[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the chopper called morpho in GZ because Medic "morphed"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: big_boss_088.png (199 KB, 353x352) Image search: [Google]
big_boss_088.png
199 KB, 353x352
>the chopper called morpho in GZ because Medic "morphed" himself with Big Boss at the end of the mission
>>
no, it's called Morpho because of the morpho butterflies that signify peace
>>
nice thread
>>
I didn't like how Eli and the kids captured Pequod and everyone was cool with it.

I got pretty attached to him.
>>
wow so dep
>>
>>332570903
>SNAKE
>SNEAK
>>
>>332572092
>SNAKE
>STEAK
>>
Did they ever explan what happened to morhpo? I was really attached to him.
>>
>>332572092
>SNAKE
>KNEAS
>>
man venom looks like shit in a bandana
>>
>>332571569
I also got pretty attached to this guy. Anyone else?
>>
File: YaIhbVG.png (944 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
YaIhbVG.png
944 KB, 1024x683
>>332572408
he ded anon :'(
>>
>>332570903
"Truth" was a lie, medic was Ishmael, you were playing as Big Boss the whole time.
>>
File: 5686976uyi.png (1 MB, 1276x670) Image search: [Google]
5686976uyi.png
1 MB, 1276x670
Thanks Kojima, not like that cut content sounded like it would be fun anyway.
>>
>>332572408
Morpho (it's actually 2 pilots if you look closely), the MSF men who made it on board, and Chico all died in the crash.
>>
>>332572612
This man is the heart and soul of the Support team, of course I got attached to him
>>
I feel like Phantom Pain would have been better if it wasn't open world
>>
>>332571569
There were 3 different periods right?
One died in the Skulls attack when you rescue Code Talker, one got kidnapped by Eli and the child soldiers, and there was one more for the missions after that
>>
>>332572992
>blaming Kojima and not Konami
>>
>>332574017
>periods
Pequods
>>
>>332573245
The inherent problem with open world games is that the player is always a catalyst for everything that happens. Devs always emphasize the "dynamic" aspect of it, but a truly dynamic world would have characters running their own routines.

For example, how awesome would it be if they incorporated MGS4's system where there are two sides fighting against each other while you're the the 3rd party trying to sneak your way past them? Like you could come across on Mujahideen soldiers attacking Soviet outposts, or Soviet tanks on the way to attack a Mujahideen camp?

I'm mixed since I've enjoyed the almost 80 hours I've put into the Single Player, but I do agree that MGSV would have benefited from a more focused level design. Again, the game was released after numerous delays and half finished and I still bought the game knowing that, so I really can't complain.
>>
>>332573245
I'm going to get shit on for this, but MGSV would have been much better if it was cut into episodic chunks like GZ.

Each chunk would have it's own unique location/base, cutscenes and side ops.

GZ had a more interesting story presented in a 45 minute level than anything post hospital in V.
>>
>>332574267
Yes. I'm blaming Hideo "Waste millions contracting someone to make music that I had no intention of using because I'm salaried so it doesn't matter if I ever release this game" Kojima.
>>
>>332574267
He could have managed it better, he was shit at managing the team. Also story of MGSV is very bad
>>
>>332574654
>For example, how awesome would it be if they incorporated MGS4's system where there are two sides fighting against each other while you're the the 3rd party trying to sneak your way past them? Like you could come across on Mujahideen soldiers attacking Soviet outposts, or Soviet tanks on the way to attack a Mujahideen camp?

THIS. What the fuck Konami/Kojima? The system was already there in MGS4, playing each faction off against each other to achieve your objectives would have been GOAT material.

>Need to rescue a prisoner in a Soviet Outpost
>Can either disguise as a Mujahideen fighter and help them take the outpost
>Can disguise as a Soviet and take out the Mujahideen forces to enter the outpost.
>can escalate the conflict to cause a massive distraction as you infiltrate the base.

What a wasted opportunity.
>>
>D Dog is named D Dog cuz the D is short for Diamond in which is the name of their group called the Diamond Dogs

Mind blown.
>>
>>332574859
If Phantom Pain was more smaller areas like Camp Omega, I think I would have enjoyed it more. Afghanistan and Africa don't have enough content to justify their size, and a lot of the enemy bases you can infiltrate are just small and uninteresting.
>>
>>332575326
>>332574654

That originally WAS going to happen in the game, it was planned to have small battles between the child soldiers and the soviets and also with your troops and WHOOOO's army

It got scrapped early in development
>>
MGSV would have been x1000 times better without the current base building crap.

>Weapons and gear are unlocked based on mission performance. (S ranks give the best rewards)
>Soldiers join you based on your mission performance
>MB is much smaller but also a lot more personal

Much better.

I hated that they give you hundreds of lethal weapons and items but I felt compelled to scan every soldier to make sure I wasn't wasting S ranks.
Same deal with completing missions full stealth, I just HAD to scan every soldier, and if someone on the other side of the base had an S+ in embroidery then I would have to extract him.

It completely triggered my autism and started to kill my enjoyment of the game slightly. The enemies didn't feel like enemies, they felt like walking resources on the same scale as a material container.
>>
>>332572092
Snake and Sneak are the same word etymologically speaking
>>
Anyone else noticed that we didn't get the promised return to camp omega in SINGLEPLAYER stuff?
>hurr hurr there is a camp omega map in MGO
>pls
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.