[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: gah.png (193 KB, 689x404) Image search: [Google]
gah.png
193 KB, 689x404
What went right?
>>
Left is wrong resolution.
>>
image for ants
>>
File: 1456193588803.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1456193588803.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
Is there a reason why the virtual console games are always dark?
>>
>>332585130
I don't get that at all. I play on the VC with the backlight all the way up, and it doesn't seem as off as it does in Internet screenshots.
>>
>>332584007
>resells ROMs downloaded from coolroms
>takes down whole coolroms nintendo section
the fuck???
>>
>>332585130
It only shows up dark through screenshots and game capture. Nobody really knows why it's like that but it that's how it do.
>>
When are the Wily Wars coming to the eShop?
>>
It's cheaper?

I mean, LC isn't bad by any means. Like at all. It's a decent collection, however, I'd MUCH rather have had M2 make the collection.. LC still has those fucking Backbone quirks they always had.
>>
>>332585501
>using coolroms
>>
>>332584509
I think there was someone making a case that 4:3 is not actually the resolution meant for a lot of older games. Anyone know anything about this?

I don't know how that would happen since the devs should know it would end up being on 4:3 screens. I think he said they should be something like 7:6 or 8:7?
>>
>>332586173
It might have something to do with the way the left side of a screen will loop and display on the edge of the right side when scrolling.

Shit gets my autism flaring when it happens.
>>
>>332586843
No, he was basically talking about how a lot of nearly-square sprites and tiles in games become perfect squares when you change the ratio. Over and underscan is another thing I don't really know much about.
>>
>>332586173
8:7 is the internal resolution of the NES/SNES, but it was stretched horizontally to fill a 4:3 screen.

In other words, the NES/SNES actually have rectangular pixels. If you emulate and the pixels are square, you're playing it wrong. This is also the reason these games are blurred on Wii U/3DS, because Nintendo knows to stretch them to 4:3.

>>332586843
That's a visual glitch caused because the NES doesn't have enough memory to scroll in four directions. NES games that do four-directional scrolling have a special chip in the cartridge to force it to scroll that way, the side effect is that glitchy line.
>>
>>332584007
>>332584007
Its a fucking filter they use on everything emulated to preven epileptic attacks and all those flashes old games had, so yeah, they care more for his ass not beign sued than retain simpler colours for your nostalgia
>>
File: gfs_49865_2_4.jpg (78 KB, 514x465) Image search: [Google]
gfs_49865_2_4.jpg
78 KB, 514x465
>>332587895 here, take a look at this screenshot. This is 8:7. See how the magnifying glass is squashed? When played in 4:3 it becomes a proper circle.
>>
So is the 3ds version any good?
>>
>>332587895
>In other words, the NES/SNES actually have rectangular pixels. If you emulate and the pixels are square, you're playing it wrong.
I can't do shit about that since stretching the pixels on an LCD monitor looks awful.
>>
>>332589475
Massive slowdowns here and there, you better get pc
>>
>>332587895
Wait, why would they be blurred on VC? Shouldn't they use nearest neighbor interpolation? Then, worst case scenario is every so many lines is fucked in size if they wanted to fit the whole vertical size of the screen. There's no way a blurry interpolation would look better.
>>
>>332591482
It's only an issue in MM5. RM5 plays fine, but the challenges force you to use MM5.
>>
>>332585519
>t only shows up dark through screenshots and game capture
not true, all the games look dark as fuck
especially super mario 64
>>
>>332585519
>>332585328
Then you can't see. Virtual Console games are noticeably darker than a native 3DS game or an emulator. I don't know why some people deny this.
>>
>>332585501

>coolroms

All you need is Emuparadise. Run by a massive Samusfag from Montenegro who doesn't give a shit about making money beyond server costs.
>>
>>332591871
So the challenges have slowdown? Would I be better off emulating them on my 3ds?
>>
>>332593913
By them I mean the games in general, not the challenges.
>>
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.