[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: FOX ONLY.jpg (67 KB, 450x632) Image search: [Google]
FOX ONLY.jpg
67 KB, 450x632
Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube
>>
>>332575284
Half the characters are clones
>>
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
Dark Souls for Playstation 3 and Windows Personal Computer
>>
>esam is third in the summit vote
>he might not make it after buying all those votes
top kek
>>
>Unless Sky and MacD are found guilty in court they have too many followers to be touched even if the Brandon guy is right
>>
>>332576082
And yet it's still better than any smash bros game that came after it
>>
>>332576473
He has so many votes, even if he doesn't get in this round he 100% will next round.

Unless support for him literally stops and everyone else's suddenly skyrockets.
>>
>>332576779
PM
>>
>>332578173
that's a mod, anon
>>
>>332578432
Still a game
Like the original cs
>>
>>332579003
if PM counts, sure I agree with you
>>
>>332578173
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>332575284
Generals go on /vg/
>>
>>332575284
Generals go on >>>/vg/
>>
>>332580010
>>332580142
>discussion of video games is not allowed on /v/ - video games
Fuck off
>>
>>332575284
This is the wrong board for a general thread.
>>
>>332580207
>>332575284
>>>/vg/

>This board is for the posting of video game "general" threads, which are long-term, recurring threads about a specific topic.

Go there
>>
>>332576710
>I can't
>Understand
>Your accent
>>
>>332580381
Go tell that to the censorship and console wars threads made everyday.
>>
They were using their brains unlike you 4chan!!!!!!!!
>>
>>332580495
This isn't about those threads. Melee threads are breaking the rules. There's never even a proper OP post. Why are these threads made? For general Meee discussion. Thus:

>>>/vg/
>>
Im confused, I understand leffens visa shit, but why are people acting like his return is never ever? Can somebody explain
>>
>>332575284
OP, if you're going to make a general thread, do it on /vg/. Make a proper, specific OP post if not.
>>
>>332580885

obama edge game too strong
>>
>>332580779

>long-term, recurring

Doesn't apply to smash threads so they belong here

Sorry bud
>>
>>332580142
>>332580381
>>332580779
>>332581504
This isn't a fucking general. We're talking about video games on the video game board. I 100% guarantee you're one of those faggots who say VIDEO GAME Pokemon threads should only be on /vp/.

>Melee threads are breaking the rules
Oh so you're all mods/janitors then? Put on your tag and reply to my post and say this video game thread is not allowed to be on the video game board. Oh what's that? You're just an average poster? Well fuck right off. If you're going to bitch and moan either filter the MD5 or go complain on /qa/ you fucking worms.
>>
>>332580779
So you realize there is already a smash general and it only discusses Sm4sh, right? Besides, /vg/ is fucking cancer.
>>
>>332581815
>>332581813
These threads happen a few times a day

The OP is "Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube"

Not "Leffen is going to BTFO Armada at Genesis 15" or "What do you think about Melee's artstyle?" It's a GENERAL OP. So it should go on /vg/. Not sure how you can argue this.
>>
>>332582668

Nah.

Good luck whining to the jani though
>>
>>332582668
This is the first one I've seen all day.

In this thread, we will discuss Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube. There's a fuckton to talk about right now, there doesn't need to be a main topic for any given thread you fucking newfag. Like I said, if you have a problem take it to /qa/ instead of trying to be some autistic hero. You're just derailing the thread.
>>
File: god tier doubles teamwork.webm (2 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
god tier doubles teamwork.webm
2 MB, 600x338
ESAM is a hypocritical dick

if Duck doesn't make it to Summit2 I'm gonna be sad
>>
>>332583304
No ones even talking
>>
>>332584143
Because your radiating autism has already contaminated this thread.
>>
>>332584332
Try /vg/ for generals
>>
File: 1408674609187.gif (496 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
1408674609187.gif
496 KB, 500x455
>>332584475
>he's run out of things to say
Ok buddy, I'm leaving this thread right after I post this. It's getting sad for you.
>>
1. The word "general" isn't in the OP at all so this isn't a general.

2. I can't wavedash for shit well constantly, any tips?
>>
WOBBLES IS LITERALLY

LITERALLY

OUR GUY
>>
>>332585480
Who do you play?

Wavedash timing differs, pick one char and keep practicing the timing.
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
>>332584102
>Always makes tweets and videos about how he hates the Smash/Melee community
>tweeted just a few months ago that he doesnt care about Melee (I cant find it any more, I think he deleted it but it was still online just a couple weeks ago)
>rank 81
>biggest win was a depressed and tired moon
>second best win was Alex19
>is a cuck who doesnt see anything wrong with the smash sisters trash
>says he doesnt care about getting into the summit and then like a day or two later starts campaigning like crazy (probably because he realized how much attention he could get out of it)
Whatever, at least we'll see him getting raped by the other 24 good players there
>>
>>332585480
If you haven't already, you should try wavedashing with the other shoulder button. It might sound like a terrible idea, but I tried using L instead of R, and my wavedashes have become crispy. It seems to help me do better angles now too, I go much longer distances. I still waveland with R because it feels more comfortable.
>>
>>332585480
Keep practicing and grinding it out, I can wavedash, waveland, ledgedash (on and off o the ledge) all consistantly, but I sure as fuck didnt start out that way, it probably took me longer than most just to get down regular wavedashes consistantly.
I recommend only practicing it with your main to get the muscle memory down since characters can have different jumpsquat frames (eg try wavedashing with Kirby then try Bowser, world of difference)
>>
I met MacD and Sky at a tournament a while ago, I went with my boyfriend. When we approached them MacD looked at me then at my boyfriend and said "The fuck you doing with this stupid cunt? Get with this dick or get raped you whore.", I was completely shocked and didn't know if he was joking so I stood in silence just not sure of what to say. Then a voice was heard from behind him "Oh MacD you found another goofball?", "Yeah Sky, this one looks like a complete dick head, his boyfriend is pretty banging though, I'd fuck his asshole", "Oh yeah, maybe we should fill his boyfriend ass with goofballs so he'd know how much of a goofball he is". Right at that moment MacD jumped on my boyfriend and pulled his pants down, I tried to stop him but Sky jumped on me and held me down he started whispering in my ear "He's going to get the goofballs and you aint going to do nothing about it!", I watched on in horror as my boyfriend stared at me in the eyes as MacD undressed him and rammed his fingers up his ass, he was trying to scream but MacD just kept pushing his head down. MacD looked at me and mouthed the word "Goofball", It was like a silent movie, I watched as MacD then proceeded to pull out his testicles and forcibly push them into his anus with his hands. Sky who was still holding me down started to squeal into my ear "He's getting the goofballs", he started to twist my nipple as far as it could go, and I could feel blood trickling from it onto my shirt, I felt what I can assume was Skys boner pushing into my back... I blacked out.
>>
>>332586192
The best part is, the only reason he's able to be nominated at all was an EXTREMELY lucky bracket at Big House.
>>
File: 1439157412094.png (447 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1439157412094.png
447 KB, 720x720
>>332582668
Holy shit shut the fuck up
>>
>>332580010
>>332580142
>>332580381
>>332580779
>>332584475
>>332586016
Why aren't any of you bitching in the game dev thread that gets made every single day?
>>
I like having the Moon on commentary.
>>
>>332588919
>he's not going to summit
>over esam
fuck me thb
>>
>>332589760
I'd give the Moon all my votes if I had any.
>>
>typically go 0-2 in locals, 2-2 at best
>the guys who beat me get destroyed by the guys who win the locals
>the guys who win at my locals are literally whos who get destroyed at regionals
>my region sucks

I have spent thousands upon thousands of hours on this game and have followed the competitive scene since its conception. How the fuck are people so good?
>>
>>332591584
Consistency, dexterity, natural skill, hard work, etc.

There are many ways to approach Melee, sometimes I 0-2 people who 4-stocked me weeks before, or you see people quadshine to ledge grab into invincible ledgedash and still lose to the worst people in the venue.

You need a balance on your play, maybe the thousands of hours you played made you predictable, and that's why others beat you, on the same line, the ones that beat the ones that you lose to are better at mixing up shit during the match and win because of it.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.