[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we like these games? They're big open sandboxes with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: gta-v-big[1].jpg (602 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gta-v-big[1].jpg
602 KB, 1280x720
Why do we like these games? They're big open sandboxes with jack shit to do, but occasionally go on a rampage against generic AI, and scripted missions. What the fuck is the point?
>>
I had fun with it. Have absolutely no desire to replay it but I still had fun.
>>
File: painting_mike.jpg (1 MB, 1985x1067) Image search: [Google]
painting_mike.jpg
1 MB, 1985x1067
the mysteries
>>
Are you the same guy who shitposts about open world games ?
If so just play linear games anon
>>
Casuals love anything with guns.

GTA is just as bad as any TPS or FPS.
>>
its some of the most fun ive had racing and dealthmatch against others
>>
Is Just Cause 3 any good?
>>
After I unlocked the weapons, I just really enjoy flying around the map. It's like a flight simulator but you can land your plane and fuck shit up or go play a mission if you want to.
>>
exploration
vehicles/racing/flying
playing with others
>>
>>332613050
Kinda cool
>>
>>332612910
Pretty much the most detailed virtual world in any game
>>
>>332613636
Fuck is the point if there's nothing to do in it?
>>
In the modern gtas it's pretty fun Better than Bethesda games where every NPC has a name and one misplaced hair/object makes the game fuck out
>>
File: 51efdc41.jpg (310 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
51efdc41.jpg
310 KB, 700x700
I've always liked to just drive around and listen to music.

VBR best station.
>>
>>332612910
As far as GTAV goes, it's full of detail, and just a relaxing world to be in. Pedestrians chat, answer phone calls. In addition to regular pedestrians that each main character has specific responses for, there are static NPCs with loads of dialogue--maybe pointless in the grand scheme of things but it serves to fill the world with personality. There are random encounters. Personally, there were more than enough varied story missions and side missions to keep me satisfied. I never cared about tennis, golf, or the triathlons.

Not to say I'm completely in love with it, though. Single-player could've borrowed several things from online, such as car insurance and gang hideouts. I wish there were more interiors.
>>
4 was better than 5 in every possible way.
5 failed in every possible way.

Inb4
>it sold alot
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.