[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I git gud at this? What are some beginner tips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Company_of_Heroes_2_cover.jpg (65 KB, 300x425) Image search: [Google]
Company_of_Heroes_2_cover.jpg
65 KB, 300x425
How do I git gud at this?

What are some beginner tips?
>>
Halp
>>
Mainly prioritize getting an HMG in a good position at the start. Then have mortars there to kill the suppressed enemies. Always be aggressive but don't get cocky. Keep putting out more units and try to get tanks faster than the enemy.
>>
Get resources to spam tanks
>>
>>332602810
pressure fuel early game, cover your support weapon crews like HMGs and mortars. Try as much as possible to preserve your units.

Always be aggressive and try to approach from different flanks. Don't rush the same heavily defended position in a blob only to get pinned and retreat.

Spread out and consolidate your forces, conserve your ammo for vital command abilities to deal with pesky weapons crews and defensive emplacements.

You have to be quick to catch your enemy off guard. But don't overextend. Take advantage of a retreating or weakened enemy force to gain more ground.

Fuel and ammo points are more important early game but don't be complacent about capturing VPs that can cost you the match.

Try to choose appropriate counters for your enemy's units, if you loose ground you have to consolidate your forces quickly to retake the position before they heavily fortify it.

If a position is heavily fortified either go around it and cut them off or bombard key defenses such as Mgs or at guns with artillery before advancing tanks or infantry.

If you have mixed units, infantry should prioritize enemy at crews and infantry support tanks should prioritize Mgs.

Soft retreat to reinforcing vehicles and structures near the front lines to maintain a strong presence in the area. Just be wary of enemy artillery mid game trying to punt your bunched up units when reinforcing.

Most of the time you could just move out of the way the moment you see red smoke or hear artillery firing, you don't have to make a full retreat unless you realize it a little late.
>>
Remember that there isn't such thing as too many conscripts.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-31-00-36-45.png (542 KB, 768x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-31-00-36-45.png
542 KB, 768x1280
Suspicious
>>
Don't float money saving up for shit. Make sure you're teching and building new units fairly quickly.

Flank and Smoke.

Build lots of mines. Upgrade your weapons if you're American or Brit, don't forget.

Make sure you have AT around the 5 minute mark.
>>
>>332606339
That conscript replacement command ability for ammo is hilarious. I had some funny matches where I managed to fill my entire pop cap with conscripts.

I had so many god damn conscripts that I couldn't reinforce many of my squads because of the pop cap.
>>
>>332607141
It's ok, but the osttruppen one is better, especially since it snowballs hard as you get more osttruppen squads that have more squad members and can handle 4 model loss more easily.
>>
Should I get CoH2 or CoH1?

I heard Relic fucked CoH2 over somehow.
>>
>>332607896
CoH2 is fun, but CoH1 has far better design.

What bugs me with CoH2 is the ridiculous range on some units paired with the claustrophobic map zoom.

Unit pathing is even more frustrating now, I preferred units reversing with hotkey only. Especially with the god damn bren gun carrier always seem to get it facing backwards when in a rush to move it and turn it around without click and dragging to orient it.
>>
>>332607896
Depends on your tastes. I'd say get both and see which one you like more. CoH1 has more high quality single player content, CoH2 has a bigger online community.
>>
I always have trouble as Russians to the German fuck spamming the half-track
>>
File: 2015-10-09_00002.jpg (599 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-09_00002.jpg
599 KB, 1920x1080
>>332601971
Learn the maps
figure out what units, factions, and commanders are useful and weak against on what maps

if the enemy attacks you and they retreat moved your team weapons away from where they were to help avoid artillery and mortars

try to predict where enemies will be and hide a close quarters units somewhere behind a point so they can assault anyone capping a point and close the distance quickly

building a few mines will leave the enemy paranoid and waste the munitions on a mine detector
Learn how to use Commander abilities as effectively as possible

OKW
radio silence: use when the enemy is occupied with defending against an attack to catch them off guard giving you a few seconds to steam roll less guarded places without them being able to react

USF: white phosphorous: use it for area of denial white phosphorus can't kill units but if they each model can be reduced to 1 hp which results in longer downtime because healing takes much longer than reinforcing, and it also prevents vehicles from firing their main guns

USF vehicles crews can hop out and jump in other vehicles use this to get high vet armor sooner

Faction units vary from unit to unit

the brits tank destroyer hits hard as fuck, and is decently armored but the turret rotates slower than a snail

The USF jackson move fast cheap to build can deal massive damage at 1 vet but has cardboard for armor and can be easily killed

the okw jagdpanzer IV may not have 360 visibility, but it has great power, good armor, and the ability to camouflage itself and seak around enemy infantry as it stays about 15 feet away from them a really good tank to for taking potshots at enemy vehciles

The russian tank destoryer has the advantage of 360 vision, and focused sight and tracking other enemies
>>
File: 1399972233619.jpg (156 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
1399972233619.jpg
156 KB, 746x982
>conrad will never tie his laces ever again
>>
>>332601971
uninstall. play something else. broken p2w piece of trash.
>>
How does CoH2 run on weaker computers? Does it run at all? Should I just play the first one instead? Will anybody be playing CoH1?
>>
>>332610515
CoH2 runs like shit and people still play CoH1
>>
>>332610628
Okay then, good thing the humble bundle I got came with both. And if I don't like it I can always go back to Soulstorm.
>>
>>332601971
Stop sucking dicks.
>>
Make sure to use cover whenever you can, and deny cover to your enemy by wiring off theirs. The only exception is when the enemy has flame throwers.

When using buildings, the amount of firing models equals the number of windows available.

Mines win games.

Learn which units have snares, and keep your vehicles out of range of them.

Learn each faction.

Don't blob, especially when facing the Russians (they can use demo charges, which will wipe everything if timed right).

Ostheer is the hardest faction to play. Soviets is the easiest faction to play.
>>
>>332601971
Play coh1. Apparently 2 has some serious balance issues
>>
>>332612364
I play Russian and it's fucking easy to dodge molotovs
>>
>>332612860
True, that's why you should only use molotovs if you need to force the enemy to move.
>>
>>332612364
>playing a faction that has shittiest units in the game, but powerful situational abilities is easier than a faction with strong units and decent overall abilities
>>
>>332601971
as germans, rush for tanks
as russians, spam units like WWII russians did

it should help you for first steps, but after gaining some experience you'll realize those two tips were worthless. nevertheless, it's a good way to start understanding what's what in this game
>>
>>332615316
I think one good tip for Russians is you should always have more than three conscript squads running around capping. take what you can, and retreat from what you can't hold until you have numbers
>>
Uninstall MOBA The RTS and install Men of War 2
After a while you will realize it's all based on RNG bullshit.
Or rocket trucks killing your vet 3 infantry even though you microe'd them all game perfectly with your skill.
>>
>>332616952
That is the point of rocket artillery to wipe unsuspecting blobbed up infantry and harass enemy defenses, they die very easily if you can sneak infantry or a a light vehicle behind enemy lines or use a costly munitions ability.

They are tough to deal with in team games though where you have less room to maneuver.

It is a pain microing infantry to keep them scattered, there is no scatter button like the C&C games where you press a button and the units space out.
>>
>>332617423
So no matter how skilled i am, my infantry HAS to die?
Sounds like a shit system.
Especially when infantry is forced to bunch up in squads.
In Men of War a rocket truck will still fuck up my infantry, defenses and tanks, but it's you own dam fault if your infantry is blobled up in a crater.
>>
>>332618089
You can still dodge rockets especially stukas.
If the enemy gets rocket trucks that is less fuel and pop cap they have for tanks.

You should already be spacing your infantry the moment you encounter one the launching sound is very distinct giving you enough time to react by either moving your infantry or retreating. And the range is relatively short compared to howitzers.

rocket trucks are more effective against weapon crews like MGs caught in the open since it takes time to unpack but you can recrew them.

Infantry moving around is a little tricky especially with good players that are more attentive.
>>
spam anti tank guns
>>
>>332607896
could get both from the current humble bundle 12 dollars
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.