[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mommy, what were videogames like before the internet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1459374138617.jpg (46 KB, 544x367) Image search: [Google]
1459374138617.jpg
46 KB, 544x367
Mommy, what were videogames like before the internet?
>>
We couldn't get pedophiles fired from video game companies for one.
>>
One time payment.
>>
>>332591442
Same as now, but you had to pay to learn about secrets and cheats
>>
They were always shit, son. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise; they're just blinded by nostalgia.
>>
File: 1458868608851.webm (2 MB, 716x476) Image search: [Google]
1458868608851.webm
2 MB, 716x476
Like this
>>
I-I-I'm a mommy?

B-B-But I'm a boy...
>>
>>332591817
>GBA game
>before the internet
>>
>tfw you ended up renting a shit game
>or worse, buying a shit game
>>
>>332591817

I bet that saved a few frames *snorts* *fixes glasses*
>>
Well, child, they were mostly derivatives of classic arcade style games with arcade game mechanics like extra lives, game overs, and legitimate difficulty
>>
>>332591943
Not that anon, but I didn't actually get internet until some time in 2004.
>>
Kids used to play them, not watch them.
Now go enjoy your 20 minutes of outside time for the month. No more than that or Mr Radiation will get you.
>>
>>332591442
Games were actually finished before they came out.

Developers knew they couldn't fix a game after it released, so they actually put effort into making sure it was perfect at launch.

Games used to also have "stories" and "campaigns". Those were things that gave the game actual content.

Now the only content in a game is forcing you to play competitively with other people.
>>
>>332591442
Ask your step father sweetheart.
>>
>>332592302
>Developers knew they couldn't fix a game after it released, so they actually put effort into making sure it was perfect at launch.
And a shitload of them weren't. But it was still less than today.
>>
Mommy?
>>
Well Mary, there was this one rollerblading game that helped all of my generation understand the concept of love.
>>
>Mommy, what's an 'HD DVD'?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.