332615386
Cry more.
>>
>>332615386
PCuck tears sure are delicious.
>>
>>332616379
Kingdom May Bayonetta: Revengeance Gaiden
>>
>>332615386
>Kingdom Devil May Bayonetta: Revengeance

If only.
>>
>>332615386
>licensed music
what is my hands

seriously at least stand by me is a classic and florence + machine whether you like her or not is at least more talented than that x-factor hack lewis
>>
File: 20160331_024643.jpg (488 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160331_024643.jpg
488 KB, 2048x1152
OP here, for you cool meme kidz who would rather post console war faggotry than discuss the game
>>
>>332617773
I discussed it with you. I stated that, by your own logic, X was the last FF game.
>>
>>332617178
my hands was much better than stand by me
>>
>>332617915
I still think XIII at least feels like FF, I'm not going to really fight to defend it because I don't like it much, but it does feel like a Final Fantasy even if its not a good one. I would say X was the last good one. Are you trying to talk about the ATb or the leveling system or what anon? A lot of the older ones had ATB so that doesnt bother me at, the auto battle thing kind of does though. The level up system is pretty iffy but at least its something.
>>
>>332617272
Just like FF XIII
>>
>>332618215
>I still think XIII at least feels like FF
I don't.

>I would say X was the last good one.
I wouldn't. I would say it's the last acceptable one.

Sure, there's the ATB. There's the fact that there's actually a plot that doesn't require hours of reading shit in-game. There were actual random encounters throughout most of the game. There was also the illusion of it being something other than a hall way, and back tracking was allowed. But even then, with no open world, FFX was barely a "True FF." That would go to 9, which I abhor, but is still a more faithful FF than X or XIII.
>>
File: download (8).jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
11 KB, 228x221
>>
>>332618612
Like I said not vouching super hard for XIII or anything, but at least the battle system, if nothing else, still resembled a JRPG. XV doesnt at all.

X's world could be more open, but its not terrible. There are towns, theres hidden areas/bosses, all that. Granted its not as open as the ones before it but its nowhere near as linear as XIII and the battle system is exactly what it should be

I know youre probably not going to change your mind about liking X and thats fine, thats not why I made this thread, but if you actually like FF you have to admit that something like X would be a much better direction for the series than whatever XV is.
>>
>>332619297
>still resembled a JRPG
Maybe. Still didn't resemble Final Fantasy.

And I don't hate X. It's perfectly acceptable. It's just not "great." That's all. And, even then, it's more similar to FF than an actual FF game.

This isn't to say that a JRPG attempting to be something other than traditional FF is a bad thing. But that's not what we are talking about. No matter what FFXV is, it's not FF in your mind.

NieR is also an action RPG from square, and I rather like it.
>>
>>332619610
But then why even call this Final Fantasy, let alone the first major single player one since, what, 08? Why not make this part of a series that actually uses that type of gameplay, or even a spin off, or better yet a new IP? Why use the name and next big entry spot/budget of a 30 year old series if its going to clash completly against that series and play absolutely nothing like it?
I know the likely answer is because it will sell more this way, but that still fucking sucks for people who want a new major Final Fantasy game.
>>
>>332615842
15's been in development for 11 years?
I mean I want to play 15 but I been getting out of consoles. If plays on the ps3 I'd get it.
>>
>>332620189
>Since, what, 08?
2001. Because Square wants to use brand recognition, and at least there are some things that are close to original FF worlds, such as the open world.
>>
File: sad hater.gif (3 MB, 626x376) Image search: [Google]
sad hater.gif
3 MB, 626x376
>>332615386
Y see, the problem when you start shitting so hard in a game is that you create an established idea for it: that it's gonna be bad.

IT's exactly the same companies do with the casual market but the other way: they keep saying you how good the game is, to the point when they buy the game they think it is good, regardles if it actually is good or not.

I feel pity for guys like you that are unable to enjoy videogames (or anything in life, to be said) and just shit on everything hopping another messiah will come and save the industry. The thing is, if it comes out anytime, you'll already assume it's a shitty messiah.
>>
>>332618215
In what way XV doesn't feel like one? The game isn't even out yet, have you played it? Is there a leak I should know of?
>>
The game is turning out to be really great in my eyes.
I would have waited for the PC release so I wouldn't have to suffer the horrendous 15fps but it looks like it won't even be coming out 2016.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.