[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This is what American developers consider attractive TOP KEK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11
File: mars war cucks.jpg (460 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
mars war cucks.jpg
460 KB, 1680x1050
>This is what American developers consider attractive

TOP KEK
>>
File: mars war cucks 2.jpg (299 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
mars war cucks 2.jpg
299 KB, 1680x1050
What did she mean by this?
>>
I'm pretty sure they're Canadian.
>>
File: uguu.jpg (28 KB, 454x284) Image search: [Google]
uguu.jpg
28 KB, 454x284
>>332584506
>Meanwhile, in Japan
>>
Do you ever get sick of making what is essentially the same thread on a daily basis for the better half of a decade now?
You wanna come up with a new joke maybe?
>>
Why is this terrible dyke haircut so popular now? Are traditional haircuts (or at least ones that don't involve shaving half of your hair off) just too misogynistic and dynamically opposed to creative freedom?
>>
>>332588436
What? No, it's a fucking punk/goth/cyberpunk hairdo or some garbage, it's been around in related genres for ages.
Have you ever considered not thinking about SJWs every second of every day? It'll be good for your health.
>>
>>332587140
You don't even need a joke if you use the word 'cuck' in your post
>>
>>332590205
It looked stupid then, it looks stupid now, and now they're adding eye searing gaudy "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK HOW FUCKING SPECIAL AND UNIQUE I AM" colors to the mix does nothing for its favor.
>>
>>332586846
French, but this is some classic bait that gets fish every time because people are dumb and no one played Mars:WL because it had a shit name and no marketing.

It was a decent Kotor clone though.
>>
File: yeah nah, I'm done.png (192 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
yeah nah, I'm done.png
192 KB, 501x445
>>332584506
>Any girl with haircut that is buzzed in any fashion whatsoever

FUCKIN'

GROSS.
>>
>>332590473
>he doesn't know it's a classic cut for military and has been for a century
Topkek
>>
>>332584506
>>332588436
>american
>now
???????
>>
>>332590473
Sorry to have to be the one to deliver this news to you, but looking a way you don't like can still be a valid part of a character's design.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
>>332591172
Would you call this a valid design? It's hard to take characters seriously if they look retarded. Have you ever wondered why black guys that come to job interviews with their pants sagging and wearing graphic t-shirts don't get hired? Believe it or not, it has very little to do with racism.
>>
>that schnozz
>>
>>332591639
i'd still let her S my D
>>
>>332591518
That's the whole thing about creative freedom, I don't get to decide what is and isn't a valid design.
Real people exist that look and act like douchebags. Characters can exist that look and act like douchebags. Why the fuck are you randomly bringing niggers up?
>>
>>332591518

this guy actually just posted this.
>>
>>332591518
>why black guys that come to job interviews with their pants sagging and wearing graphic t-shirts don't get hired?
>black guys...... don't get hired
>don't get hired
Your obviously not an American.
>>
File: DOA5_Zack_Special3_Screen.jpg (79 KB, 660x1280) Image search: [Google]
DOA5_Zack_Special3_Screen.jpg
79 KB, 660x1280
>>332591763
>I don't get to decide what is and isn't a valid design.
You do, actually. People are allowed to do whatever they want, but I also have every right to call them out on it. Have a character shit on the sidewalk, eat a bucket a nails, swim in bleach, say they enjoy moonwalking to work, or what the fuck ever if you want, but just don't expect to be absolved of criticism because it's your "artistic vision". Opinions and beliefs can indeed be wrong, which is why art schools exist. Even if it is "your style" to draw characters with dicks for eyeballs or sponges for ears, it's objectively wrong and you should not be surprised that people won't take your work seriously if you don't try to follow basic conventions. Unique =/= good and that's why most people choose one of the many functional forks over the one with all of its prongs twisted, even if it does stand out.
>Real people exist that look and act like douchebags. Characters can exist that look and act like douchebags
Yes, but you're not supposed to like that character. If a character is intended to be likeable, but at the same time is reprehensible, you've fucked up badly. If you actually want me to take your sad story of a man's pain and suffering at the hands of his government seriously, please don't also have him wear a purple fedora, his Naruto ninja head band, and a my little pony shirt for the entirety of the plot. It's distracting and you know it was intentional.
>Why the fuck are you randomly bringing niggers up?
To give an example of profiling and why it's alright. If you want a job, act professional. Don't come to an interview in your underwear if you want the guy doing the interview to think you're serious. You could "potentially" be the best employee ever, but why should he even give you the chance if you don't look like you care? He sees hundreds of potential employees day in and day out, so why should he give you special care and treatment in order to not "judge you unfairly"?
>>
>>332584553
he's a faker
>>
>>332592269
Affirmative action only gets you so far in a lot of towns, actually. The only black guys I see working in my towns are the ones that don't act like niggers. Meanwhile, their retarded cousins are still unemployed.
>>
>>332593421
Saying "It's bad" isn't the same thing.
You shouldn't have to write three goddamn ranting paragraphs for something I can respond to in 7 words jesus fucking christ seek help and you're going off on an unrelated tangent again with the third one.
>>
>>332593421
all that text and you didn't say a single meaningful thing
>>
File: 881.jpg (193 KB, 700x937) Image search: [Google]
881.jpg
193 KB, 700x937
>>332584506
What game is this?
>>
File: b57.png (90 KB, 996x832) Image search: [Google]
b57.png
90 KB, 996x832
>>332594461
Sweet rebuttal, mate.
>>332594161
>Saying "It's bad" isn't the same thing.
What? You're basically saying that every design is valid when it clearly isn't. If your design is bad, it should be taken like the joke it is, and as such that it is invalid. Sorry to tell you this, but your parents lied to you. Not everything you do is special and if you submit your squiggly stick figure drawings to a graphic design contest, you'll get laughed out of the competition.
>You shouldn't have to write three goddamn ranting paragraphs for something I can respond to in 7 words jesus fucking christ seek help
/v/ is not Twitter. The character limit is larger here for a reason.
>>
>>332595153
You're pulling stuff out of nowhere. The discussion started with you complaining that a character's appearance doesn't get your dick hard and now you're trying to turn it into something about good character design, when we know fuck all about the character and the way they look could either be completely fitting or god awful for the characterization. Anything you can bring up at this point won't make you any less of a crybaby over your aborted boner.
>>
>>332595605
When did I say anything about my boner? Do you seriously think that good female character design automatically = it must be sexually appealing. I'd say Samus Aran has a good design and she's in a fucking power suit.
>>
>>332595905
The only context we have here is a picture. You can't say much about the design outside of the appearance, and given you're complaining about the buzzcut it's obviously the focus of the discussion. In which case it comes back to you whining again, because a buzzcut on a female doesn't automatically make it a bad character unless you grade character designs on how attractive or "cool" you think they look visually. If that was the focus of *every goddamn character design ever*, every single piece of media would be worse off for it, and that's all anyone could possibly infer that you're advocating for by complaining about fucking buzzcuts.
>>
File: 1439506131725.png (2 MB, 1446x1262) Image search: [Google]
1439506131725.png
2 MB, 1446x1262
i like my women with hair everywhere but the head
>>
>>332596628
>unless you grade character designs on how attractive or "cool" you think they look visually
Uh... yeah? Isn't that a central tenant of design? I'm talking about the design itself, not the character's personality. The reason people like how certain cars look is due to the attractive design. You know, the visual part. That's why it's called a design. This has nothing to do with for or function. If it were, then I assume we'd make every character bald like Agent 47
>>
>>332597052
>tenant
Tenet, you illiterate moron. And before you scream ad hominem, I'm not the guy you're arguing with.
>>
>>332597052
If you don't get that a character can have a good design without having a striking/cool/attractive visual design then you either haven't been exposed to much media, or haven't paid any attention while doing so. A visual aspect that you don't personally like the look of can easily be an extension of a fictional character's personality in the same manner as it would be in reality, because most of the time fictional characters are trying to seem like real world people as well. For example, the "Poor example" you listed of Fedorabrony the Samurai could easily be a good character based on how the other elements of their design come together, how they're used in the story etc. Visuals aren't the be all end all. Not liking something doesn't immediately invalidate its use.
>>
>>332596759
like chest and shoulders?
>>
>>332584506

Mars War Logs wasn't made by an American company. Try again?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.