[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy Demon Souls >play it for an hour >no plot >no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: will.png (66 KB, 298x332) Image search: [Google]
will.png
66 KB, 298x332
>buy Demon Souls
>play it for an hour
>no plot
>no music
>no fun

Why do people like this series again? Does it get any better?
>>
Same boat desu

Replayed DaS1 because everybody is talking about it.
Bought DeS and struggled to get into it. There's no hook.
>>
babbys first troll attempt

son, i am disappoint
>>
>>332554239
its one of those games young people play for validation of their pathetic existence because they managed to artfully dodge moves telegraphed by enemies so obvious that they might as well ask permission before striking.
>>
It's a meme game.
>LOL DUDE SO HARD
>LOL I BEAT THE GAME MOM
>>
>>332554520
its one of those comments young men make for validation of their pathetic exstence because they managed to nit pick one aspect of the game so obvious they may as well be asking for upboats.
>>
>>332554519
Not even trolling, I have the game right infront of me and haven't been so disappointed from a buy in a while
>>
>no music
lul
>>
A T M O S P H E R E
T
M
O
S
P
H
E
R
E
>>
>>332554918
Well, get a refund and get a copy of fallout 3 or sonething.
>>
>>332555096
>replace garbage with garbage
>>
File: 1456971154582.png (20 KB, 429x469) Image search: [Google]
1456971154582.png
20 KB, 429x469
>Couldn't find his way to the tutorial boss in an entire hour

is this modern gaming?
>>
The pc port is terrible.
>>
>>332555751
It has no PC port retard
>>
>>332554586
DeS not DaS
DeS wasn't made to be hard. It's why every boss is a gimmick/puzzle.
>>
>>332555814
Never mind I was thinking of Bloodborne.
>>
DeS is a hit or miss with people. Fans like it mostly for the atmosphere and level design. I can tell you right now you're playing it with the wrong mindset and you probably won't get into it at this point. This game was a new idea back in its time and there's a lot to appreciate in it.
>>
If I had bought this game blind, and if I had been younger I would have thought it the greatest game on earth.

When I did finally give in and try... Man was I bored. I was playing dragon's dogma at the time and this drab and dreary atmosphere, while interesting and engaging at first didn't hold me for long.

Did spend a good few hours on it but nah.

Absolutely loving bloodborne. Love the world and game play and everything.

Never played dark souls as I assume it's quite similar to DeS.
>>
>>332557897
I played DeS. A lot. It was the only game I had on my PS3 for a while. I love the game, and I love Dark Souls, more so than Bloodborne. But Bloodborne has ruined them for me. I went back to play through all the Souls games before 3, after spending a lot of time on BB. They're so boring in comparison.
>>
>>332557897
I agree.
I am playing DeS and I can only play it for a short while before I get bored.Granted I started with DaS1 so I was already kind of spoiled.The game itself isn't bad and I do intend to finish it but I prefer DaS1 and BB than DeS,especially BB.
>>
File: Caim_OA.jpg (73 KB, 850x800) Image search: [Google]
Caim_OA.jpg
73 KB, 850x800
I'm going to unironically say this. It's supposed to be shit. Its basically a funner Drakengard where everything in the game is meant to make you feel bad.
>humanity has become so corrupt that they've awakened an ancient evil
>the world is so fucked you have no choice but to try to get rid of the demons
>the inhabitants of every land you visit have already been possessed and want you dead
>nothing you do feels heroic
>the music that plays during bosses isn't epic or exciting but instead sickening
>the voice acting is haunting
>the NPCs all feel like they exist in this world and aren't simply a game mechanic
>they either help because they care or are just trying to get by
>some outright betray your trust
>you find out the god these people worship is the same demon you're trying to get rid of
>you're left thinking about whether what you did helped the world or not

The gameplay is sort of lacking but you can at least appreciate the speed of your character.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2012-07-08-16h36m01s126.png (404 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-07-08-16h36m01s126.png
404 KB, 720x540
>>332556159
Oh you
>>
>>332560458
>the speed of your character.

You move slower than shit if you have anything but leather on
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.