[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: stages_excessexpress.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
stages_excessexpress.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Backtracking makes an otherwise 10/10 game an 8/10

All you do in this chapter is run left and right between four different screens

Most dungeons are built around getting a power-up and then backtracking to an earlier area and using it

Combat is great, badges are awesome, partners are great, atmosphere is comfy, and the art is pleasant to look at. My only main gripe is the tedious running back and forth.
>>
>>332553178
My biggest problem with the game was that if I was too weak for a boss, the final boss specifically I didn't have the option to take him on later when I could've leveled up or changed my stats or whatever. I was forced to try again and again, and with that looong fucking cutscene as well. Fuck.
>>
>>332555386
How did you level up? I've been putting almost everything into FP and Badges so far and im going to end up being one shot by the end bosses
>>
>>332555630
I don't remember the specifics but I remember I had so much fucking trouble with the final boss and then I watch walkthroughs just to see what I was doing wrong and that guy had like double everyhing. I did make some mistakes though which I corrected and I finally beat the game but still. Just witnessing that cutscene more than once was unbearable.
>>
>>332555901
>>332555630
Be sure to stack up on mega mushrooms and shit like that.
>>
>>332556617
I can't afford them. I'm almost done with the Express and I feel like i haven't levelled up or done anything yet
>>
>>332557485
That isn't the end if I remember correctly. You'll still go to town after this I think. Why can't you afford them though? I had shitloads of cash at the end. Also don't forget to upgrade your team mates at the wizard guys place.
>>
>>332557754
I have no idea why i'm so strapped on cash but I did go ahead and fully upgrade both goombella and vivian
>>
>>332557995
Gl m8
>>
>>332553178
Backtracking is the most popular/biggest complaint of the game. I personally don't mind it, especially in that chapter since it's just that comfy. The only real time I have an issue with it is during Chapter 4 and the General White thing you're going to do later.
>>
>>332558195
Fuck that was annoying.
>>
>>332558195
The tree chapter was pretty AIDS

Twilight Town was running back and forth

The Pirate area I just beat had you run back to the start and to an area you just were after getting the paper boat upgrade.

Wouldn't be too bad if every level wasn't re-using areas but oh well..

Express wouldn't be too bad if the long ass room with the shop and kitchens didnt need to be crossed twenty times
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.