[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we make a good game of The Thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: TheThing-1[1].jpg (3 MB, 1985x2949) Image search: [Google]
TheThing-1[1].jpg
3 MB, 1985x2949
How do we make a good game of The Thing?
>>
You don't, it doesn't need one.

The Thing '02 was crap btw
>>
>>332588301
by playing the ps2 game
>>
>>332588471
Take it back
>>
I'm thinking it'd have to be a multiplayer RPing game of some sort, but it'd be difficult to get people together who take it seriously. Maybe it could take some inspiration from card games like secret hitler?
>>
File: Extermination_Coverart.png (118 KB, 256x365) Image search: [Google]
Extermination_Coverart.png
118 KB, 256x365
The Thing game or pic related
>>
>>332590823
I played a little of that back when it came out, does it stay good?
>>
>>332588301

Unpossible. The terror of the Thing is that no one knows who's infected, not even the infected themselves. How do you convey that in a game when most games are just about punching and shooting things to death?
>>
>>332591321
I loved it, it's a very average game though overall. Horrible voice acting and mediocre plot but the setting, ambiance, music, environments, and enemies are all very Thing inspired

If you like survival horrors, especially older ones and don't mind tank controls, you'll enjoy it.

If you're the kind of person that doesn't like classic RE you probably won't
>>
They already did.

Dead Space
Well, really it's only heavily inspired, but it's the best you're going to get.
>>
>>332591575
A Telltale game, maybe? That way it's more relations with the characters and decisions, than combat.
>>
>>332588301
well, TTT in gmod is close, but not "The Thing" related by any form
the formua of that game mode could work, but with less players
>>
>>332591983
That's Alien you're thinking of.
>>
>>332592657
You would know who "The Thing" was the second time round or if you had read spoilers, though Unless they made it so that the person who was infected was random every time and you always had the option to shoot, thus ensuring a moment of "Oh god, what have I done" when you kill an innocent
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.