[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TES : Things that can make it not suck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: Elder-Scrolls-VI.jpg (27 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Elder-Scrolls-VI.jpg
27 KB, 600x300
Hey Anon.

It's something bugging my mind from a while now but i think i can pinpoint one of the biggest problem in the time consuming process of making a game ..
Hear me out.

I don't want the next TES to suck as much as the last one (was great yet could've been better) .. and certainly not as fucking retarded as Fallout 4 (you know which parts).
I kinda hope i will not sucks on the graphics but holy shit, i sure hope they will not fuck up the god damn story. And they will.
When you want to tell a story, you will definitely scribble a fuckload of text. One of the biggest time and money consuming part of the RPGs of this size is organizing the voice acting.
Therefore .. if your story as 2000 pages of text to send to VA ... you'll have make it happen and pay for it money and time.

How possible would it be ..
>for you, anon, to just accept to have a game WITH ZERO voice acting, just all text ?
>for a game to use an (avanced) text to speech for everything not related to main quest and just the main storyline gets it ?

I think if Bethesda or any other company can get rid of that amount of work, they can probably focus more on the game/story/try to not suck at endings and it would benefit all of us.

Also, while we're at it, thread discussion.
>What do you think about stuff mentioned above
>Where do you want TES6 to happen
>etc

Also ..
I kinda want Argonians & Khajiits reskin (well, all races rework to be honest).. They look too much like animals for me.
Don't get me wrong, i don't want your suspicion of anthro faggotry but if Bethesda had to reinvent the human race as they see the Argonians & Khajiits, we would be the fucking armored chimpanzees from the 2001 Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes movie.
They feel .. not evolved. Yeah i know, magic, fantasy and shit. Still.
>>
Well, op here, seems nobody cares & the next TES will flop.
>>
>>332533694
>skyrim 2
>flop
lmao
>>
>>332533694
Make your post more straight to the point and less TL;DR

All I want is proper 3rd person camera view without it being ass and a fucking parry system along with a working magic system.

FUCK is that too much to ask?
>>
>>332532776
Why does everyone think that voice acting is the bane of Bethesda game's existence. It's fine and the story is still fine. I think too many like to whine about change in gaming.
>>
File: new engine.jpg (31 KB, 879x423) Image search: [Google]
new engine.jpg
31 KB, 879x423
>>332532776
>TES : Things that can make it not suck

New fucking engine. Like, a new engine. Not a new Gamebryo version a new engine. New engine.

N
E
W

E
N
G
I
N
E

newengine
>>
>>332533915
Voice acting is fine. Most story elements are hit and miss that rely too much on lore that a lot of casuals probably don't bother looking into.
Oblivion for example. Who the fuck is Talos? Who the fuck is Tiber Septim?
These are the questions the casuals ask.
>>
They first need a new engine to make TESVI good.

They recently hired a game engine developer, so we'll see what happens.
>>
>>332534356
>They recently hired a game engine developer

Source on that. I want to learn who and when was hired.
>>
>>332534095
What are you trying to say?
>>
I wish the scale would be smaller, but the size would be the same if you know what I mean. Like, an area in game the size of a Skyrim hold or Oblivion county but actually the same size as a full game. That way you could have small villages that are Whiterun size and be like "they're just villages"
>>
>>332533915
I do think it limits the possibilities of dialogue. Immensely.
Every single fucking word spoken, every dialogue imaginable have to be processed through it and getting rid of it or, as suggested, a part of it would just make it way easier.

Also, imagine what it would do for the modding community. Imagine you can use the dialogue text to speech engine to give a voice to an entire campaign YOU create.
Come on, it would be fucking huge.

If it worked.
>>
>>332534095
NEW ENGINE
V
A
P
E

N
A
T
I
O
N
>>
>>332534452
http://wccftech.com/bethesda-hiring-spree-bleedingedge-rpg-pc-consoles/
>>
>>332532776
I don't care about VA
lack of VA in morrowind was the least of its problems and I still love it
>>
>>332534840
>Havoc physics engine

Can't wait to shoot a bandit in the leg and see him flying over the mountain while doing back flips.
>>
>>332532776
I want it to be more like Skyrim and less than Fallout 4
>>
>>332534595
>If it worked.
At the moment I don't we have the technology to make something like that. It's wonderful to think that we could gave the game create its own dialogue and not have to rely on voice actors but until the day comes when technology is advanced enough to do that, we're gonna have to make do with voice actors.
>>
File: laughingbuddha.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
laughingbuddha.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
>bethesda game
>not sucking
>>
>>332535325
I like memes.
>>
>>332535274
Have a look at www.readspeaker.com/voice-demo
Its reasonable. If you feed it pronunciations for all the made up words/names in your setting it would be fine.
>>
File: 129791361360.png (26 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
129791361360.png
26 KB, 396x400
>new engine not designed by unpaid interns
>make combat actually fun
>fire every animator you currently have and hire people who actually know what the fuck they're doing
>>
>>332535556
Reasonable but I still think it's not ready for primetime.
>>
>>332535556
I've heard way better. Your link can't even handle a comma properly.
But yeah, it could work if it's something professional, not any dumb free / personal use T2S you can find everywhere.

>>332535982
How about you go fuck yourself and hide the thread, you endless cocksucking nigger ?
>>
>argonians and khajits look too much like animals
isnt that the point of a beast race
>>
>>332536038
Its a video game, not a news anchor. Its good enough, especially as an option for modders and there for generic lines that arent part of the main quest.
>>
File: Chris_Avellone.jpg (2 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
Chris_Avellone.jpg
2 MB, 2304x1728
Hire pic related to write the story and some side quests

Bam! Instant 10/10 scores on Metacritic from contrarian /v/irgins.
>>
>>332532776
The next TES being a flop followed by Bethesda actually trying. But that will ever happen.
>>
>>332536354
This.
>>
>>332536354
>bethesda-obsidian collaboration on a new engine

Holy shit, a game so buggy that not only would it not run, it would kill your PC on install and set your house on fire.
>>
>>332536545
It worked out over time with New Vegas, why not Elder Scrolls VI?
>>
Set in the fucking Sumerset Isles and I'll be happy. Not fucking Hammerfell
>>
File: so lit lmao.jpg (51 KB, 998x560) Image search: [Google]
so lit lmao.jpg
51 KB, 998x560
>>332534634
>tfw chasing the fattest clouds
>>
File: khajiit 2.0.png (59 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
khajiit 2.0.png
59 KB, 256x256
>>332536143
Sure, you're not wrong .. but i'd like a more "evolved" look for them.
Not pic related but at least, something that doesn't look just like a fucking cat or a lizard straight out of the pet store + clothes.
>>
>>332536209
Yeah but it doesn't come across as very professional.
>>
>>332536143
Before Memewind they were just humans with tails and ears, like in my Anime. Then Micheal "the Black Panthers are so cool, black Imperialism brothers!" Cuckbride decided to ruin Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>332534634
\N
>>
They need to bring back spell crafting.

It would be nice if they gave us more ways to customise our characters like dying your armour or adding symbols. Like Saints Row 2 level of character customisation.
>>
>>332537648
That would be nice too.
I'd like to be able to do a repel, a proper chain lightning or a even a good dot, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>332532776
>was great yet could've been better
>was great
>>
>>332539035
Yes. I've had a great deal of fun playing it despite the ton of shit i had to deal with too.
>>
>>332534095
>Bethesda Acquire ID software and IDTech 5
>All developers published under Bethesda must use IDTech 5 or some variation thereof
>Bethesda themselves are too fucking technically incompetent and keep using an engine that was outdated in 2002

it should be fucking illegal. IDTech 5 is by no means perfect but it would be a damn sight better than using this crippled old piece of shit they insist on leaning on.
>>
They need to hire more than 5 voice actors
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.