[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you think this deserves a remaster or sequel ? Just replayed it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: maxpayne3_action3_2560x1600.jpg (791 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
maxpayne3_action3_2560x1600.jpg
791 KB, 2560x1600
you think this deserves a remaster or sequel ?
Just replayed it
>>
Is be happier with a collection for consoles as my rig has been fucked for awhile
>>
Needs a cheap HD re-release like what they did with Re6.

Multiplayer was an unbalanced hot mess but goddamn i loved it. Slow mo diving off a platform to mow down the last guy on last man standing was the best feeling ever. If they would have just fixed the balance issues it would have been amazing.
>>
>>332610896
why would you remaster 3 instead of 1 and 2?
>>
>>332610896
both
>>
>>332613607

This. Even though I think MP2 is still pretty impressive in the graphics department it would be amazing if they would remaster 1 and 2, I'd instantly buy them without a thought.
>>
File: 2109976-kong.jpg (16 KB, 242x338) Image search: [Google]
2109976-kong.jpg
16 KB, 242x338
>>332613436
they clogged the online with small, meaningless dlc and separated the crowd, basically. People without dlc would get booted from lobbies. Guys with dlc wouldn't want to play with those who didn't have it, the ladder just couldn't find a game worth a damn.

Singleplayer was great for just for one playthrough, though. fucking loading cutscenes.
>>
It ended perfectly senpai. I hope they leave Max to rest.
>>
>>332610896

Max Payne is perfect in its own way. I did replayed whole trilogy not too long time ago and it's still holds well. Max Payne 1 has some issuse but it's still great!
>>
>>332614558

I agree that they shouldn't make any more Max Payne games but I think that walking off in the sunset was a really bad choice, I think if Sami would have written the story he would have killed Max in a way that the character deserves. Like in MP2 he killed off Mona but left the alternate ending in only for those who beat dead on arrival, which I bet very few people did.
>>
>>332614938
I thought they did a great job with max payne 3
Even the story was pretty decent for an AAA title but killing of max in 3 would' ve been very stupid in my opinion
He hardly feels like max payne, id feel most likely nothing
>>
>>332614938
I somewhat think people would've gotten mad if Rockstar was the one to kill him off rather than Remedy.
>>
>>332614302

If they're gonna redo Max Payne 3 they definitely need to do something about those load times.

Also, it would be interesting to see MP1 and 2 on the new R* engine but with their mechanics intact. Just for the delicious slowmo gun PHYSICS happening.

Alternatively, yeah. No need for more to be honest.
>>
>>332613607
Because 1 and especially 2 still hold up and have outstanding gameplay and 3 was trash.
>>
The Max Payne story rapped up quite nicely, I wouldn't touch his story
A spin off with someone like Passos might work though
Hell I'd be happy with anything if it had that fucking gunplay god damn
>>
Before playing it I didn't understand ragging on the game for having too many cutscense, I loved the scenes in 1 and 2 but 3 will not let me actually play it for more than 5 goddamned minutes and Max talks over EVERYTHING. They're good scenes and good narration but it feels like a movie. The gameplay is great but I want more of it.
>>
>>332616815
yes, so? keep the game mechanics in from 1 and 2 and use the new engine. I know it doesn't really work out so cleanly, but that would seriously be perfect.
>>
>>332613842
It's called a PC version. Stop encouraging bad business practices, you feeble little console peasant.
>>
>>332617232
The photo textures will make them hold up in that department basically forever but the models are dated. I wouldn't mind an update there, maybe (and this is heresy) possibly find a way to give payne and expression other than determined constipation
>>
>>332617149
But why?

>>332616969
>muh gunplay
That's the only thing I ever hear people compliment about MP3. What does it even mean? What happens when you press left mouse button and nothing else? Because the overall gameplay sure as hell wasn't good, it was slow, sluggish and poorly paced.
>>
>>332617372
>give payne and expression other than determined constipation
Even if they remade or remastered it, this has to stay. The constipated Sam Lake look is part of game history.
>>
>>332617428
Play MP3 or FEAR and then say, fallout 3, you will feel the difference in gunplay
>>
>>332617016
I agree. If the game was a bit less linear and didn't yank you into cutscenes every 5 fucking minutes it would easily be a 9/10 instead of a 7 or 8 for me.
>>
>>332617428
because the gameplay from 1 and 2 was much better than 3 and 3 had small little things from the engine which were really good, too bad they didn't make up much for a lot of poor game decisions.
>>
>>332617556
I could also play MP2 and Fallout 3 and feel the difference in gunplay. Or I could play MP2 and MP3 and feel the difference in overall gameplay.

Good "gunplay" is not a rare thing, but it's the only thing people ever bring up in MP3 because the gameplay is trash.
>>
Game is surprisingly taxing and beautiful for a 2012 release. Can only get 90 frames on average on a 980ti with everything maxed. Love the euphoria. It's a shame that tech is locked down to rockstar and they seem to be moving away from it with how it was handled in GTA V
>>
3 was fucking garbage and Rockstar deserves to get slandered hard for killing such a unique and charming series. They turned it into fucking drivel. Who the fuck played Max Payne 1 or 2 and thought "you know what this series needs? a complete fucking change from everything that it is." Let's change locations, change the style, remove all charm, kill off the comic strips and replace them with ugly epileptic seizure inducing retarded shit, make the game one long cinema with 10-30 second spurts of gameplay. Oh and while we're at it lets butcher the main character.

Fuck you Rockstar. Fuck you.
>>
Max Payne 3 is a good game but not a good Max Payne game
>>
>>332617849
>It's a shame that tech is locked down to rockstar
Its not, other devs are just lazy in that department or too poor
Although their RAGE engine is perferctly built for euphoria i give you that
>>
>>332610896
MP3 was great. the gameplay, the feel, the deaths, the bullet time. And i loved how long it was
>>
>>332610896
>remaster
>of a game not even 4 years old

for what purpose??
>>
>>332610896
Not a remaster. It looks excellent even in 2016 standards, that's why the game has such a McMassive install size. I would love the first 2 to be re-released though.
The only way a new game could work if it was a prequel, or not set after 3. 3 was so depressing I couldn't bear to see Max go through any more misery.
>>
>>332557908
Oe theyll churn out some hprr>>332610896
No and no.
>>
>>332616969

>spin off with passos

Yeah, no. Passos was boring and shitty, even the hooker and the bum from MP2 had more character than him.
>>
>>332617749
You do realise it's a shooter, right? The gunplay is literally the gameplay. It would be bad gunplay if it wasn't fun to shoot stuff, and it is fun. Enemies react well, there's very few unfair deaths, there's not much that's overpowered or broken, it generally just feels fluid and fun. What about it don't you like?
>>
File: that-old-familiar-feeling.png (186 KB, 372x496) Image search: [Google]
that-old-familiar-feeling.png
186 KB, 372x496
>>332613607
>rockstar was stupid and release it around Diablo III. i guess that shit was popular. whatever.
>gta babbys got pissed when rockstar kept promoting max payne 3 instead of talking about gta v so they basically boycotted it
>max payne 3 never got the attention it deserved
>barely anybody bought it
>especially modders
>nobody cares enough about it to mod it
>there will never be a port of MP1 and MP2 into the MP3 engine, whether by rockstar or modders
>>
>>332617749
so people keep bringing up that the gameplay is good because the gameplay is bad? I am not sure if I get your logic there bud
>>
>>332620697
Absolutely unrealistic expectations and overall retardation.
>>
>>332610896
>reinstalling this game twice because rockstar always online bullshit

the DRM kill this game, and somehow the colourfull style missmatch with the gameplay. The colour is very distracting and its clusterfuck to see where you must shoot or where enemy bullets land, its less fun than 1 or 2. The previous game is fun because its noir and wasnt supposed to be realistic CoD clone
>>
>>332620879
the game is perfectly capable of being modded, yet barely anybody has bothered with it. the OpenIV guys have just stopped with unlocking and decrypting the files because they don't care enough, and they know not enough people care enough that it would be worth it.
>>
>>332620772
No, people bring up gunplay in specific, which is a small part of gameplay.
>>
>remaster
Fuck off. Not everything need a fucking remaster.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>played a fuck load of online
>was especially a cunt to people in the office
>mfw all the hate messages
>>
>>332610896
That reminds me, I need to finish 2. I played the first one for the first time like two years ago and was blown away with how enjoyable it was.

I'm just used to video games sucking nowadays.
>>
>>332622901
The office was my favorite map. So many shit heads though with dual auto 9mm. I got fed up and tested different builds that would take them out easier along with regular guys. Also changing the over the shoulder camera's perspective on the fly is SUPER important and I got a hell of a lot better doing that.
>>
>>332610896
Both. I want both.
>>
>>332610896
Why would it? It's not like the game is 10 years old.
>>
File: 1421284831869.jpg (236 KB, 1714x1358) Image search: [Google]
1421284831869.jpg
236 KB, 1714x1358
2 was the worst Max Payne game. Shit story and boring levels.
>>
>>332624753
I like this guy
>>
>>332624753
I thought they were all great. 1st being my favorite 2 and 3 trail behind but online was surprisingly fun as all get out.
>>
>>332625412
Yeah, they were all great games, I just like 1 and 3 much more than 2. It still had fun gameplay, though.
>>
>>332620697
Except there is, not that it matters because Max Payne 3 engine is cancer.

Its called Payne Evolution.
>>
>>332624753

2 > 1 > 3.

2 had the best levels and shooting in the series.

>>332610896

A sequel, yes, but why the fuck a remaster? All 3 games are on PC anyways.
>>
>>332624753
2 felt like it tried to hard to be dark. 1 was dark but had its light, goofy moments with fun lines and really great metaphors. 2 doesn't have as much lofty monologuing because there's barely any graphic novel cutscenes.
>>
>>332626293
Payne Evolution is a MP2 mod that adds features from MP3 and really highlights why they're bad.

>>332627186
>there's barely any graphic novel cutscenes
Except in almost every level.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.