[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I still get one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: PS3Box_60GBLaunch.jpg (36 KB, 450x442) Image search: [Google]
PS3Box_60GBLaunch.jpg
36 KB, 450x442
Should I still get one?
>>
>>332546082
yakuza plus des nigga

hack that shit tho and get free gaems
>>
>>332546082
only if it's the OG 60GB BC model
>>
>>332546287
I'd get that brand new
>>
>>332546082
certainly. It's a much wiser investment AND a better gaming machine than the PS4/Xbone at the moment.

For starters, it's the definitive MGS-platform, thanks to the exclusive MGS4, and the frigging awesome MGS Legacy Collection.
Then there's like tons of JRPGs, if those are your cup of tea. Even Persona 5's coming out on PS3 soon.

Finally, there's the other benefits, like free online, being able to still run PS1 discs, and all those sweet HD remasters of PS2 titles.'

>>332546287
While I know the appeal of the release version (PS2 BW support), the regular Slim variants are easier to locate, arguably more reliable, and all around good for just playing PS3 games.
>>
>>332546287
If it isn't you can just cfw assuming it's 3.55 to play ps2 games and pirate games
>>
Only if you can hack it.
And apparently all can be hacked.
It has a ton of exclusive JRPGs and Sony IPs.
+ MGS4 and Daemons Souls.
>>
I don't know about you, op, but buying outdated hardware just doesn't feel right for me. Unless of course there is some nostalgia involved, or it has games that can't be played otherwise.
>>
>>332546287
no dont do that.
Dont buy a time bomb because you want to play ps2 discs on a ps3.
>>
>>332546287
the slims are fine too,
only ps2 isos suffer a bit from it but most still work
>>
>>332546564
>Dont buy a time bomb
where does this meme originate from?
I've had my 60GB fat since mid 2007, and it's still working just fine.
>>
>>332546564
>a time bomb
>mine still works after 10 years

I worry for your belongings
>>
>ps4, xbone and wiiu libraries are complete trash
>implying a cfw'd ps3 isn't literally the best console right now
>>
>>332546646
>>332546649
>works just fine for me! ;)
>>
>>332546867
>I'm ass ravaged so I'll shitpost! ;^)
>>
>>332547243
https://www.squaretrade.com/htm/pdf/SquareTrade_Xbox360_PS3_Wii_Reliability_0809.pdf
I'm sorry about your ass.
>>
>>332547714
PMed you the fix! ;)
>>
>>332546380

Fag
>>
>>332546082
Sure, I'm still using one regularly. Games are cheap nowadays. Its library is huge, there must be something you missed out on.
>>
Get a used 2500 serie slim, swap hdd for a 1tb one, put cfw on it.
Download half the PSN content with PSNStuff and find the rest online.

You now have a game machine with at least 100 games
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.