[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, Helldivers. Is this a good game? Is it fun in local coop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 123.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
123.png
2 MB, 1600x900
So, Helldivers. Is this a good game? Is it fun in local coop?
>>
It's extremely fun to play in co-op, very tactical and makes you feel like a commando

but the game does take a while to rev up, at the start you don't have much diversity in weapons and you gotta complete a couple planets to get cool shit
>>
Help. Just looking for a good (local) coop game.
>>
>>332540312
yeah it's really fun, it give you the possibility to play as you want, also i had so much fun playing with a friend
it's a really nice game and if you plan on playing it with someone you should totally buy it
>>
>>332540845
>>332540871
Sounds good. How long is the game, though? Is it comparable to Earth Defense Force?
>>
It's fun for a few days, then repetition kicks in hard.

Also doesn't help that the highest difficulty is easier when playing solo.
>>
Yes it is
fuck all the DLC it has though, find a deal that has all DLC in it already
>>
>>332540950
I sunk like 25 hours into it only really being capable of completing difficulty 7 tier missions, I think there are 10 or 12 difficulties?
>>
>>332541091
Retail version has nearly everything, and it's cheap.
>>
>>332541091
Isn't the DLC cosmetics only?
>>
>>332541325
Nope, there's a good bunch of weapons and more importantly, good stratagems that are simply better and funnier to use than the basic ones.
>>
>>332541325
Nah it's usually alternate types of different weapons

most of the time it's something you can easily replace, but it's nice to have diversity
>>
>>332541325
no, have fun fighting the bug boss on a snow planet without the boots DLC
>>
>>332541913
Eh you can just unlock the jetpack and be golden
>>
>>332542048
>tfw you get kicked out of the game for not having the boots

Fucking people
>>
It's good fun but holy shit the randomly generated maps have very little variety to them. Gets very repetitive so don't expect to play long unless you want to unlock everything.
>>
>>332542684
I haven't really played with pubbies enough to know that pain, but elitism in online shit is the worst
>>
>>332542684
the comunity of that game is fucking trash 80% of the time
>get in a game
>dude stop using armor
>but i like it
>get kicked

>due stop using the (big boy gun i don't remember the name, that machine gun that you get from stratagems
>but i like it
>get kicked
for fuck sake
>>
File: 1455662949542.png (3 KB, 222x211) Image search: [Google]
1455662949542.png
3 KB, 222x211
>someone calls the co-op rocket launcher with the ammo pack that's used to reload it
>pick up the ammo pack so I can reload him instantly
>guy kills me and kicks me out because he thought I was stealing it

I'm glad you can simply solo bugs missions as long as you kill all the patrol bugs fast enough, I hate playing with these people. Not everyone is a dick though, I've had legitimately good fun on public games.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.