[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never owned any Sega console and now I have access
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: sega.jpg (64 KB, 1223x466) Image search: [Google]
sega.jpg
64 KB, 1223x466
I've never owned any Sega console and now I have access to the Mega Drive, Mega CD, Master System, Game Gear and SG-1000.

Any suggestions for games? I've played all the Sonic games but that's about it.
>>
Phantasy Star 1-4
Streets of Rage 1-3
Wonder Boy games
Alex Kidd games
Kid Chameleon
Comix Zone
Lunar 1-2
>>
Golden Axe Warrior is a great Zelda clone, Streets of Rage 2 for the Genesis is a must-have. Asterix for the Sega Master System is a neat little platformer, Wonder Boy 3 is the highlight of the series.
>>
wonderboy in monster world
>>
>>332562161
Lunar is great. Shining Force is legit as fuck.
>>
>>332562161
Just curious, but are you emulating or did you buy the systems?
>>
>>332562161
Landstalker and Warsong on the Mega Drive are both legit 10/10 games.
>>
Dragon force is one of my favorite games ever
>>
>>332565449
Of course it is anon. That is because it simply is one of the best games ever. But OP didn't ask about Saturn games.
>>
>>332563953
Just started emulating everything lately.
>>
>>332565195
Play Der Langrisser instead, because the sequel is better than Warsong and you don't have to deal with the localizers changing the graphics to be less anime like you did with Warsong.

Also: Thunder Force IV, aka Lightening Force in the USA.
>>
>>332565938
If you like Metal Gear, you should check out Snatcher on Sega CD, one of Kojima's past works.

Also licensed shit on the MD tends to be pretty good. I loved the Jurassic Park, Aladdin, and Lion King games.

And definitely don't forget Castlevania Bloodlines
>>
rocket knight adventures + dynamite headdy
>>
File: 1423729599029.jpg (2 MB, 3200x3000) Image search: [Google]
1423729599029.jpg
2 MB, 3200x3000
>>332562161

Mega-Drive/Genesis Games:

Gunstar Heroes
Alien 3 (a distinct version in comparison to SNES release)
Revenge of Shinobi & Shinobi III
Gley Lancer
Vector-Man
ECCO the Dolphin
Ranger-X
Columns
Beyond Oasis
Alisia Dragoon
Thunder Force II-IV
Hang-On & Super Hang-On
Outrun
Afterburner II
Ri-Star
MERCS
Chaos Engine
Desert, Jungle and Urban Strike (was temporarily exclusive to the SEGA MD/Genesis; EA later released these games on other consoles like the SNES and the Amiga).
>>
Play all of the alternative multiplats, or at least Alladin and Rocket Knight if I have to give a pick.They are all fairly interesting.
>>
Final Fight and Snatcher for Sega CD
>>
Streets of Rage 2
Toejam & Earl
Ristar
Comix Zone
Golden Axe 2
Mega Bomberman
Ecco the Dolphin
Altered Beast
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Aladdin
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Sonic Spinball
World of Illusion featuring Mickey & Donald
Quackshot
>>
Beyond Oasis was amazing.
>>
File: SRRisagreatgame.jpg (367 KB, 982x1378) Image search: [Google]
SRRisagreatgame.jpg
367 KB, 982x1378
>>332562161
• Aladdin
• Altered Beast
• Beyond Oasis
• Comix Zone
• Earthworm Jim 1 and 2
• Ecco The Dolphin
• Fatal Labyrinth
• Gemfire
• Golden Axe 1-3
• Gunstar Heroes
• Landstalker
• Lethal enforcers
• Mega Bomberman
• Revenge of Shinobi
• Shadowrun (Sega Genesis)
• Shining In The Darkness
• Shining Force
• Shining Force 2
• Streets of Rage 1-3
• Sid Meier's Pirates
• Toe Jam and Earl
• Vector-Man
• Willy Beamish
• Zombies ate my Neighbors
>>
>>332562161
Phantasy Star 4 is the pinnacle of RPG on the system.

Ecco the dolphin if it doesn't scare you

Shining Force 1 and especially 2.

Comix Zone

Crusader of Centy/Ragnacenty are basically SEGA's attempt at making something precisely like Zelda. I really liked it. You get animal compansions (2 at a time) instead of items like Link. You can swap diff companions to make a diff combo effect each time and do interesting things like fire off flaming boomerangs or have a fire sword or ice sword or bomb sword, so much weird shit.

As others have said Snatcher is a fucking amazing game. If you like difficult point and click adventures try Willy Beamish on Sega CD.
>>
>>332562161
>>332562161
>>>/vr/
>>
>>332573617
No
>>
File: IT'S LIKE BOO!.gif (28 KB, 500x655) Image search: [Google]
IT'S LIKE BOO!.gif
28 KB, 500x655
>>332562661
>Streets of Rage
>3
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.