[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, what do you use to talk to friends while playing? TS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: unnamed.png (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
14 KB, 300x300
Hey /v/, what do you use to talk to friends while playing? TS is nice but hosting a server costs and leeching on other's servers like a parasite is just terrible. Curse Voice is a no. The fuck do they even do? And it has no server thing, booh. Recently got on Discord.gg, seemed good and nice but turns out to be a fucking hog on RAM with its terrible atom shell client and all that shitty memes. What do you use? Really want to get off Discord shit.
>>
Mumble.
>>
>>332523757
Mumble also needs to pay for a server, I'm not that dedicated to buy a server just for Mumble, and leeching is bad
>>
Discord isn't perfect, but it's the best available.
>>
TS is what I use. Costs to run a server aren't that bad at all if you do some shopping around. It depends on how many people you want the server cap to be, but for a 30 slot I pay 8 a month, and that's not even the lowest I could go.
>>
>>332523989
>Mumble also needs to pay for a server

Not if you host one yourself and it barely puts any strain on whatever you host it on. There are several public servers as well to just connect on.
>>
>>332523989
You don't need to pay for a mumble server you actual dip. Learn to computer.
>>
>>332523650
i used skype, no reason to use it anymore tho
>>
Browser client is garbage and so is the software itself.
>>
Skype with friends mostly
>>
Discord I made by a guy with a track record of getting investors, getting a massive userbase then selling it to chinks for a ton of money and it gets abandoned because it's a giant money sink. Enjoy using discord for the next two years then kiss it goodbye because it will either be abandoned or so filled with ad cancer you'll wish it had been
>>
Xfire
>>
>>332523989
>Mumble costs money
I want this meme to end.
>>
>>332524564
>>332524601
>>332525506
I can't leave my PC on 24/7. I don't have a RasPi to leave on 24/7. Even if I had a RasPi, I would not have enough network bandwidth to handle a server with more than 2 people connected. Lucky you with your wonderful internet and caring daddy paying electricity bills
>>
When I had a friend that would play games with me, we would use Skype.
>>
>>332525506
Well some people don't like sharing their IP with others even if they're friends. Maybe they pass it around to a friend of a friend and then rip you.
>>
>>332525002

Sounds like 4chan, getting bought by Jackie 4Chan
>>
>>332525002
As if he can sell a project that has no self sustain. Wow personal info and chat logs of thousands of autistic redditors are sure worth that $40m that you wasted on said project, not like you can get that info anywhere else but for cheap.
>>
>>332525863

There are also free servers, stop being underage and computer illiterate.
>>
File: Smug kappa.jpg (6 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
Smug kappa.jpg
6 KB, 184x184
>>332525863
Well don't just state "Mumble also needs to pay for a server" as a fact then get upset when people say you're wrong. Also if you can't host maybe you could tell your friends about free mumble servers and they could help you out.
>>
File: 1459307544853.png (182 KB, 481x511) Image search: [Google]
1459307544853.png
182 KB, 481x511
my guild used to use mumble but the guy who owned it sucks so we moved to discord. discords okay i guess.

i'm usually with my s/o on skype no matter what, though. our record call was 99h30m skype fucking crashed 30m before 100h.
>>
File: 1458277965616.jpg (90 KB, 471x363) Image search: [Google]
1458277965616.jpg
90 KB, 471x363
>>332523650
>>332523989
>>332525863
If you don't host yourself, a 5 slot TS server is JUST 5 buckaroos.
>>
>>332526483

>weeb promotes discord

What a shocker.
>>
>>332526668
>it's okay i guess
>promoting

okay?

unless you think that the "guy who owned it sucks" part is shitting on mumble. i meant the guy who owned the server for our guild.
>>
>>332526483
>s/o

are you gay, a girl, or one of those dudes who doesn't like the way marriages work?
>>
>>332526937
yeah one of those. not the latter, though.
>>
mumble, could host it at home but I'm tinkering with my server so I host it on a remote VPS for $15/yr, recently upgraded the plan though to something a little beefier to run other junk for $24/yr.

I don't even pay it, people are kind enough to put some money towards it which pays for the entire year.
>>
>>332525863
You could literally buy a used raspberry pi for $10, a cheapo SD card and run it off that. Mumble is not resource intensive.
>>
>>332526987
just wondering
>>
>>332526158
Look up openfeint, it's a pretty standard practise to build up these sorts of social things operating at loss then once your 10 mil loan runs out you sell it for 50
>>
I don't have friends
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.