[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Sony is committing sudoku with the PS4K, does Microsoft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: xbone.jpg (50 KB, 562x350) Image search: [Google]
xbone.jpg
50 KB, 562x350
Now that Sony is committing sudoku with the PS4K, does Microsoft have a second shot at it?

What should they do? New console too? What should they add to take the costumers Sony will drop?
>>
The same reports taht have confirmed the PS4K have all said MS is releasing a new Xbone as well.

I guess it will be the Xbox 1080
>>
Only way it works out for them is if they release a genuinely new Xbox instead of a One.5, commit to a normal console cycle and offer all Xbone owners a decent trade-in discount.
>>
>>332553421
There's nothing they can do this gen. They're not doing awful by any means, but Sony have completely run away with it, there's no doubt there. Next gen they'll likely release a stronger console than what Sony puts out, and claim back some lost ground.
>>
Sony has become arrogant again so quickly. I hope Microsoft puts fear back into them, since Nintendo is acting too incompetent to do it themselves.
>>
>It's another rumors are fact when I can shitpost on /v/ with it thread
>>
I am really worried that neither Microsoft nor Nintendo have enough in the tank [in the console space] to swing things back in their favor.

I'm also not convinced they don't have similar aspirations to Sony.
>>
>>332553882
LOL
>>
>>332553882
A trade-in discount would be sweet.
>>
>>332553421
Microsoft can't do shit about what's happening. If they go xbone 1.5 - they will justify sony. If they don't - xbone will be so fucking 900p obsolete compared to EVERYTHING. Besides that they are giving up everything to pc market now...
>>
Why does /v/ think PS4K is bad?
>>
File: 1210718314743.jpg (57 KB, 700x622) Image search: [Google]
1210718314743.jpg
57 KB, 700x622
>>332553882
>offer all Xbone owners a decent trade-in discount
Why do people keep talking about a trade-in? 5 years after any hardware comes out, no one would expect to be able to trade-in. No one asks Apple for a trade-in a year later when they announce a new phone, all of which are more expensive than any of these consoles, and people still get a new one every 1 to 2 years.
>>
>>332554556
Apparently a completely optional console that does nothing but play games in 4k is bad
>>
>ps4 is already superior in both hardware and software
>xbox one can barely output a dynamic resolution in 30fps
>ps4 is already getting an upgrade with twice as powerful GPU + new CPU for the SAME PRICE

microsoft is done. nintendo should scrap the NX and start over.
>>
>>332554556
4chan is contrarian and also dirt fucking poor despite all the claims for master race. If you can't pirate it, most of 4chan hates it
>>
>>332554556
>completely optional
until something is enivitiably exclusive to it like Xenoblode 3DS is to N3DS.
Not to mention the likely shitty versions of games for PS4 regular.
>>
>>332553421
I think it's a safe bet to expect

>Windows 10 x-play, x-buy for 1st party titles
>Built In backwards compatabilty for all 3 xbox systems
>1080p 60fps standard
>Continued support of GWG and DWG
>Less than $500
>Some type of steam integration if that steampowered.xbox thing will end up being anything important

They have the money, a blank slate, and they have some idea of what people want.

>>332554634
Whenever a new system comes out there is a trade in deal

this is just what happens
>>
>>332554985
>Whenever a new system comes out there is a trade in deal
Not with the company who makes it. Retailers and resellers do it. With this PS4K announcement and the looming Xbone upgrade, everyone is calling for a trade-in from Sony and Microsoft directly.
>>
>>332555208
>everyone is calling for a trade-in from Sony and Microsoft directly.

Well those people are idiots
>>
>>332553421
If they market it in the same way as their slim consoles, it shouldn't be such a disaster. Xbox 360 Elite was the same kinda thing anyway, nobody was shit-posting then.
>>
>>332554985
>1080p 60fps as standard

Why do people assume this would always be possible? It comes down to the games at the end of the day. If developers keep pushing for better and better graphics, you're gonna see downgraded performance. And then what, you're gonna hold devs hostage and not allow them to create visually impressive games because they might not meet your stupid 1080p 60fps benchmark? Get real.
>>
>>332555208
A trade-in program directly conflicts with Sony's desire to get as much money as possible from you.

The old Sega model -- sell console at a loss and make up with games -- and the old Nintendo model -- sell the console for a small profit, even if that means waiting a year and the tech isn't really cutting edge -- are both done.

It is going to be replaced with the iPhone model -- sell hardware at profit from day one and just make the customers upgrade more often.
>>
>>332555810
Devs need to learn to work with their limitations instead of alienating 2/3 of the consumer base so they can show off their sparkly particle effects while the rest of the game looks like shit
anyways because they put no effort into that part

There are plenty of games on the 360 that look better than games being released today because of competent developers/optimization
>>
>>332556342
Really the only game on the 360 which could still hold up in this gen is Gears of War 3.
>>
>>332556612

That's not Forza Horizon, m8
>>
>both Microsoft and Sony releasing 4K updates to their consoles out of nowhere
>XBone and PS4fags on suicide watch

Enjoy your obsolete $500 gayme machine.
>>
>>332553604
It'll be called the Xbox Original, with how fucking stupid their naming scheme is.

But I'm glad that Microsoft is finally rediscovering 1080p.
>>
>>332556754
OK now go and compare Horizon 2 on the Xbone to the first game on the 360 and tell me there isn't a stark difference in visual fidelity. Exactly.
>>
File: sudoku.png (109 KB, 1431x718) Image search: [Google]
sudoku.png
109 KB, 1431x718
>>
>>332556818
There's really no solid evidence of MS doing this. We're almost certain it's happening for the PS4, but I've seen nothing about MS doing it as well. It's sonygger damage control.
>>
File: halo 4.jpg (277 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
halo 4.jpg
277 KB, 1280x720
>>332556612
okay
>>
>>332553421
It's going to do absolutely nothing to hinder sales, as a matter of fact it's going to help boost them further.
>>
>>332553421
I'm honestly thinking about getting an Xbox this Friday when I get paid. They are only 299 now. Someone convince me not to.
>>
>>332557550
Upgrade pc you idiot. At least you will get 1080p with solid framerate on xbone "exclusives" that way
>>
File: AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su.jpg (51 KB, 344x359) Image search: [Google]
AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su.jpg
51 KB, 344x359
It appears Dr. Lisa Su has successfully tricked Sony into buying ultra-high end GPU parts at $250+ a pop for MUH VR.

May AMD rise back to its former glory.
>>
>>332554771
This.
>>
I am so mad. I am gonna sell my PS4 as fast as possible and change to the PC master race.

The problem is, I need a new motherboard, CPU and GPU. I will have 600 euro. What do you guys think?
>>
File: Effects2.bmp.jpg (193 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Effects2.bmp.jpg
193 KB, 1280x720
>>332557402
>Bullshot

Meanwhile, this is an actual screenshot of Gears of War 3 in-game. Aside from the resolution, you could release this today on the PS4 or Xbone and nobody would complain.
>>
>>332557772
Alright. Need a new motherboard anyway.
>>
>>332557924
>nobody would complain

Obviously you underestimate the rampant autism on this board. Look at those shadows and muddy textures for instance.
>>
>>332557924

Epic are very underrated when it comes to graphics these days, which is sad considering their track record throughout their existence.
>>
>>332558397
Those character models and lighting though. Gears 3 is an amazing looking game, it still looks great even today. The 360 a beast.
>>
>>332554556
>why are people angry about getting fucked over
we may never know
>>
>>332557550
Killer Instinct is on PC now with crossplay

gotta deal with windows 10 and the shitty store though
>>
>>332558660
UT4 looks great other than the mediocre AA settings
>>
Well, MS dont need make nothing. People who buy consoles dont care about graphics or fps, they just buy consoles because are cheap and casual machines.

PS4k is a failure, Sony will upset all your fanbase and give a chance to MS gain users.
>>
>>332554771
This post should literally be the slogan of /v/.
>>
File: Pokeyman.jpg (6 KB, 151x113) Image search: [Google]
Pokeyman.jpg
6 KB, 151x113
I'm looking forward to this. My launch PS4 turns itself on and off and ejects randomly so I can't play games for a long time. I can just trade it in get some sort of trade in cash and upgrade.

I just want to play EDF and Senran damn it.
>>
>>332561369
>My launch PS4 turns itself on and off and ejects randomly so I can't play games for a long time.
Sounds like the kind of company you line up to more products from. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>332553882
I would say this anon is correct. However releasing a new Bone this year is too soon. They should wait until late 2018 before they release a new Xbox.

They also need to not call it the xbox one. They should call the next one 720. They need to also reveal it at E3 by heavily emphasizing games above everything else. Basically do what PS4 reveal did. Sony really nailed that E3 down perfectly.
>>
they shouldn't release anything until hololens hardware and the specs needed are basic consumer level affordable. they already said that xbox one is now a budget w10 machine. they should cut the price further so that when people see xbox vs ps4k with the same exact games, but for $200 less, xbox will be chosen.
>>
>>332561850
their e3 that year sucked dick. all they did was say "used games!" and then rehash and vita bullshit. oh and indies. what a killer show. microsoft showed off far more many games and exclusives.

the actual ps4 reveal which happened months before was decent though. rushed, but they showed games, so then when ms said they were only showing hardware at the reveal and games at e3, the internet did not comprehend.
>>
They know exactly what to do.

PS4K? aww now that's a stinky if the rumours are indeed true.The boys and gals at Xbox they're probably laughing their asses off right now.
Microsoft was probably lurking this whole time and waiting for this mistake.
>>
>>332562934
>what a killer show. microsoft showed off far more many games and exclusives.

None of that mattered considering how hard their reveal failed. Sony could have had a reveal half as good as they had and they still would have looked that much better then microsoft by comparison. Don't even act like this isn't true. Even the biggest drones for xbox admitted that the Bone was looking bad.

I have two friends that only buy xbox consoles or one mainly only plays xbox and their reveal seriously almost killed them completely even for these two guys. My one friend even says he hated Sony. He still bought Xbox because they reversed course but do not act like that E3 was good. Don't even fucking bait.

Perhaps the only worst E3 was Nintendo's Wii, I forget which year might have been 09. It's with that retarded drummer guy.
>>
>>332553421
You can still laugh at the MS Cloud computing bullshit, though.
>>
>>332553421
Is sony REALLY making a 4k console when they can hardly manage to run games at 60 or even 30fps sometimes?
>>
>>332563414
DON'T EVEN pretend that Sony E3 that year was good. DON'T EVEN pretend that games wise, MS wasn't better. It wasn't even an argument. DON'T EVEN tell me about your bullshit faggot friends when mine who were Xbox fans stayed course the entire time. The Sony E3 show sucked that year, and has sucked ever since, especially considering the amount of games that have actually come out.
>>
>>332563964
DUDE NOBODY FUCKING honestly liked that shit reveal. You are clearly just shilling when you say otherwise. Microsofts Bone reveal will go down as the worst most disappointing reveal of all time for consoles at E3. That Wii one I mentioned wasn't the Wii reveal so that can't count here.

I'm not talking about games which wasn't even that big. Stop pretending that Xbone's game reveal was that much better when it clearly wasn't. It was marginally better sure I'll give you that. In no way was it that much better though. If you continue saying otherwise I can only assume you are either a shill or simply that anti Sony.

When the gaming media themselves absolutely trashed microsoft you know they fucking did bad.
>>
>>332564470
Wasn't it something to do with them pushing a big always on DRM spynet or some shit? Also SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS NOW YOU CAN WATCH SPORTS

I think they corrected these things
>>
>>332565721
They have but their reveal said they were very much going to do all of that. It turned off most people except that one anon I guess.

They seriously were going to be finished with consoles had they not reversed course. Only because they did reverse course did they somewhat recover. The media was pretty much all over how much people were displeased.
>>
>>332553421
My British cousin works for Rare. He's worked on the 360 emulation that became the basis of the 360 hypervisor used for BC. Rare has been working with Nintendo this past year using their 360 emulator modified to emulate the Wii U. The hardware is similar in a lot of ways. That's all he knows but what if that means the NX and MS's incremental Xbone update are the same thing? With Wii and Wii I BC
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.