[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best robot mech game ever? game must have swappable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
File: Armored_Core_2_cover_art.jpg (65 KB, 256x362) Image search: [Google]
Armored_Core_2_cover_art.jpg
65 KB, 256x362
What is the best robot mech game ever?

game must have swappable parts
>>
>>332572314
but you just posted it OP

I really hope From makes more mech games now that they're done with souls
>>
>2
>best
It's even slower than 1
>>
File: 1448804580069.png (29 KB, 213x248) Image search: [Google]
1448804580069.png
29 KB, 213x248
>>332572314
>action/mech genre is dead
>years since an armored core game has been released
>makers of the mechwarrior series are dead and gone
>no one gave front mission evolved a chance because it had Front Mission on it's title without being a strategy game
>>
>>332572314
What are the reccomended AC games on PS2 to play? There were a lot of them and I want to skip any that may pale in comparison.
>>
>>332574858
All of them except Nine Breaker. It's not bad but it's just the arena and nothing else
>>
>>332574858
If you never play AC before, play 1 to understand the game and the atmosphere. Play 2 if you want to be a completionist but you can skip to 3, which is the best trilogy of the ps2. Skip Nine Breaker
>>
File: armored core last raven.jpg (52 KB, 500x712) Image search: [Google]
armored core last raven.jpg
52 KB, 500x712
>>
>>332575045
I played a tiny bit of AC1 on PS1 a lifetime ago, has it aged well?
>>
>>332574638

I want From Soft to have another go at Armored Core now that they've clearly benefited from their souls success. Would be a fine addition the the list of upcoming PS4 games.
>>
>>332575136
Mah nigga, I was just about to post this
>>
Mechwarrior is the best series, but each entry except 1 and vanilla 4 (Mercs was good) has something I liked most about it.

If all the good things from the series could be combined into a single game it would be godly.
>>
>>332575045
>the best trilogy of the ps2

AC is tied with AC for best PS2 trilogy.
>>
>>332575157
It will feel slow and you might not like the control compare to the newer AC but it there and still one of the best PS1 game in terms of replayability
>>
>>332575203
I want them to make a new GOOD Tenchu again. Co op would be a bonus
>>
>>332575157
>>332575542
But if you want to skip to the PS 2 series, go directly to 3 and it trilogy. I think Final Raven let you replace AC 1 in a PS 2 graphic
>>
>>332575687
YES! holy fuck yes.
>>
MechWarrior 3
>>
>>332575136
This anon is right.

AC2 is a close second for me though.
>>
>>332575136
Going from Silent Line to this was the equivalent of going from eating some mild spicy peppers that barely peak to eating a ghost pepper.
>>
>>332575687
>tfw Tenchu was legitimately the only real stealth ninja series in vidya
>>
File: 1401812448612.jpg (156 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
1401812448612.jpg
156 KB, 746x982
>>332575910
>tfw there will never again be a good MW game.
>>
>>332576354
Yup, occasionally there are some super ninja powers but for the most part, its well grounded. I actually enjoyed Tenchu on X360 too because of the co op with friends.
>>
>>332575136
How well does the AC series emulate?

this game was god tier
>>
>>332575136
ive actually got an issue emulating this, as the screen turns black whenever i enter combat, so i cant see anything, any tips?
>>
>>332577098
Not him but try playing the psp version instead of the ps2 version.
>>
>>332576659
I haven't had any luck with them. They all seem to run terribly no matter how much I mess with PCSX2's settings.
>>
>>332577435
Not him but I had the same problem with the PS2 version. Try the PSP version instead
>>
File: Phantom_Crash.jpg (36 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
Phantom_Crash.jpg
36 KB, 250x353
Best game that no one fucking played, sadly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwNApZMTKj8
>>
>Swappable parts
Just get Gundam Breaker 3 then.
>>
>>332576659
Nexus, Nine Breaker and Last Raven are demanding. Everything before that runs smoothly.
>>
>>332577991
I fucking loved this game, wish i could play it again.
>>
>>332577991
There is a semi sequel called SLAI on the PS2. HOWEVER it makes PC look like a casual game as the difficulty is just that high. Sadly it is BS difficulty...
>>
File: Chromehounds.jpg (29 KB, 256x355) Image search: [Google]
Chromehounds.jpg
29 KB, 256x355
Chromehounds
>>
Can't we all just get together and write a letter to 'From' to make another armored core game?
>>
>>332572314
AC1 had better missions and MoA had a better arena
>muh overboost
I bet you still run around with your arms trailing behind you, even as an adult.
>>
>>332580641
sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat dreaming about the glory days of chromehounds, before i got older... before the servers shut down... ;_;
At least we have M.A.V. right? Does anyone know if its good? The screenshots look nice and the developer actually updates once a week or so unlike other Early Access games.
>>
>>332581005
The wait between ACfa and ACV was four years. It hasn't even been three years since ACVD. Have a little patience, I'm sure they haven't forgotten the series.
>>
So am I the only one who hated the direction they took with AC5?

I was fine with the core designs, I was fine with controls and graphics, but I really hated how multiplayer-centric it became. I don't play anything online because I don't like playing with random people, and to do that to a series that was focused on short, ranking-based missions felt like a slap in the face, ESPECIALLY after SS-ranking ACFA.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 480x272
Last raven was the tits.
I also had a lot of fun with pic related though
>>
Just one more game.

Once sequel and i can die a happy man.
>>
>>
File: willie.jpg (34 KB, 648x361) Image search: [Google]
willie.jpg
34 KB, 648x361
>>332574638
>implying I didn't give evolved a chance
It was objectively bad. Why did your parts disappear when you bought a new one?
Pretty sure it had auto save for your file so bought the wrong weapon? oops other parts are gone. Credits gone. Game just wanted you to buy one set of gear (and gave achievements for which one).
Get into online mode should be better right? No you're a pleb rank one higher levels unlocks better stuff. Not to mention it was so objectively bad it was hard as fuck to even get a match no one wanted to play. I'm pretty sure that helix started seeding bots into the multiplayer to get people to play because after a while every match there was this one fucking guy with motars. I know his mech wasn't faster than mine but somehow he's always right in a perfect spot maintaining perfect distance away firing motars non stop no aiming and getting a dead on hit. The freaking motars reset every damn time you pushed the button and held it down to fire ityou'd have to move the arc forward unless you had the person dead set right in the exact default position it wasn't even humanly possible to keep people in that sweet spot (hence why it was aimable like that you could move the arc outward a bit but every time you released it it'd revert back to the default closer spot). the gauge to unlock super speed/invicibility/super damage ability thing was a copy of gundam00 rieser system.
It wasn't gundam, it wasn't front mission, it was just a game nobody enjoyed playing which offered a few superficial choices but tried to push you into generic stuff which was the opposite of what made building mechs in other front mission games.
>>
>>332575136
i broke like three fucking controllers playing last raven. anybody who says the soulsborne games are hard are fucking babbies who never had to fight thunderstrike in one of the first goddamn missions of the game.
>>
>>332575136
I was so bad at this game but at the same time loved it
>>
>>332572314
Mate, let's be real here. While AC2 was my first AC game, and I loved the fuck out of it and still do, it's far from being the best mech game let alone the best AC game.
>>
Front Mission 3 OP.

>>332574638
Evolved shouldn't have had the FM name since it only worked against it due to expectations. Game was alright on its own, although the single player missions were rather simplistic in layout. That multi though...
>>
How's the PS3 game? Saw it for sale at a flea market a few days ago
>>
>>332589295
which one, there are four AC games for ps3
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.