[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: post descriptions and details of games that you forgot or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1458643806542.jpg (50 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1458643806542.jpg
50 KB, 400x323
ITT: post descriptions and details of games that you forgot or barely remember, other anons help you find them. Post as much info as you can: platform, genre, visual style, etc.

Last thread 404'd and I'm still looking for two games.

1) Isometric top-down shooter game, either NES or Sega Genesis, most likely Genesis.
I could swear it had Contra in the title but that might have been a wrong label on the cartridge or something, because I couldn't find this game going by the Contra word
The game was kinda fast and with a lot of shit going on the screen, sometimes (near the end I think) it went kinda ridiculous and the game took place in the space or some shit, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Japanese. On top of that, I was a kid and played it with a fever, so the whole experience was like a fever dream.
The protagonist might have or might have not been long-haired

2) Mega Drive or PS1
Top down camera, most likely JRPG
I only remember one particular section of the game: it was set in a mining coal prison and the bad guys forced prisoners to mine.
It was one of those "you lose all your equipment" sections, you had to talk to other prisoners, mine, craft some equipment and make a break at the end.
This very well might be a section from one of pretty popular RPGs, but I forgot which one had this coalmine prison section exactly.
>>
>>332561624
>PC Game
>First person shooter
>very dark corridors, almost labyrinth-like
>remember a giant crucifix in one of the corridors
>spooky soundtrack
>late-90s to early 2000s era

This was on my grandads computer when he was building PCs for fun but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. Good luck.
>>
>>332561943
Painkiller?
>>
>>332562319
Nah, earlier than that. Also darker, if you can believe it.
>>
Horse racing/breeding/betting game for Tandy Deskmate. That's all I can remember, really.
>>
>>332561943
Hexen?
>>
>>332562635
Race the Nags?
>>
>>332562527
hexen or heretic
>>
>>332562743
Assuming the Tandy version is similar to the DOS version, I'd have to say this isn't it. The one I played had a pasture for retiring and breeding horses, and a paddock for declaring new horses eligible for races. I also remember it looking even more crude than this game. Thanks, though.
>>
A bump before I'm going to sleep, pls don't die
>>
> spaceshipy shmup, only played a demo
> had a huge asteroid roll through the screen at one point
> upgrade that sped you up a lot for a while and skipped half the level
> demo's final boss were 2 caterpillar-like things
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.