[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your honest opinion of FF II?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: FFII_PSP_Logo.jpg (95 KB, 583x258) Image search: [Google]
FFII_PSP_Logo.jpg
95 KB, 583x258
What is your honest opinion of FF II?
>>
Leveling system was beyond ass, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless
>>
>>332599652
One of the best FF games and my favorite
>>
Don't know about the original but its okay on the PSP port

It gets retarded at times but the hitting yourself to gain strength is kinda fun in a funny way
>>
I can respect those who like it, but I don't.

Same as my stance on FFXII
>>
>>332599652

First one I ever beat. It's shit.

IX is my favorite and I have never even got halfway through it. It's funny how our world works sometimes.
>>
>>332599652
I never did play 2 or 3 in the nip numbering scheme. The original was one of the first RPG's I ever played (I think it was my second after the original Dragon Warrior) and I played all of them after that through the PS1 era, including 5. I thought 5 was quite good. I was surprised it wasn't exported for our round-eyed pleasure.
>>
Great characters, fun battle system, really paved the way for the golden age of RP-

Oh wait, you mean the OTHER FFII.
>>
>>332599652
I played it and now I'm a cuck.
>>
Interesting concept. Executed horribly.

So basically, the same as every other FF game.
>>
blood sword made the last boss a complete joke

i thought the leveling system (especially spells) was pretty bad

story was ok, but i wished they did more with leon

honestly, he's just kind of there and it's obvious who the "dark knight" is even before the reveal
>>
Dungeons, world map, exploration, battle, growth system, everything was terrible. The only thing I liked, for its time, was the plot. I have the novel but still to much of a noob at nip to read it.
>>
I've barely touched it, but I didn't like what I saw. It may have helped pave the way for the vastly superior SaGa games, though, which is a plus.
>>
>play FFII
>leave second town
>go to a nearby dungeon and save the badgers
>endless Gigas everywhere in the dungeon, but I somehow make it out alive
>two steps out of the cave, swarmed by 4 Hill Gigas, 4x stronger than the Gigas in the cave
>die instantly
>turn off game
>>
>>332599652
Phantasy Star 1 is better.
>>
Guy speak beaver/10
>>
never played it

though I guess I sorta did since I played 4. Only FF game I ever actually really got into. Every other one I never even touched or didn't get very far into. I think the second longest I played one was 8 and even then I bailed almost immediately after the first disc ended.
>>
>>332599652
Worst Final Fantasy.
>>
I love it.
>>
Emperor Mateus got more shit done than fucking Kefka and Sephiroth
>genocide a shit ton of people
>took over heaven and hell
>dethroned God and Satan
>>
Run amok

Heavens!
>>
>>332599652
Worst in the series, the characters weren't memorable beyond ferion and minwu and the leveling system was pure trash.
>>
Still better than FFVI
>>
It felt like a prototype for FFIV and SaGa. It did a few memorable things but isn't really worth caring about outside of its historical impact.

I like it more than III though, which was just a poor man's FFV.
>>
File: 830px-Dq2_dragonhorn_jump.jpg (132 KB, 830x551) Image search: [Google]
830px-Dq2_dragonhorn_jump.jpg
132 KB, 830x551
Both Dragon Quest II and Final Fantasy II are widely considered to be the worst games in their respective franchise.

But Dragon Quest II is still a good game.
>>
>>332599652
It was fun on SNES.
>>
>>332599652
Shit game
>>
>fight through some huge tower to get the "ultimate magic" spell
>lvl 1 spell from a black magic shop in the next town does more damage

Pretty much all I remember. Story was forgettable, leveling system broken
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.