[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
never got a chance to play re6, and I just noticed the hd remake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 1dd.png (835 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
1dd.png
835 KB, 1024x575
never got a chance to play re6, and I just noticed the hd remake is out for 20 bucks. I need something to hold me until ds3 and I have some extra sheckels. does it suck?
>>
>>332608709
Yes
>>
>>332608932
why?
>>
>>332609001
It doesn't. All 4 of the campaigns have different mechanics along with playable characters to keep the game interesting along with the best production values ever in a RE game.

Game looks great and plays great too. The combat is fluid and there's a lot of different ways to tackle combat situations. Story is interesting too in a cheesy, RE way.
>>
>>332609230
This

The quick time events everyone bitched about arent that bad. Its better to play with a friend and mercenaries is fun too. Although RE:R2 would probably be better bc of raid mode.
>>
>>332609001
Because it's not Resident evil anymore, it's a corridor shooter with qte and a convoluted story. Camera sucks, gameplay is samey, you'll be scratching your head as to why any of this is happening.
>>
>>332609456
>The quick time events everyone bitched about arent that bad.
Not just that, but the PS4/XBO versions have the Auto Action Button setting enabled by default which nips the worst QTEs in the bud, and they also raised the default FOV to match the old version's maximum FOV.

Shit is comfy.
>>
>>332609230
>>332609456
You must be 18 or older to post on this site
>>
>>332609628
>you'll be scratching your head as to why any of this is happening.
Read the files/listen to the tapes/listen to your heart, bro.
>>
>>332608709
Playing as Jake and kung fu-ing the shit out of zombies is fucking FUN.
>>
>>332608709
That's a guy's ass, isn't it?
>>
File: claire.png (57 KB, 425x300) Image search: [Google]
claire.png
57 KB, 425x300
>>332608709

It's a good game and the mercenaries is very fun.
>>
>>332609874
Jake's hand-to-hand combat system is blatantly a tribute to God Hand, right down to the backflip move used to delay attacks & dodge enemy attacks. The only thing missing is Jake spanking female monsters.

In fact, modders should make that happen.
>>
>>332609628
>Because it's not Resident evil anymore
It has Resident Evil on the box, features Resident Evil characters, and focuses on Bio Organic Weapons.

It's a Resident Evil game.
>>
>>332610205
This. There's Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, 0, REmake and Outbreak 1 and 2 if you truly only consider "classic" Resident Evil to be the only ones worthwhile.

Did these purists expect the gameplay formula to not change whatsoever? Capcom didn't do it to spite them, they did it because having the same formula for 10 fucking games became monotonous. So now there's 4, 5 and 6 and suddenly it's a pissfest.
>>
File: 1458806805295.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458806805295.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
>>332611498
>Capcom didn't do it to spite them, they did it because having the same formula for 10 fucking games became monotonous.
Also because no matter how you cut it, sales of the old formula were dropping badly.

RE3 sold far less than RE2. Code Veronica sold okay, but not great. It was all downhill between RE2 and RE4. REMAKE and RE0 sold poorly. People can point to GC exclusivity all they want, because then along came Outbreak. Outbreak 1 sold fairly well, and then Outbreak 2 flopped hard. Something had to change.
>>
Capcom tried to keep survival horror alive with Haunting Ground, created partially from scrapped Resident Evil 4 assets. It was not a success. You can blame a variety of reasons. But let's think about this pragmatically for a moment.

Remember Clock Tower? Oh, everyone loves Clock Tower. Well, its spiritual successor just came out, called NightCry, and NOBODY GIVES A SHIT. The game's sales are pathetic. There is the factor of RE's brand name recognition, but then you've got the fact RE0 sold rather poorly. The market wants this new type of Resident Evil. Simple.
>>
>>332608709
Its not an hd remake. Its just a port. Just get any other version for cheaper.
>>
>>332612282
>Just get any other version for cheaper.
The PS3/360 versions were dog shit. The PC version is good if you manually raise the FOV and turn on auto action button, like the PS4/XBO versions have done by default.
>>
>>332611685
I'm not sure Chris' uniform has enough pouches, guys.
>>
>>332612793
>Not enough pouches
Are you Rob Liefeld by chance?
>>
>>332608709
>>
File: thumbs up.webm (941 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.webm
941 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>332609230
>>332609456
oh look, its the 2 people that will defend re6 to death every single time its brought up
>>
revelations 2 was shit
co op cant save it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.